What's new

Best & Worst SLC you've been on?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
^It wern't that bad. OK, parts were rough and the helix is stupid and kills the ride, but it is not awful. The drop is fantastic.

Rush

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
^It wern't that bad. OK, parts were rough and the helix is stupid and kills the ride, but it is not awful. The drop is fantastic.

The drop was good, but the remaining 3/4 (yes the drop IS about 1/4 of the layout) of its short and unimaginative layout is awful. Really boring, rough, pretty forceless and terrible pacing. Very disappointing.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I've done 6 of 'em

1. Jubilee Odyssey

2. Blue Tornado
3. Kumali
4. El Condor

5. Infusion

6. Limit

JO is by far the best and apart from Limit and Infusion, they are all much of a muchness really. Infusion being slightly worse than 2, 3 and 4 and Limit just being awful.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
Blaze said:

The drop was good, but the remaining 3/4 (yes the drop IS about 1/4 of the layout) of its short and unimaginative layout is awful. Really boring, rough, pretty forceless and terrible pacing. Very disappointing.

Where did you sit?

I sat front row and back row and thought it was alright in terms of smoothness and the pacing was good until the helix.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I've only been on two; Kong at SFDK and T2 at SFKK. T2 was terrible, and Kong was bad and definitely one of my least favorite coasters, but it's still a lot better than T2.

Emmett

Giga Poster
My favourite so far is Jubilee Odyssey and the worst I've done is Kumali. I prefer the standard layout and I found Kumali very bland.

Jake

Strata Poster
1. Jubilee Odyssey

2. Traumatizer/Infusion
3: Kumali

4. Mind Eraser, Darien Lake
5. Mind Eraser, Six Flags New England

6. Mind Eraser, Six Flags America

7. Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland

8. El Condor, Walibi World

9: Kong, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Ben

CF Legend
1. Traumatizer/Infusion

2. Mind Eraser, Six Flags New England

3: Kumali, Flaminge
4. Mind Eraser, Darien Lake
5. MP-Express, Movie Park
6. Mind Eraser, Six Flags America

7. Limit, Heide Park

8. Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland

9: Kong, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

10. El Condor, Walibi World

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've only been on our 3 beasts...

1. JO - SO fast, and SO intense, you kinda forget about the roughness :) Also one of the best rides in the Country

2. Infusion - yeah its rough in parts when it really shouldn't be, but apart from that, I like the layout of these beasts, and I love the roar of it!

3. Kumali - Good drop, but thats about it, everything else was a bit 'meh'. No thought at all went into the layout on this model, which is topped of by the killer of all helixes. It was the smoothest of the 3 though.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
SLC's are supposed to be rough, yet the smoothest is the worst. Stop complaining people. You either toughen yourselves up or go on the disapointing ones.

nealbie

CF Legend
Kumali is piss poor to be fair. A child could have designed it!

Station, lift, drop, turn, huge straight line, loop, another huge straight line, cobra, another huge straight line, twist (potentially a zero-G, although I doubt it has that effect :lol: ), you got it another huge straight line, helix, brake run, turn, brake run, turn, station. Dire!

Ah, Dakota! That will cheer me up after thinking far too much about Kumali.

Ollie

CF Legend
I didn't find Kumali that bad. It was nice to have a change in layout. The drop and cobra roll were great fun. But I agree after that the pace died.
I didn't find it rough either.
2nd best coaster in Flammy imo. Although most people are bound to disagree.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I didn't find Kumali that bad. It was nice to have a change in layout. The drop and cobra roll were great fun. But I agree after that the pace died.
I didn't find it rough either.
2nd best coaster in Flammy imo. Although most people are bound to disagree.

But is has been drawn and designed by a child! Did you do it? ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
Ah! So originally you wanted it to be "Pampers: The Ride", but the sponsorship deal fell through? :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
Siam Park City's Vortex stoked me! It was in fact smooth as glass and it looked really nice. It was very surprising for an SLC.

Infusion on the other rode like it had skateboard trucks as wheels, kind of gave me the feeling of what a K'nex coaster would feel like.

Snoo

The Legend
Blaze said:
SLC's are supposed to be rough, yet the smoothest is the worst. Stop complaining people. You either toughen yourselves up or go on the disapointing ones.

Or maybe you could just shut up? Yeah.. do that.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
Best SLC is probably Thunder Hawk when it was at GL (still not to bad at Michigan's Adventure but better at Geauga Lake)

Worst is Darien Lake's

nealbie

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Blaze said:

Or maybe you could just shut up? Yeah.. do that.

Snoo <3!