What's new

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks good! I remember not being too impressed with the leaked layout and that NL2 recreation/prediction but I'm quite happy with this. I really like the launch into the tight loop before immediately going into an airtime hill, that should be some quick forces. Love the 2nd launch on an airtime hill and some of those banked transitions look pretty nice as well. My main drawback is that it seems to die at the end so those final turns look like the least interesting part of the ride. I think they could've ended the layout a little early and they would've been fine.

Lofty

CF Legend
A few notes from me:

- Overall, looks great.
- That first inline roll can go to ****ing hell.
- Loop into airtime into corkscrew looks fab.
- That second launch needs to happen more often, brilliant.
- Second half looks a bit poo.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I'm glad it has a few inversions, going into Icon I thought that the inversions would be my least favourite part of the ride but they were both actually really fun and complemented the rest of the ride. I kinda wish Icon had a third inversion at the end.

I don't know if this will be better overall, either way it'll be really fun and a great addition to Carowinds.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think the elements on this coaster are right, just not in that order. I think they would have been better off by putting some of these final turns before the second launch, and perhaps finishing off the ride with the signature Mack final inline twist (I know the ride features a Jojo roll, but who cares? The ride already features two loops...).

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the elements on this coaster are right, just not in that order. I think they would have been better off by putting some of these final turns before the second launch, and perhaps finishing off the ride with the signature Mack final inline twist (I know the ride features a Jojo roll, but who cares? The ride already features two loops...).
Noooooooo. Mack's rolls are ****ing gross. Less of them in the world, please.

Lofty

CF Legend
Blue Fire's roll is nothing like Helix's, or like this one is going to be, though. Those slow inline rolls are really horrible.

Snoo

The Legend
Blue Fire's roll is nothing like Helix's, or like this one is going to be, though. Those slow inline rolls are really horrible.

Any reason why specifically? I only have the jojo roll on Hydra for comparison and that wasn't BAD.. but far from good obviously.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ It's one of their better ones, but I still can't like it. The front of the train is so sluggish through it and the back just gets dragged, the middle just feels like loads of hang time. it's definitely a personal preference, I cannot stand hang time to be fair.

Snoo

The Legend
Seeing the replies from those who've been on solid Macks has been fascinating as I've yet to be on one. As this is my favorite North American installation, it will hopefully not disappoint. Given that Icon was supposed to be **** and turned out pretty good, we will see.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Seeing the replies from those who've been on solid Macks has been fascinating as I've yet to be on one. As this is my favorite North American installation, it will hopefully not disappoint. Given that Icon was supposed to be :emoji_poop: and turned out pretty good, we will see.
Since when was Icon supposed to be ****?

Snoo

The Legend
Since when was Icon supposed to be :emoji_poop:?

You missed the thread before it opened and shortly after. Many, myself included, thought it would be complete crap as POVs don't really show much sexually charged action as you see in other Mack launchers. Of course, those opinions have changed once the ride began it's rampage and most who've been on it enjoy it quite a bit, even the most seasoned folks. Now, as I live 3,000 miles away, I won't be on it any time soon but to say it was going to be **** was not a unique assumption before riding it and not a REAL surprise given it's cousins.

I would say the same could have been said for Storm Chaser as well as a good comparison. Many thought it would be mediocre when it turns out to be one of the better RMCs in existence.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Icon looks even more crap now that we have Copperhead on the way.

Having ridden Blue Fire, Helix, and Time Traveler this year, i'm mega excited for this. Very compact & action packed, and it'll have some good airtime on it. These Mack's are just so pleasing just being the way they are. Only thing I don't like is how flat that inverted top hat is. Like, it's almost entirely straight up there. Eyesore but it'll be good on hangtime.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
You missed the thread before it opened and shortly after
I mean, I didn't, but ok. ;) Yeah people seemed a bit disappointed once the real POV was released saying it looked a bit slow, but that didn't last long at all, once peoples' positive reviews started to come in. The most criticism I seem to remember was just after it was officially announced, there were a considerable amount of people who seemed disappointed by it, but I dunno, it don't recall anyone calling it ****, or anything that extreme.

Snoo

The Legend
I mean, I didn't, but ok. ;) Yeah people seemed a bit disappointed once the real POV was released saying it looked a bit slow, but that didn't last long at all, once peoples' positive reviews started to come in. The most criticism I seem to remember was just after it was officially announced, there were a considerable amount of people who seemed disappointed by it, but I dunno, it don't recall anyone calling it :emoji_poop:, or anything that extreme.

Oo.. well my b. I didn't have a GPS tracker on your posts. :D

I think **** may just be extreme usage of the word but disappointing may be more adapt to what was the general feel as you noted.

Lofty

CF Legend
Nah, to be fair, Snoo, it did look **** from the first POVs and animations and to be frank, still doesn't look great on video - but it does ride really well.

Matt N

CF Legend
I personally find Icon to ride much faster in real life than it looks to on video! In that official POV that Blackpool posted, I personally thought that the final few turns looked very slow, but when I actually rode it for the first time in August, I thought that it was far from slow, and that the ride kept a wonderful pace throughout! I personally find the same to be true of Wicker Man!

Anyway, if Icon is anything to go by, then Carowinds will benefit hugely from Copperhead Strike, if you ask me!