What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Anyone been to this park before & would you rate it?

One of my favourite parks actually! Like Ben said, there are only a few coasters that you can actually consider good, with the rest being average at best, but it's a park you can easily spend a day or two in and not get bored. They have insane flats and also a really good waterpark if you're into that sort of thing. Leviathan is not what they needed but it puts the park more on the map to be honest.

Josh73

Giga Poster

CW is awesome. Don't get me wrong, Leviathan will be mad fun, but I would have rathered a floorless or something as well, but there isn't really enough room for that.

And the flats<3

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Personally i was hoping for a dive machine, or a flying coaster like Air. At least Leviathan is getting CW some attention internationally

Ben

CF Legend

I don't understand all this "Leviathan makes CW internationally recognised"...

A. It's a park with OBSCENE amounts of visitors. Isn't it the most visted CF seasonal park? It gets loads of visitors, loads. If it's not "international" yet (it is), it doesn't need to because they do bloody well!

B. They've GOT the tallest, fastest roller coaster in Canada. They're just beating their own record... Why not go for the tallest looping coaster in Canada? The tallest (good) Woodie? Fastest launch? It's not adding to anything at all.

C. A unique, clever coaster would make much more of a splash on an international level. I mean, the enthusiast reaction to this has generally been "meh" considering it's B&Ms first Giga, I can't imagine the general public reaction being as strong as it would have been if the park had actually gone for something that actually added to its range, broke records and was good as well AND different to what they already. bloody. have.

Ugh. This doesn't make CW as internationally recognised as a really strong launched coaster, or good looper, would have done. Nearly every other park in the World would have benefitted more from this, than CW.

^ No, you're right, but the thing is more people on here are saying "I have to go to Canada this season to ride it" rather than when Behemoth opened, because Behemoth was something standard that we've seen before. Therefore people obviously knew what the experience would be like for the most part.

Canada's Wonderland IS obscenely busy during peak times, but it's right outside Canada's biggest and most populated city, not to mention all the "smaller" surrounding cities which still have half a million to a million people. It's not really a park like Cedar Point where people from other countries dream of going there, or make trips from ages away to go to it. A lot of the people there are locals, or at least within an hour away.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Although this is a very strange choice given Behmoth, I dont think its going to stop the GP flocking in there thousands to ride this, and Cedar Fair are sure to reap the financial rewards. On a personal level im actually pleased that this is being built, not because im going to CW to ride it, but surely now the B&M Giga exists it wont be long until a park closer to home will pick one up :D

Ben

CF Legend

LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ No, you're right, but the thing is more people on here are saying "I have to go to Canada this season to ride it" rather than when Behemoth opened, because Behemoth was something standard that we've seen before. Therefore people obviously knew what the experience would be like for the most part.

Except it wasn't something we'd seen before. Except it was actually a NEW concept with those train. And except people were all unanimously excited about Behemoth, whereas opinion on this is divided to say the least.

Canada's Wonderland IS obscenely busy during peak times, but it's right outside Canada's biggest and most populated city, not to mention all the "smaller" surrounding cities which still have half a million to a million people. It's not really a park like Cedar Point where people from other countries dream of going there, or make trips from ages away to go to it. A lot of the people there are locals, or at least within an hour away.

Yeah, and yet, CW gets more visitors than CP? Do you think they really CARE if they're not attracting people from all over (although they are, and people did flock for Behemoth Tay, I was one of them). CW don't NEED to be worrying about getting noticed on an international scale, they need to worry about not chucking in the same. bloody. ride.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

The thing is I don't ever remember seeing Behemoth being discussed like this on this website, and the CW park guide was only completed after Leviathan was announced. This made international news it was announced in more articles than Behemoth which was just advertised locally. From my point of view Leviathan is just getting more attention than any other ride that was added to CW (i.e. Vortex, Time Warp, wind seeker or Backlot stunt coaster)

This is a new concept for B&M its the highest they've ever gone. But, yes i do agree with the fact that it is very similar in feel to Behemoth but that doesn't mean with won't be amazing...as i said before i was hoping for something with more inversions (N).

Josh73

Giga Poster

I would have liked inversions as well, but as I said before, there isn't enough room for that. There is barely enough room for Leviathan.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Agreed, having an inversion (Zero-G-roll?) to replace an airtime hill would just top it off...not sure B&M are too keen to do one on a Giga though...

Ben

CF Legend

Venom2053 said:
The thing is I don't ever remember seeing Behemoth being discussed like this on this website, and the CW park guide was only completed after Leviathan was announced. This made international news it was announced in more articles than Behemoth which was just advertised locally.

Well, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. Behemoth created loads of hype when it was announced, it was a totally different B&M hyper concept, and that got our attention, we were all intrigued by how it was going to ride (amazingly, it turned out).

