What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

Now. I am not saying that this is going to be the exact same but..

There's another family boomerang coaster getting built at "FREIZEITPARK RUHPOLDING" (Germany). It's made by Gerstlauer. I have a feeling this is the same kind of layout that we're gonig to get here in the Uk at Drayton..

Click Here

Images are to the centre of the forum.

3j06pqlgkaam8vum2b1s00.jpg

The area is massive for the so called 'Cartoon Network Street'...

Good for Drayton...

Ben10_Station.jpg

Concept imagery...

Apparently we'll be getting a pre-show as well... Yay for them attempting to explain to people what the hell will be going on...

Does anyone know the opening date for this?

Looking at the progress I cannot see this being open for the live :(

That looks fab <3

I can see this opening around July time just cause that's Drayton's style. G-Force, Pandemonium, Maelstrom and a load of other **** opened in and around the start of the school holidays.

Ben 10/ Cartoon network street opening easter holiday
new stage area - march
hotel last weekend in july
new Thomas land ride for opening day i think

At least my theory about the pointless outdoor stage being spited were true... a good move I think.

That was always the worst area of the park. If only they'd replace the ferris wheel completely... are they really keeping it for longer? </3.

marc said:
Does anyone now the layout? as 180 meters of track is tiny :(

Could be longer, consider a standard Boomerang is only 285m. And G Force is only 385m, though they claim it to be 970m :lol:

180 meters does sound small, but then again a Vekoma Junior coaster is only 207 meters.

The Ben 10 boomerang will also be travelling through the track forwards and backwards so will technically cover more track, but yeah the layout itself is gunna have to be pretty limited!

^Well yeah, a 591ft coaster is small, sure, but Drayton have to start somewhere. ;)

Considering the majority of the 180 metres could well be taken up with 2 lift hills, then I'd say it is going to be very short.

I have to admit this artwork has pleased me. I'm really suprised they're getting all of this into that small area.

Live pre-show? Crappy 'Which kids want to pretend to be Ben 10 to kill the bad guy!?!?!' I reckon.

Still, I'm impressed.

Looks excellent for a junior coaster. Yeah, not high thrill, but I think it's great that Drayton aren't boring and dull witted. They don't just buy coasters off the shelf "that would do". Say what you like about the rest of the park, but they're brave and imaginative in that sense.