What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

A

Anonymous

^ After reading at Screamscape it clearly says that it will be launched, (note to self, actually read the news instead of just looking at the pictures... :) ) and at 40 mph even, no wonder why the radius of the crest is so big. Hopefully it will deliver quite a bit of air at the top :)

Shame that they didn't make a zero-g at the top on the inverted side, it would have been awesome to see a train inverting that up close :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I thought it might be about time to rename the topic!

A launch makes complete sense given the theme. Are there any other launched, duelling coasters or will this be the first?

andrus

Giga Poster
These coasters look amazing! :--D

I'm just a little bit confused over the the inverted one. Won't the 40 mph launch combined with the hill give immense g-forces in the first cobra roll?!? On the pictures it looks like the train will make it through the inversion only provided with the energy from the lift hill, then add the speed of a 40 mph launch! HUGE forces!!

Btw, does anyone know if there is going to be built any other vekoma coaster with the new track and trains elsewhere soon??

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I had no idea these were launched, nice suprise!

I think they look quite nice, even if it a tangle of supports. Obviously we'd all prefer these to be B&M, but you never know, this maybe Vekoma's comeback!

DropZone99

Mega Poster
Wow, I totally forgot about Universal Singapore. These coasters are looking awesome, I like the layout alot. I can't imagine being launch 40mph. up a lift, unless it's filled with trims I think this will be filled with awesome G's! I bet it'll be smooth, the wheels are outside the rails like B&M and Intamin does, unlike how Vekoma used to do.

A

Anonymous

^ SWEET, it looks like the sit-down side uses the vest-less version of the new restraint system. Those are awesome, based on my rides on Kvasten at Gröna Lund.

tks

Strata Poster
Erm. Can anyone swipe a couple of pictures of screamscape and host them somewhere else? For some reason I can't seem to get any of their images to load in any browser. :s

andrus

Giga Poster
Edit: pictures didn't work, you will have to use to link above instead.

Does anybody btw know when universal studios singapore will open? On screamscape I think I read in early 2010, but I'm not certain. If it's true, we will have a pov of the ride pretty soon! (so I can determine wheter I will travel to singapore or not :p)

costar

Mega Poster
Andrus, you have asked a multi million dollar question (Singapore dollars at least!). I've heard that the park is pushing for some kind of opening in the next few months. Sorry that sounds incredibly vague but, chances are, not even the bosses know for sure. As with all parks of this nature they will do a soft opening first so we'll know more soon. I'm not sure when you were thinking of travelling but you'll probably be in luck.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks fantastic! So many "firsts" as well. Jurassic Park Rapids? Excellent stuff.

Ben

CF Legend
If the Rapids are Jurassic Park River Adventure combined with Popeye's like they are in my head, I think I may die a very happy man.