What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Bear

Roller Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Venom2053 said:
Welcome to coasterforce if you don't know your stuff your going to get told off

Your grammar was incorrect you flipping tw*t!! GOD!!

CoasterCrazy, I get what you mean (by "bottom of the drop" he means the end of the actual downwards curve, just before the pull-up), and I also think it is going to force some very strange noises out of people! :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend

Bear said:
Venom2053 said:
Welcome to coasterforce if you don't know your stuff your going to get told off

Your grammar was incorrect you flipping tw*t!! GOD!!

To be fair, his grammar was not correct. He didn't use a "." at the end of the post.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Oh goodness what has this topic come to :S Grammar correction -_-

On topic, this is a B&M Giga, their Hypers have airtime, this is should have major airtime if all goes correctly.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^^^^^^"Butterflies" (to me at least) happens at he bottom of the drop, where there is the most forces and Butterflies is a feeling of extreme excitement, I've only ever got it at the bottom of Raptor's drop at Gl.

Was the whole thing because I spelt Millennium wrong?As reddude333 sad, it is a complete overreaction! And it sure will make some strange noises from some...

Anyway....

Picture I thought is worth sharing:

j9J2v.jpg

Is it just me or does that photo make the drop look quite small?

Ben

CF Legend

^I was just thinking that doesn't look much bigger than I'd expect from a normal hyper. It must be, but, doesn't look it there.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^^Smaller than some other pictures I've seen but honestly, nothing can really make this coaster look small I don't think.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Yea, most of the photos make it look pretty small. I want some one to get a photo from outside the park so we can compare it to behemoths height.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

You can see one of the supports merging with the track spine at one point, creating the impression that the track is standard size and quite close to the camera instead of gigantic and relatively far away. I think we can really see the scale of this beast when the trains arrive. They will look tiny descending that drop.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

I think these photos put it more in perspective

supports2.jpg

Notice Windseeker and the Drop Tower
(It only 5ft taller than Windseeker)

supports.jpg

Compared to the 78ft Dragon fire lift

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^ exactly that, this coaster gives off the impression of being small due to the massive size of the track spine.

But take a look at this picture and you can see just how big it actually is when compared to a full size truck:
016~7.JPG

taken from cwmania.com

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
Was the whole thing because I spelt Millennium wrong?As reddude333 sad, it is a complete overreaction! And it sure will make some strange noises from some...

No. You stated that a possible reason the drop was almost vertical was due to the ride being a Giga.

That does not make sense.

While height certainly gives opportunity for a steeper drop, it does not CAUSE the drop angle to increase.

Eurofighters are steeper than this and they are far smaller, for one example of coasters that disprove your supposition.

The spine for the drop is huge! I hadn't noticed the scale change when the support goes to ground while the track pulls out from the other angles. Thanks for that picture!

Bear

Roller Poster

Also, don't forget that Vekoma/Arrow looping coaster track is very big and bulky; if you were stood there in real life, it'd be massive!

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

I don't know if this has been discussed or shown yet, but the coaster makes its over-bank turn right in front of the park entrance. I don't know if I like that. The park area in front of the entrance was a great place to eat a pinic, won't this take away from the entrance of the park?

unledfv.jpg

For the ignorant fish among us:
Blue = Leviathan
Orange = Behemoth

Credit to CWmania for the image

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^ Well only if you don't want to see a giant coaster while you're eating lunch, but we're enthusiasts so I don't think it'll affect us too badly really. Surely it just gives us something to look at when we whack out the packed lunch ;)

reddude333

Giga Poster

Venom, I see your point and I understand that it may not be favorable to families with small children but I agree with Crazycoaster that I'm all for it as an enthusiast...not that I will necessarily ever visit Canada's Wonderland

Josh73

Giga Poster

I see both points and I respect them. Me, as an enthusiast, I would love to eat there. My family however? I can just hear my sister complaining.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

reddude333 said:
...not that I will necessarily ever visit Canada's Wonderland

Why not its only 6 hours from Cedar Point and has the 3rd most roller coasters for a theme park in the world. I think its worth visiting just as much as Busch Gardens was for me, and its at the opposite end of the country.