What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

^Weirder still was going back to Sentosa and finding that the old amusement and water parks had been bulldozed under without a trace! The dry park was crap, but it was a pretty cool water park.

And also weird: Is this the first instance of an amusement park being levelled and eventually replaced by another, completely unrelated amusement park?

And a quick comment on the video:

Looks good. Smooth, fluid motion, not too crazy for a family ride, not too boring for the rest of us. It hit the brake run with a decent bit of speed, too. It does look a bit slow in spots, but it's not broken in at all, and coasters always look slower from off-ride than they do when you're actually on them.

While I was looking at Screamscape I noticed that they have put up a new video of Human testing, it got some new views compared to the other, link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Iompp7gSc

But then when I was looking at the rwsentosa profile that had posted the video, OMG!!!!!

They had 2 more videos showing Human VS Cylon testing!!

Part one!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bynt4Z_bum0[/youtube]

Part two!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMazSCUgho[/youtube]

Looks like they have to work on the sync a bit, but it looks really AWESOME!!.

The Invert's ending is so a reverse Nemesis' middle bit wannabe.

I'm not that thrilled by this to be honest. The Invert looks full of boring turns and dead spots.

And the Sit-Down? Don't even go there.

I totally agree Ben!

I don't exactly see it as 'AMAZING' either, it looks pretty fun, but I mean, the best bit is the lift ffs?!

It looks weird as...

The launched lift should be pretty decent, but as many others are saying, the layouts currently are very underwhelming... Not much duelling atm but at least it's imaginative... Maybe even the theming will be awesome and help...

Tbh though DD in Orlando is not that great. 2 coasters with dead spots and straight bits of track.

They look better than what they are. But together they sort of work only at the front though.

I dunno. I like the invert. Considering it's testing and only recently finished, it's running pretty damned quickly and has a good pace to it.

You know whats quite sad. When I am watching it I can already feel the jolts and head bangs lol.

Tbh as I said before I think it will look better when your there, just like DD but even that is over rated.

Its still better than the new stuff we have been getting.

Yeah I can see the "vekomatimes" - they're not for everyone

Although I'd quite happily subject Blaze to them ;)

That is a let down. The invert doesn't look that bad but has too many slow and dull moments, and the bit towarss the end does have a striking similarity to Nemesis but in reverse.

The sit down looks awfull. The lift is by far the fastest part of it an it looks very boring.

Hopefully when they are finished things will be better, but for now things look bad, which is a shame because the layouts aren't that bad and they look very smooth. Right now it looks a waste of a launched
lift because they do not seem to be very fast or
forcefull at all. The finished product will probably be quite good, though, especially at night.

Well I think these look awesome. I love the invert the dive into the loop which goes around the lifts looks great, and also the zero-g afterwards. I know it is similar to Nemesis - but what is wrong with that?! I think the sit down side looks quite fun aswell, plus I can see where the duelling will work. Once they've ran more and get faster they will look better and the deadspots will be a lot more interesting in my opinion.

Yeah... the zero G looks *almost* as slow as Kumali's.

The sit down just looks... pointless? I can see it getting dissed, even by the GP, who will ride both expecting them both to be good!

Tbh they don't look at full speed. They look like they are just running it at its slowest possible speed, I guess to test its not going to valley or something. What makes me think this?, well the cars were full of dummies and still going slow.

Is it just B&M that use Nylons/Eurothane (sp?) wheels? Maybe Vekoma have a similar thing with there coasters for changing the speed. So in the end it may be a little quicker.

And it probally needs time to settle in aswell. Saying all that, a lot of Vekoma's look slow.