What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I don't mind Ben 10. And the news of it has made my 6 year old want to visit the park, so frankly, job done, well done Drayton.

At least the theory that Drayton are only allowed to have/will only have 4 creds at once will FINALLY be put to rest! <3.

Kinda have the funny feeling that with a big new rolleroaster potentially due for 2012, the buffalo will close earlier than expected mid season, and will reinstate the theory albeit temporarily.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
It is openly rumoured as being replaced by a launched coaster over the lake; if correct, then if that was to be next year, hen logically they would have to make headway on the project midway through the season.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Ben 10? Urgh, too many television characters in one park for my liking. One land is enough thank you.

Least the Junior Boomerang is 'confirmed'. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this is going to be like. However, not looking forward to seeing how Ben 10 is going to get his arse all over it.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
My nephew's a Ben 10 nut. He's also called Ben - I suspect a visit to DMP is in order next year then!

You can see their thinking though - ThomasLand is a roaring success, so let's get another big kid franchise in.

It can't have been cheap to purchase the Ben 10 rights, so let's hope they'll take the theming seriously - aliens on a stick? :p

Plus I think the TV series is called "Ben 10 Ultimate Alien" - so it could be the brand, rather than the name of the coaster (RCDB has been wrong before).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Each seat has a different alien... As the season goes on and they rope them off, it becomes Ben 9, Ben 8, Ben 7...

A new name each week!!!

Chuff Nuggets!

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
I know some of the details were leaked last week, the park announced details of the new IP deal this morning. I guess the Ben 10 brand is nowhere near as well known (or timeless!) as Thomas but it's certainly a hot property.

No exact details regards stats and layout - mainly just confirmation of the theme.

Full press release

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^This.
It'd also be amazing if they got a Dexter's Lab ride, Cow And Chicken ride, and maybe even a Billy And Mandy ride. But I doubt they will, it'll probably just be all the new horrendous crap that CN has now.

For the record, I despise Ben 10.

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
I think Ben 10 is a very powerful IP to utilise at the moment - I just wonder how long it will remain this powerful for...?

I think Thomas is almost timeless - not sure about Ben 10's longevity though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If it gets people through the gate for a couple of seasons, then it's done its job really. I can't see the theming of this being anywhere near as extensive as Thomas Land anyway, so even if Ben 10 disappears in a year or two, it won't matter.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Ben 10, I suspect is a cartoon that will be spoken of in hushed revered tones years after it has disappeared, much in the same way many of us talk about chuff like the mysterious cities of gold or He-man. I can't get my head around how much my kids like 'Club Penguin', but they do - something kids like, is something that parents are willing to pay out on, generally regardless of quality.

Ben 10 is a decent choice of IP, and if they have managed to intertwine some more of the cartoon network into the park, then all power to their elbow - it will ultimately garner more 'bums on seats' than something like G-Farce could have ever hoped to...

Remember the biggest queues you see in Drayton are usually for the Tomas shop at the end of the day, and if it is a tenth of as successful, then they'll have a hit on there hands, more importantly, one they'll make money from, without having to shoehorn parking charges into the equation... :wink:

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
The kids will be all over it. All I ever see at my local schools are kids wearing Ben 10 rucksacks, carrying Ben 10 lunch boxes and wearing Ben 10 shirts.

So yeah, it seems to be very popular. I wish I knew why. Idiots.