What's new

Matt N

CF Legend
You do know that RCDB had :emoji_zipper_mouth:ed up LOADS in the past?
How so @Lofty? Not doubting you at all, it's just that my experience with RCDB has mostly been good.

Anyway, on an on-topic note, do people think that this will top Fury 325 as Carowinds' best ride? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I have seen it be implied elsewhere on the internet that because Carowinds is getting a Mack, it finally makes them a park worth visiting, whereas Fury didn't. I may have misinterpreted some of these statements slightly, but that's what I got from them, anyway. I, however, think that Fury will still sit above this ride, but that this ride will be a fantastic coaster and a fantastic addition to Carowinds. Mack's thrill coasters have had almost universal praise since Blue Fire opened in 2009, so this ride will give Carowinds quite the triple threat to top their coaster lineup (Fury, Intimidator and this)!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
How so @Lofty? Not doubting you at all, it's just that my experience with RCDB has mostly been good.

Anyway, on an on-topic note, do people think that this will top Fury 325 as Carowinds' best ride? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I have seen it be implied elsewhere on the internet that because Carowinds is getting a Mack, it finally makes them a park worth visiting, whereas Fury didn't. I may have misinterpreted some of these statements slightly, but that's what I got from them, anyway. I, however, think that Fury will still sit above this ride, but that this ride will be a fantastic coaster and a fantastic addition to Carowinds. Mack's thrill coasters have had almost universal praise since Blue Fire opened in 2009, so this ride will give Carowinds quite the triple threat to top their coaster lineup (Fury, Intimidator and this)!
Why does it have to be better than Fury, why can't it be it's own thing? The park is ****, and while this will help, it will still have zero shade and be all concrete.

Cant wait to ride Levitian 305.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Why does it have to be better than Fury, why can't it be it's own thing? The park is :emoji_poop:, and while this will help, it will still have zero shade and be all concrete.
I never said it had to be better than Fury, I more meant it in the way that I would be interested to see what you guys thought. Sorry about that. I personally think that this will be a fantastic ride in its own right; really smooth, some nice airtime, some nice floaty inversions; well, that's what everyone has praised about the current cohort of Mack thrill coasters, anyway!

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Just my opinion but I doubt this will top Fury or Afterburn at the park for me. Intimidator, yes, but the other two big B&M’s are among my favorite coasters (though admittedly I’m not that well traveled).

Pear

Strata Poster
In goes the concrete!

ACMv7dyO1qhoIF40yuEcJ6cWRGyV0-KkyZTf5i3Vlzg.jpg

Hiveminded

Roller Poster
The picture above is from me. Heres another one! (Also I think that this is my first post on here, looooooooooooong time lurker lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Park is teasing! Going in the county fair section, could we maybe see a continuation of the recent “agricultural business with some sort of issue” theme but with a farmer’s market or something? Possibly digging up a nest of copperheads? Love the Easter eggs at the bottom too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Cedar Fair would put as much effort into the theming of the actual rides as they do with their teasers and marketing.

As crappy as Carowinds is, I think a Mack launch coaster would round out their offerings quite nicely. The park is abysmal, but there's no denying that they have a decent selection of roller coasters so far with Intimidator, Fury, and Afterburn.

Pear

Strata Poster
Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh! So this might be a follow-on to Mystic Timbers, as I believe that the Miami River Lumber Company feature in the theme of that, too.

Jarrett

Oh! So this might be a follow-on to Mystic Timbers, as I believe that the Miami River Lumber Company feature in the theme of that, too.
I think it’s just an Easter egg, there’s no way there would be a critical tie in with a ride 8 hours away nobody there will have even heard of.

I do however think it’ll be an extension of the brand we’ve seen created with Mystic and Twisted Timbers. Hastily abandoned truck at the entrance, loosely themed to some sort of agricultural operation with a problem, labeled sheds in the queue as shading, trains themed as trucks. These posters look a ton like the ones added to Mystic’s station between Haunt and Winterfest, wouldn’t b surprised to see more similarities.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think it’s just an Easter egg, there’s no way there would be a critical tie in with a ride 8 hours away nobody there will have even heard of.

I do however think it’ll be an extension of the brand we’ve seen created with Mystic and Twisted Timbers. Hastily abandoned truck at the entrance, loosely themed to some sort of agricultural operation with a problem, labeled sheds in the queue as shading, trains themed as trucks. These posters look a ton like the ones added to Mystic’s station between Haunt and Winterfest, wouldn’t b surprised to see more similarities.
I agree. Cedar Fair seem to really like that theming style at the moment!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

No, there is a full Cedar Fair Cinematic Universe. Every single coaster owned by Cedar Fair is connected in some way. It's one massive conspiracy, and everyone knows it.

Trust me, my friend works there.

Jarrett

No, there is a full Cedar Fair Cinematic Universe. Every single coaster owned by Cedar Fair is connected in some way. It's one massive conspiracy, and everyone knows it.

Trust me, my friend works there.
Maybe the meteor on Twisted Timbers was actually an egg for one of the other mythical creatures in the chain? And Copperhead Strike is the same snake from Mystic Timbers, possibly related to Diamondback?

Illuminati confirmed, damn.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
teasing a farm theme?? guess what lives on farms..... birds
-
the cedar fair adjectivebird name (copperhead) strikes again!!