What's new

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Understood good sir. :p

I rewatched a POV and did cry a bit for Taron as I can almost feel what I felt on CH and just.. mmmm I want.

Taron is not even in the same league as Cheetah Hunt. Cheetah is the family-friendly version of what Taron is. POVs just don't do it justice and I hate jumping on the hype-wagon but all the hype was more than justified for the German Intamin. Copperhead Strike looks really solid and will please families and junior thrill-seekers alike but it's nowhere near a balls-to-the-wall-intense Intamin, and maybe not even Helix, which took the Mack launchers to a whole other level.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Taron is not even in the same league as Cheetah Hunt. Cheetah is the family-friendly version of what Taron is. POVs just don't do it justice and I hate jumping on the hype-wagon but all the hype was more than justified for the German Intamin. Copperhead Strike looks really solid and will please families and junior thrill-seekers alike but it's nowhere near a balls-to-the-wall-intense Intamin, and maybe not even Helix, which took the Mack launchers to a whole other level.
I second this, for sure. While some were expecting Copperhead Strike to mimick the intensity level of something like Maverick with its seemingly snappy transitions and tight elements, I knew from the start that this was not going to be the case. It does not have very much in the way of whip or G-forces, making Copperhead Strike a perfect starting coaster for more timid riders or ones that don’t crave intensity. As I absolutely love a wild G-machine like Intimidator 305 (#2 in my rankings), aforementioned Maverick (#3), or the Kumba and Montu duo (Both in my top 15), I wasn’t necessarily crazy for Copperhead Strike and its more relaxed antics. However, I know some (family and friends) that would gladly ride this coaster over Fury 325 (#6) — it’s definitely what Carowinds has needed since the demise of Thunder Road, a middle-ground thrill ride that nearly everyone can enjoy.

Snoo

The Legend

Meant Copperhead and not Cheetah Hunt. CH is buns and we all know that. And to be honest, I never said it WAS but the fact that I can now have a sense of why those rides have hype as they're blown up versions of what I rode, regardless of manufacturer. In either case, Copperhead is still a great ride and definitely much more intense and fun then I was expecting, something echoed by everyone in the group from the noobs to the well ventured enthusiast.

Matt N

CF Legend
High praise indeed @Snoo! Most reviews around the ride's opening seemed to say that Copperhead was a good ride, but nothing earth-shattering, so nice to see someone who really likes it! I personally think that Icon is quite underrated, and Copperhead looks similar in many ways, so I'd love to see your reaction to Icon if you were to ever come to the UK! I absolutely love Icon, but all I seem to hear is criticism and disappointment about it nowadays, so I'm glad to see another Mack launch coaster fan in the making!

Pear

Strata Poster
I lowkey prefer Copperhead to Maverick. Maverick just doesn't really do much for me and I find it to be very overrated. It's fun but every time I ride it I hit the brakes and just think "meh"

Snoo

The Legend
I lowkey prefer Copperhead to Maverick. Maverick just doesn't really do much for me and I find it to be very overrated. It's fun but every time I ride it I hit the brakes and just think "meh"

Honestly, Maverick just isn't as fun in comparison any more. The ride was a pioneer in many respects to the small compact crazy intense ride but it doesn't hold up like it used to. I also prefer Copperhead for the fun and airtime I get. Yeah the drop and launch is stronger on Mavvy but Copper wins in every other category.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
And my review, pulled from my full trip report:

The best way to describe it is that it's excruciatingly fun. Neither launch is particularly intense, but the first one picks up towards the end of the launch and the second offers a unique bit of airtime. I was a bit apprehensive about all the hangtime moments but they were sequenced into the ride nicely and it wasn't overbearing. The airtime was surprisingly strong - it isn't Intamin intense but you're still thrown skyward over every hill. While I disagree with those who have said they prefer it to Maverick, I will say that it does have a bit more substance. Each ride is executed differently - Maverick takes the relentlessly intense route whereas Copperhead is a slightly slower paced toss you around but don't break you type of ride. Despite their similarities and differences, everybody was smiling and giggling during the duration of the ride: I cannot stress enough how fun it is.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
As I have an undying addiction to coasters that make safe attempts on my life, Maverick is far superior to Copperhead Strike in my book. However, we all have different tastes in what determines a good ride. I wouldn't use the word “fun” to describe Maverick, Intimidator 305 or Skyrush; I’d moreso reference the terms “balls to the wall intensity”, “insane amounts of whip”, or “unbelievably amazing.” ;)

Copperhead Strike is certainly more of a ride that you can just sit back and enjoy, instead of worry about being chucked over every hill and thrown around every turn — a welcome relief for many, but it’s just not what I favor most in a coaster.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Got to ride it three times yesterday. Twice in the front row and once in the back. Definitely a front seat ride although I thought the hang time in the top hat was better in the back.. I went on with low expectations and actually enjoyed it more than I thought. Surprisingly fun, smooth, reeideable... and lap bars are plus. It's a very entertaining ride to stand around and watch and there's so many odd shapes depending on where you look... Especially when it comes to the shaping of the top hat. The only real negative are the lack of trees or shrubs around the ride and that the back half is in somewhat of an abandoned parking lot.

Last edited: