What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

I presume thats a Boomerang on the left? My god that is huge, and that drop is going to be so **** epic at the back!

Venom2053 said:
Why not its only 6 hours from Cedar Point and has the 3rd most roller coasters for a theme park in the world. I think its worth visiting just as much as Busch Gardens was for me, and its at the opposite end of the country.
I've been to CP and other parks around there and that was part of a 14-day roadtrip over thousands of miles so I doubt I will be doing that again anytime soon. It was $1000 in gas money alone. Awesome but not very repeatable in the foreseeable future.

So are they not going for the crowning the lift hill as the final piece thing as they do with some other coasters?

B&MintaminGCI said:
Taken from TPR
thumb_x4.jpg
http://www.myfacewhen.com/28/

And now....

leviathan111.JPG

Now that is now officially the tallest B&M yet..

Looking rather epic! :--D :p :--D

^I can't see the picture. Where have you taken it from?

^It seems to be a broken link. The image location just returns "sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found".

>>CWMania Gallery<<
mhYqx.gif

It's so beautiful... I don't even...
I'm really loving the way Behemoth and Leviathan are sort of facing off. Omggggg what a beautiful coaster.

Makes the skyline look so amazing :O I am now changing my Location to camping out front of CW :p

This looks amazing. Pity I will most probably never ride it. Still gonna be epicly epic though.

Im hitting CW next year for sure now. Just gotta convince the BF to get a passport (as he has never needed one before, so he doesnt have one).

Switching between the hideouts'...

Everyones changing their tune abit from the announcement.

"WHY this park", "what a pointless layout"

into

"That looks amazing" "can't wait" etc etc

Seriously though, it IS impressive, can't imagine what it's like to stand under such a huge B&M in person.

^ There is absolutely no question the coaster will be a good one. It was a simply a question of why building so closely after Behemoth.

^ There are also questions about the layout and how it they could have done more with the height they were working with. My personal opinion, the ride looks brilliant overall although I wish there could be a set of airtime hills at the end instead of a giant break run. I also believe that B&M will enhance their giga designs over the next few years and hopefully we will see a great new era for their non-loopers. Excited to see what comes next!

I don't think anyone ever denied the drop will be amazing, which is what everyone is freaking about now.

The rest of the layout DOES still look a bit meh and it IS still dumb to be building it at CW. The skyline looks a bit silly because it's so blindly obvious they're just the same thing...

Drop looks great though.

^Well, two huge coasters is surely better than one huge coaster? I mean, the GP hardly care about what type of coaster it is, as long as they can now ride two giants in the same day at the same park.

We enthusiasts are used to comparing rides, while families going out compare parks. Yes, it seems shoddy to us, but marketing-wise, I don't think it's half bad.

reddude333 said:
^ There are also questions about the layout and how it they could have done more with the height they were working with. My personal opinion, the ride looks brilliant overall although I wish there could be a set of airtime hills at the end instead of a giant break run. I also believe that B&M will enhance their giga designs over the next few years and hopefully we will see a great new era for their non-loopers. Excited to see what comes next!

As with every large coaster layout, I do believe cost is a definite factor. Leviathan is costing the park $28,000,000, $3,000,000 more than MF and I305. The smaller the hills, the less supporting structure, the cheaper the price. There is a natural trade off between cost and layout - hopefully CW got it right.

^ Oh, I definitely understand cost being a major factor, but then you can just go back to the argument of why did they put it in this park (circular reasoning FTW). Perhaps making some adjustments and learning from Leviathan will help B&M to make their gigas more affordable without sacrificing layout design.