What's new

Best & Worst SLC you've been on?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Blaze said:
SLC's are supposed to be rough, yet the smoothest is the worst. Stop complaining people. You either toughen yourselves up or go on the disapointing ones.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me?! And to be honest, I dont get what you mean? We're all apparently saying the smoothest is the 'worst', meaning we like the rough ones better, yet you tell us to toughen up? :?

Kumali being smooth doesn't make it rubbish, the unispired layout does.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
No, not at all, what I am saying is that people complain about them being rough, when there are much worse around, then, when presented with one that is smoother, say it is even more hopeless than the apparently rough ones which often get described as some of the worst rides in the world. That is what I don't get.
I'm saying that if you don't like the bit of roughness you get, go on the smooth ones, but be prepared to ride a poorer ride. When the smoothest SLC is not as good as the rougher ones, I don't get it. If you don't like the rough ones but think the newer, smoother Shenlin ones are crap, put up with the rougher, better ones.

I was not having a go at anyone in particular, just the general idea and contradictions that the rougher ones are better than the smooth but the smooth ones are worse than the normal ones described as some of the worst in the world.

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, you've been on.. 2? Maybe?

And what is the general consensus around here for most of the ones they've been on? Oo.. that SLC's suck.

Jesus.. you went from fanboy to retarded fanboy in one foul thread. Congrats.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
No matter how many I've been on, if I thought they were quite good, that proves that not all of them are awfull. Maybe may are, but certainly not all. If Ben is right then I have been on the best one, which may cloud my opinion a bit, but the fact that it is good proves not all of them are bad.

Snoo

The Legend
You've never been on Thunderhawk, so who knows which is best? :p

Of course, saying 'Best SLC' is like saying 'Smartest Retard.'

I dunno, I can kinda see where Blaze is coming from a little bit. They can be bad rides, but there are so much worse out there, and even though I have only been on two SLC's (well, three I guess), I've been on one of the best and one of the worst.. so my opinion is stil valid. When I think of a rough coaster I don't think of SLC, I think of maybe Son of Beast, Monstre, Cobra, and Wild Beast.

I kinda see where he's comnig from, but I don't 100% agree.. Though I think you guys should be a little nicer :p .

Martyn B

CF Legend
Roughness is only an issue to me when its just.....'pointless'?

I mean Odyseey is rough, but its so fast, and so intense, its kind of expected, and accepted. And its more of a shaky roughness, rather than full blown head bang.

Where as at the other end of the scale, Infusion is rough when it shouldn't be, it chucks your head about at the slow points and it can hurt sometimes. But in saying that, I liked it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
^ I agree that is quite odd, the roughest parts being the inlines while the roll over and drop are smoothest. Still don't think any of it is really rough, though.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I don't think of SLC's as being crap like most people. Of course, B&M inverts are much better. As far as all steels go:
1. Hypers / Megas
2. B&M Inverts
3. Floorless Loopers
4. Launchers With Loops
5. Launchers Without Loops
6. Flyers
7. Dive Machines
8. Sit-Down Loopers
9. Sit-Down Non Loopers
10. SLC's
11. Boomerangs
12. Stand-Ups (except Chang which was great)

All SLC's seem the same to me, but Hangman at Wild Adventures felt a little better than
Mind Eraser (SFA) or T2.

Snoo

The Legend
^Haven't been on Riddler? Thought that was the best stand-up.. it felt like Kumba, but in stand up mode.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
I think the only SLC I have been on is Mind Eraser at SFA. Which is/was one of the prototypes, so it was extremely rough and I hated it.

Novas

Mega Poster
Worst: Jubilee Odyssey. Sucks.

Whilst no SLC makes my top 10, there are some acceptable ones out there, Titánide at Terra Mitica was good tho it has been 3/4 years since I've been there, Kumali is good fun, and does Stunt Fall count as an SLC?

nadroJ

CF Legend
After this weekend I can say without a doubt that El Condor is the worst SLC I've ever been on, urgh.....

yinyang

Mega Poster
Jubilee Oddysey at Fantasy Island is my best and worst at the same time.
So high and great layout just so damn rickety even holding the restraints firm and tensing my body it still knocked my head about, great ride though :)