What's new

Anyone think I305 > M Force?

Error

Strata Poster
Re: Anyone think I305 > M Force?

I305, but by a slight notion.

MilF, minus the beautiful view and the drop, lacks in airtime but has a lot of speed. You get a hair of floater, but not much.

I305 is intense in forces, giving serious pull and tight turns. It has some pops of air, but I find it too intense.

I'll take Skyrush in a heartbeat any day of the week.

Sent while out and about

andrus

Giga Poster
Joey said:
Andrus, do you like all of I305? What specifically do you think of the drop?
Obviously I don't like the trim :lol: But apart from that I think it's a really solid and great ride :)

The drop is intense like Skyrush's, it's not like a taditional drop but more like a strong ejector airtime hill. I do enjoy both normal and Skyrush/I305 style drops though. What seperates this ride from others are the many turns, twists and directional changes, all taken at very high speed and close to the ground! :) Speed is probably the quality I appreciate most on a coaster, and I305 is so far the best coaster I've ridden to deliver a truly breathtaking high velocity ride! I hope that answeres your question?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^See, I found Skyrush's drop to be absolutely out of this world incredible and I305's to be completely forceless and boring =/

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Skyrush was just too bumpy and jerky for me and the restraints hurt my legs. I felt they ruined any potential airtime and the ride was really rough. I experienced good airtime on the first drop only for the airtight restraint to press down on my legs and somewhat ruin it. For Intamin, I expected it to be much smoother and have much more airtime. If so, it would move from #13 to top 3 on my list.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
andrus said:
And apparently there are a lot of other people who like their rides fast and instense since I305 is currently ranked #3 in th world.

The problem with that is that it's based on a votes from the 2010 season, the opening season for the ride.

I'd be happy to bet that it's a severe case of voting a new coaster perhaps too highly, simply because it's fresh. It happens a lot in those polls, and not many coasters stay up there for very long.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I preferred I305, although MilF wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. They're two different coasters completely in my opinion though:

I305 is all about intensity, and in the first section is does it really well. It died after the trims, which is a shame as the past few seasons it actually looked amazing, but the first half of the ride is enough for me to have ranked it in the later half of my top 10.

MilF falls just outside my top 10, probably in the top 13 or 14. I found it more of a 'fun' experience - one where I could just sit back and relax and enjoy. It's silky smooth, I did slightly grey out each time I rode, but intense? Certainly not.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Anyone think I305 > M Force?

I'm with Jordan in response to Andrus... To me it sounds like hes talking about some ride I've not been on.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Well, IDK haha
Tough to compare. MForce was smooth and fast, I305 was much more intense and forceful.
Guess it's just your personal preference, I like more intense rides but MForce is probably more outright "enjoyable" I still don't get the 305 hate. Guess I'm just more of a masochist! I loved how f***in forceful the ride was.

I was surprised at the airtime. Had 2 pretty strong ejector, and 2 floater, even on/after the trimmed hill.
Also 11 rides with grey out 7 times. Early one it was it didn't always happen and was mild. Later in the day happened consistently and was pretty significant on the last ride.

The trim hill was a let down the first ride, but I kinda just put it out of mind. Honestly, I can't imagine what it was like before they upped the bite, that flick at the end was still decently abrupt! Obviously it's kind of a let down, but can't say it killed the ride for me.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Also Andrus, you do know the trims no longer exist on the drop, right? ;)

It did seem to slow down at the crest though, maybe why the speed has fallen from 94 to 90 mph?
Back seat still gave some good airtime through the first drop.