What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Antinos said:
This looks like it's going to be quite fun:

388508_10150439436943924_95469803923_8704412_1024003336_n.jpg

There's the possibility that B&M has a sketch or sketches of a eight or nine thousand foot long giga coaster somewhere, and it may have a mid course brake run positioned around the same point as Leviathan's brake run. We'll never find out if it exists though.
I like how that part is sort of hidden from public view. And MAN that's going to produce some crazy airtime...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I wonder what those strange ladder looking things are on the track?

I mean, honestly they're probably nothing interesting, and could just be that.. a ladder, but I don't think I've seen anything like that on B&M track before

reddude333

Giga Poster
Crazycoaster said:
I wonder what those strange ladder looking things are on the track?

I mean, honestly they're probably nothing interesting, and could just be that.. a ladder, but I don't think I've seen anything like that on B&M track before
It's a maintenance ladder for track inspection (sort of an alternative to catwalks)

Just out of curiousity, is anyone going opening day or opening week for this? If so, I might want to join, except not really opening day because it's a long-ish drive for me and I don't dig waiting six hours for a ride :p .

Looking good though!

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
:lol: I want to go opening day but I don't know if I'll have it off work, I'd love to join you sometime opening week. Its close to my hometown (like 45 min).

Its not just looking good its looking amazing, I can't wait for that HammerHead turn to be done.

^ Yeah, obviously I don't know my work schedule that far in advance but if you figure out a day during opening week that's not specifically opening day, I'll join you for that.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Thats going to be one dam freaking long chain lift.
Apart from SD2K, thats the longest chain lift I can think of in existence!!

And that last panoramic photo .... oh my its looking beautiful.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
If the lift speed isn't quick...CW are going to have a HUGE capacity problem!

It looks, frankly, amazing...it really is much more than just a hyper coaster! :--D

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I don't think capacity will be much of an issue. If the lift hill is the same speed as Behemoth it might take about an extra 15 seconds to reach the top, probably less since the lift hill looks steeper on Leviathan. Plus I doubt it will take any longer to reach the blocks at the end of Leviathan than it does to get to the MCBR on Behemoth.

I can't wait to see the trains, since Leviathan is some mythical creature of the sea i'm still hoping for some kind of water effect, not a full splashdown since that would show up on the layout, but maybe the trains could skim into a pool at the bottom of the first drop for instance. I remember seeing some concept drawings of a new train with splashdown fins mounted on the front (brought up on the Shambhala topic by Tucoaster and Andrus) which could work really well.

http://www.pa-community.com/public/pict ... 878069.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4558/coaster2h.jpg

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Interesting I didn't even think of them adding any kind of theming aspect like that. The first drop would be a prefect place for one as they have that little pit dug to extend the drop. I want to see what the station looks like when its done. I know it won't be much theming but hopefully its enough to make it stand out.