What's new

Best & Worst SLC you've been on?

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes I know the general though of SLC's are that they're crap. But putting that though aside...

If you had to choose the best and worst SLC you've been on what would it be?

Mine favourite would be Infusion. Even though it's still not that good it I didn't get that much head banging on it and the water effects were a nice touch.

My worst would be MP Express at Movie Park Germany.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I've not been on many at all, but at this time I would say the best was Jubilee Odyssey and the worst was Kumali.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I've only ever been on Infusion,and don't mind admitting it wasn't all that bad.

Didn't seem all that rough,and quite enjoyable riding it at night.

No doubt there are better ones out there.

But as that's all I've been on,I can't add much more to this debate. :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say Fly the Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Pier is the best of the bunch so far, with Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure a close second.
Mind Eraser at SFNE is the worst (probably the clone at Darien Lake as well, but I refused to ride it after my experience on the one at SFNE).
I had the most fun on T2 at SFKK. Snoo Snoo laughed the whole way through thanks to the strange back & forward shuffling. If there had been any head banging, then T2 would have been the worst.
And Cobra at Tivoli Friheden gets my vote as the best SLC wannabe. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Having only been on two, this was easy for me.

Best: Kumali (though I doubt it will remain like that for too long)
Worst: Infush!t (likewise)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Infusion is the best of the two I've ridden. Kumali was the worst.

I enjoyed them both, but Kumali was not as good.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Well I only have Infusion to rate on. Its a fine ride. It wasn't really rough, just a little jerky in the inlines and whenever it attempted a corner, but thats it. The restraints are what kill it. Without being so restricted, the ride would be really fun...

Snoo

The Legend
I've been on:

T2 at SFKK
Great Nor'Easter at Moreys Piers
Mind Eraser at SFNE
Thunderhawk at GL and MiA

Nor'Easter is by far the best, while Mind Eraser is incredibly bad. As Jerry said, the most fun I had was actually on T2.. simple because of the shuffling.. it just made us laugh the whole way.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've been on five of them. In order:

1. Vortex at Siam Park City, Thailand. Really smooth, forceful, like the layout and looks really nice.

2. F2 Fright Flight at Nasu Highlands, Japan. Regular slc and pretty smooth.

3. Golden Wings in Snowfield, Happy Valley Beijing. Smooth, looks nice over the water/with mist. Boring layout.

4. Snow Mountain Flying Dragon, Happy Valley Shenzen. The original Kumali. Boring layout, and a bit rougher than the Beijing version. Not really rough though.

5. Limit at Heide Park, Germany. Bloody awful. The only one out of the 5 I've ridden that helps me understand the constant SLC bitching. Even the SLC ripoff at Beijing Shijingshan (which I'd probably put between the Happy Valley SLCs if I were including it) was smoother and more enjoyable,

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've been on 3 and I think Infusion was probably my favourite, followed by Limit @ Heide Park and Lethal Weapon @ Warner Bros which were about the same :D

marc

CF Legend
The best one I have been on was Julie Odyssey.

The worst one was the one at Movie Park Germany.

Surprisingly, I have only been on two. Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake, and Flight Deck at Wonderland (as well as the relocated Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure). Missed out on Darien's, but it doesn't sound like I missed out on too much.

1. Thunderhawk- Geauga Lake
2. Thunderhawk- Michigan's Adventure (got a bit rougher and Geauga's had a nicer setting)
3. Flight Deck

Surprisingly, I have only been on two. Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake, and Flight Deck at Wonderland (as well as the relocated Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure). Missed out on Darien's, but it doesn't sound like I missed out on too much.

1. Thunderhawk- Geauga Lake
2. Thunderhawk- Michigan's Adventure (got a bit rougher and Geauga's had a nicer setting)
3. Flight Deck

Rush

Giga Poster
I've been on two: Kumali and Infusion.

They were both pretty pants but I think I prefer Infusion just a bit more than Kumali.

Kumali is just awful.