What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: Busch Gardens Tampa - Drop Tower 2013

STC said:
Is it possible that Busch made a 'two-ride deal' with Moser, signed before Mach Tower turned out to be a cock-up?

For how much **** BGW went through with Mach Tower I think SWP&E got themselves a free ticket out of the deal, if there is any legitimate deal in the first place.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Whats this cock up that happened with the Mach Tower?

Or is it just the enthusiast way of moaning about it being ****, by calling it a cock up?

bmac

Giga Poster

Multiple technical issues with the ride and an incident where the drop carriage slammed into the ground at a slow speed.. Basically all of that made it open 4 months later than it was supposed to. It's stil having issues now, and was closed for almost a month earlier this year.

Lofty

CF Legend

Mach Tower looks terrible, it always has since opening, here's another person hoping for an Intamin one!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Re: Busch Gardens Tampa | Drop Tower

Do we know where sandstorm will be relocated to yet?

And why do williamsburg have an issue with buying intamin?

Snoo

The Legend

Lofty said:
Mach Tower looks terrible, it always has since opening, here's another person hoping for an Intamin one!

It IS terrible. You get less then a second of good airtime then brakes for 175ft.

bmac

Giga Poster

SilverArrow said:
Do we know where sandstorm will be relocated to yet?

And why do williamsburg have an issue with buying intamin?

Part 1: Rumors have Sandstorm going somewhere between Gwazi and Bird Gardens

Part 2: Various issues with Escape from Pompeii. If I remember right the boats displaced the water as far as the train tracks when it started testing, and they were getting stuck in certain areas of the ride (I think the final turnaround or something).

Lofty

CF Legend

So because of a singular water ride, they've completely boycotted a manufacturer who offer arguably the best drop towers in the entire world?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
So because of a singular water ride, they've completely boycotted a manufacturer who offer arguably the best drop towers in the entire world?

And holy cow did that come back and bite them in the ass!

I still think it's funny how a little park in Finland just got a copy of Mach Tower this year, and it has been operating the whole season without downtime.
1288464658989.jpeg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Im glad someone has bumped this thread, so is BGT tampa getting a drop tower then, because we have no constuction pic as of yet?

Lofty

CF Legend

owenrita121 said:
Im glad someone has bumped this thread, so is BGT tampa getting a drop tower then, because we have no constuction pic as of yet?
If you read the topic it's kind of up in the air. They ARE getting one, but it's just a guessing game as of when & the manufacturer.

Martyn B

CF Legend

They need to pull their finger out, that park BADLY needs something other than coasters!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

See this is why I wasn't sure if they really are getting one, because it's taking them forever to say that they are building one and then start building it. The park does have a great coaster line up, but I agree with martyn, they do need some good flat rides.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Nothing drop tower related, but Sheikra is now closed until Feb 16th whilst they repaint it.

Lofty

CF Legend

I doubt them getting this ride for 2013. If anything, it'll be probably 2014 at the earliest.

Martyn: So glad to hear that, it was looking somewhat tired in October.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^There's still time. You can literally throw those things up in a few days. Well not Mach Tower obviously, that whole thing was a huge joke, but usually. I'm not saying it's happening, just that it's not too late to still happen. You'd think there'd be some information or advertising by now though I guess.

Martyn B

CF Legend

What on earth is going with it? It is just a drop tower after all. I presume they got their planning permission, so what's the wait all about?

From what I can remember, there is no sign of anything happening anywhere in the park.