What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

spicy

Giga Poster
Youngster Joey said:
Trims. So High

This.

You are going to free fall for what, not even half a second? Its more of a controlled drop.

Unless they remove some trims after testing..?

spicy

Giga Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Or unless the are only used at the top when they NEED to be rather than every drop. That could work.

They will be magnetic, therefore you can't just turn them off and on.

I think we will see the ones at the top removed during testing, I will be surprised if it opens with trims that high.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Id hope it is just a safety precaution. I cant imagine they will be left there or "turned on" once the ride opens. HK's start fairly high up but you still get a decent amount of free fall on there, i don't believe Intamin would build a 300+ tower which only free falls for 100ft?

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
spicy said:
They will be magnetic, therefore you can't just turn them off and on.
Technically you could make magnetic fins retractable, so you could effectively turn them on or off. I doubt they will, especially on a ride like this, but it's technically possible.

Hutch

Strata Poster
1654730_10152185727505239_1450321030_o.jpg

I'm being distracted by looking at Sheikra in the background. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
I still can't get my head around the sudden block colour change, it's not even hals way up the tower...

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
That picture has so much win <3 I'm hoping to get down to ride in June during my family vacation. Still curious as to how the seats are going to work.

andrus

Giga Poster
Wow! That concept art looks really good and will fit very well into the park I think :--D
The seats look a bit weird though, will be interesting to see how the turning mechaism will work!