What's new

Anyone think I305 > M Force?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
To my surprise, it seems quite the contrary.
Though plenty prefer Bizarro and maybe even Skyrush.

Does anyone prefer I305 to Millennium Force? Seems like a more intense, forceful ride to me.
To anyone who doesn't, why? Does it have anything to do with the trims on the airtime hill?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Haven't ridden MF but I305 just dies on the trims </3

Leviathan was better than I305 though by quite a long shot IMO.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
But the trims seem near the end, there's like 2 turns after it before the brakes.
Is it really that bad?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Indeed, just gathering opinions is all. Seems like such an epic ride, I cant imagine even the lame out killing it that badly.
Hopefully I'll find out for myself sometime this season

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Anyone think I305 > M Force?

Neither one is that special really. However, I'll honestly say that I found MF to be a much more fun, enjoyable coaster.

nadroJ

CF Legend
MF seems to be more enjoyable, although I haven't been on it yet so can't really say. I305 was possibly the most pointless and horrendous ride ever. It was too fast to be able to even think 'this is fun', my head was shaking about and half the time I couldn't see where I was going because I was greying out (which apparently is fun for some people?). If MF is anything like it then they can both go and die in a hole.

I hope I'm not the only one that likes to be fully conscious/seeing on a coaster in order to enjoy the thing?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
whilst I didn't grey out on i305, the trim certainly spoilt the ride for me - it comes in at a point on the ride where it doesn't seem necessary (I could understand if it was on the first drop or helix just to tame it a bit, but the rides just getting fun and "SCHLOOOORP" you're almost brought to a halt!

MF Was decent fun and had no trims to wreck it, but IMO both Bizarro and Skyrush are far better coasters

andrus

Giga Poster
Not been on MF, but omg I305 is such an epic ride!! <3 I've never experienced a coaster that fast before! The sensation of speed is multiple stronger then the one you get on eg Kingda Ka. I really really enjoyed the sheer speed, power and craziness that is I305! It's just slightly below my current number one; Skyrush.

tribar

Mega Poster
I've ridden MF and i don't dnow if i'd like I305 better. Those quick transititons could really kill the ride but somethings gotta be better than Forceless. As for the other two something tells me i'd think Leviathan is meh considering my love for Magnum i'd bet that i'd like SD2K

Yeah, Millennium Force is a lot better. Despite them both looking amazing, they're pretty mediocre rides, but Millennium Force is loads more enjoyable because it keeps the pacing pretty good throughout and doesn't shower you with so many positive G's. Granted, when it's running well I do grey out at the bottom of the first drop, but that's the only point of the coaster that I feel is particularly intense. I-305 has a good drop, but then you grey out, and then the ride dies, so it's a bit crap.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
MF seems to be more enjoyable, although I haven't been on it yet so can't really say. I305 was possibly the most pointless and horrendous ride ever. It was too fast to be able to even think 'this is fun', my head was shaking about and half the time I couldn't see where I was going because I was greying out (which apparently is fun for some people?). If MF is anything like it then they can both go and die in a hole.

I hope I'm not the only one that likes to be fully conscious/seeing on a coaster in order to enjoy the thing?

No M Force is in fact quite the opposite.
Its VERY smooth and drawn out...in fact you can say (and I've heard some do so) that it's too smooth and drawn out. Someone here called it "Millennium Forceless" :(
It's more about speed then all those wicked turns.

Wow, I'm surprised. I thought it's intensity would be great but sounds like quite a few people thought it was too much.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I prefer I305.

See, the problem with I305 is that it doesn't behave like a mega/giga. Millenium Force behaves like a crap one. So neither of them are good at what they do and I suppose thus neither of them deserve any critical acclaim.

I305 shouldn't be 305ft tall. That's it's problem. There's absolutely no need for that stupid lift and first drop, only to spend the rest of the ride fairly low to the ground. I can only assume they didn't have the money or space to do a giga coaster properly. Like everything at KD, there's no emphasis on making a quality ride, but an attempt to get people interested with something unusual.

But that said, MF doesn't do anything. It's forceless, with no sense of speed or intensity or drama. I305 at least has that, it it's second half, when it quits trying to be what it's not.

On top of that, I305 has the vile intensity issue which prevents you thinking "that was fun, lets do it again".

Neither of them are great, but I think I305 is at least interesting with some good bits. MF doesn't have anything going for it, at all. It's dull, it feels slow, the layout is uninspired... And it's at Cedar Point.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Well obviously I disagree about M Force (though hopefully this year I'll finally ride the 2 that seem to rival it in opinion) but damn, I'm pretty surprised.
I guess a coaster really can be too intense and 305 may have achieved that.

IDK I like the concept of 305...I thought it was suppose to be like a racecar with swift turns and speed. I like lay lowing twisty thing but that's just me.
Well I love intense rides but I guess to much can be too much...I'm semi seriously thinking about putting Kings Dominion on hold until next year now haha

Also I'm new here so I'm not sure what you have against Cedar Point. But that's for something else.
Edit: Oh I will agree about the uninspired layout...it is a bit weak. It's actually why I thought I305 was cooler since it was unique (as you said doesn't behave like a giga) but apparently it just crushes your skull in.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I found I305 to be re-ridable, I managed 15 rides on it, but i'm not sure why I bothered because it's really not a great ride. The twist's wern't as harsh as I thought they would be, but the first drop wasn't as impressive as I hoped (that could just be how I perceived it as it was the 10th park i'd been to within 2 weeks, OR it may be due to the lift hill being so fast that you don't spend much time actually dropping. The restraints were great for I305 because you need to be pinned to stop you from being thrown around, but they kill the airtime - you feel where it should be but you don't actually move.
It's intense but really not that fun.

I personally think MF is a much better ride. The layout doesn't do much for me, I think it has too many overbanks (same with EGF) but the first drop and the airtime hills are much more enjoyable than i305 and the tunnels break it up nicely. Other factors that add to the experience on MF are the lapbars and the setting next to the lake, then travelling into the centre of the park towards TTD.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hmmm well that's probably the best I've hear yet.
Must say I'm kind of surprised, and shame about the airtime.

Well thanks guys! Yeah sounds like MForce will hold my #1 until this August when Maverick and hopefully Bizarro are happening!

Snoo

The Legend
MF has a better drop.
305 has a better everything else.

I think if 305 had lapbars and made you feel like you do on MF.. it would be heads and shoulders above MF.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Joey said:
I305 shouldn't be 305ft tall. That's it's problem. There's absolutely no need for that stupid lift and first drop, only to spend the rest of the ride fairly low to the ground.

This.

The rest of that layout is designed for something with a 150ft-200ft drop (less than that even for the back half of the coaster), hence whatever reprofiling they've had to do and whatever trims they've had to add to it, on numerous occasions, since it's opened.

It's a mega-lite with a stupidly-tall, giga drop. Unfortunately, this renders it useless at doing a proper job as either one of those.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I really thought it was just a case of people not being able to handle it, but s**t seems pretty near universal the ride is too intense.
Just saw the TPR video of it and Rob said he grayed out a few times, and obviously he's no lightweight with rides.

I wanna ride it bad, but this is seriously making me happy I chose Cedar Point over Kings Dominion.
Especially since one of our group turned out to be a little less extreme than we thought and struggled with some Hershey rides, he'd prob die on I305.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just saw the TPR video of it and Rob said he grayed out a few times, and obviously he's no lightweight with rides.

True; he's certainly no lightweight.

It's not the intensity though; it's more than just that, and intensity isn't a problem for most people. It's just a poor, badly thought out coaster.