What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Looking forward to the accurate reviews in a couple months when people stop bumming it.

Glad to see that there are some realistic opinions here on CF, though. People really need to learn to hide their “I got to ride it before you so I’m gonna say it’s AWESOME” bs. My twitter feed was cringe.

I won’t be riding it until May, but expect honesty when I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's my review: http://coasterforce.com/review-wicker-man-at-alton-towers/

Yes, it is rather gushing but that's because I was genuinely impressed with it. If you take it for what it is and don't keep comparing it to other stuff, it really is a good all-round, fun coaster. When I visit AT, I ensure to ride Nemesis and Oblivion. Wicker Man is now on that list.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
The app's saying the queue's currently 180 mins.. it's 10:25. I know it's probably exaggerated but still, bloody hell. Looks like I'll be postponing my possible visit this weekend to a week day.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Getting about 200pph at the moment. It's been down for a combined 45 minutes of the last hour. Stopping & starting every 5 minutes.

Matt N

CF Legend
Runs 3 trains then e-stops, what an absolute joke this is.
What do you mean? Does it send 3 trains round, then just stop for an extended period of time? Oh well, it's just a bit of new ride syndrome.

Out of interest, are they running all 3 trains on the circuit?

Temleh

Mega Poster
What do you mean? Does it send 3 trains round, then just stop for an extended period of time? Oh well, it's just a bit of new ride syndrome.

Out of interest, are they running all 3 trains on the circuit?

They manage to send 3 trains round and then it goes down for about 10 minutes. It’s just gone completely down with staff advising guests to leave the queue.