It's a little scary that it was four years ago, but, bottom line, Behemoth was the coaster that made CW more than just that park with loads of coasters, it gave them some proper quality. What they need to do now is consolidate that quality with a variety of quality. Not just... more of the same.

I still think it's great B&M are going Giga, but, anyone that says it's in the right park is stupid. This isn't a case of, oh, they should have stuck a loop on this ride, it's a case of they should have gone for something totally and utterly different, and put this in any one of the loads of parks in the chain that need this.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Ben said:
Venom2053 said:
I still think it's great B&M are going Giga, but, anyone that says it's in the right park is stupid. This isn't a case of, oh, they should have stuck a loop on this ride, it's a case of they should have gone for something totally and utterly different, and put this in any one of the loads of parks in the chain that need this.

Then the question is why is it being built at CW? There has to be a reason.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

This all scares me a bit. I feel like it's going to prove that "add something big and it'll bring people through the gates en-mass" is true. And it's disappointing.

I would love to know why the park has decided to do this. It seems like insanity. Why pump the cash needed to build that large into a park which, whatever way you look at it, already has the same thing and renders the smaller version pointless? What is the point? How will it effect Behemoth's queue?

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Well that is true. No matter how much enthusiasts like or done like it, its true. When the GP see something big is being added, they will make the effort to chance visits at the park. And the GP does make up of a much larger percentage then the roller coaster enthusiasts who just complain.

People are complaining that Leviathan is too much like Behemoth, too many roller coasters in the park that have drops yada yada.
Well firstly, for the love of god stop complaining, its not like anything is going to change, just get excited for the ride because it WILL be awesome.
Secondly its slightly ridiculous to complain about there being too many 'big rides' with the layouts sort of like hypers (being Behemoth and Leviathan) .... so thats TWO roller coasters that are similar.
And then people go and say right after that, oh yeah we should have gotten a looper though.
HUH?
CW already has 5 different roller coasters that go upside down (Flight Deck, Bat, Dragon Fire, Time Warp and SkyRider). Is adding SIXTH roller coaster that goes upside down so much better than adding the what they are doing with leviathan?
I know that most of those rides arennt very good, but I just dont think simply adding another sixth looping coaster is the solution. CW should seek out companies that design trains and replace the ones on Flight Deck to make it much more enjoyable. I personally love the layouts of SLC's and think if they were smooth would be perfectly fine line-ups for a looping coaster. Same thing with Dragon Fire and Bat. Again, I know these are smaller roller coasters, but would adding a BIGGER BETTER version of these by any different then what Leviathan has improved upon with Behemoth???
It just doesnt make sense to me why so many people are complaining. Get the hell over it, its really irritating.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

D1993 said:
CW already has 5 different roller coasters that go upside down (Flight Deck, Bat, Dragon Fire, Time Warp and SkyRider). Is adding SIXTH roller coaster that goes upside down so much better than adding the what they are doing with leviathan?
Because adding a B&M multi-looper would be a completely different ride experience, even though the coaster still 'just-has-a-load-of-inversions'. Leviathan is going to offer pretty much the same ride experience as Behemoth, so having two in the same park is a bit daft.

I'm excited that B&M are building Giga-coasters, I'll be honest, I didn't see it happening. I think it's a very interesting idea and I hope it works out, but at the end of the day this coaster is at the wrong park. End of.

Ben

CF Legend

D1993 said:
I personally love the layouts of SLC's and think if they were smooth would be perfectly fine line-ups for a looping coaster. Same thing with Dragon Fire and Bat. Again, I know these are smaller roller coasters, but would adding a BIGGER BETTER version of these by any different then what Leviathan has improved upon with Behemoth???

Yes. Yes it would be very different.

Also, when was the last time they added a looping coaster?

Edit: No need to be rude... well, not SO rude - Furie

It would be stupid if they added another Boomerang, or another SLC, or another Arrow Looper, but, say, a Floorless, or a Flyer, would be totally and utterly different. This is ACTUALLY the exact same.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ben said:
D1993 said:
I personally love the layouts of SLC's and think if they were smooth would be perfectly fine line-ups for a looping coaster. Same thing with Dragon Fire and Bat. Again, I know these are smaller roller coasters, but would adding a BIGGER BETTER version of these by any different then what Leviathan has improved upon with Behemoth???

It would be stupid if they added another Boomerang, or another SLC, or another Arrow Looper, but, say, a Floorless, or a Flyer, would be totally and utterly different. This is ACTUALLY the exact same.

Um. No it's not the same, in my opinion, this does LESS.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Ben said:

The last coaster with inversions the was added was Time Wrap in 2004, and before that Flight Deck in 1995.
So in other words its been a long time :p

Ben

CF Legend

-lofty- said:
Ben said:
D1993 said:

Um. No it's not the same, in my opinion, this does LESS.

BUT IT'S TALLERS SO IS BETTER

[/postingintheacceptablewaynow]