What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Whilst Wodan is a great experience I didn't feel much airtime on it, some moments where you felt lighter but nothing like the 2 big steel coasters at Europa. I can totally believe it has more airtime than Wodan.

Smithy

Strata Poster
There's not much of it though from memory. The experience was more about twists and turns and throwing you about a bit. To be honest the only bit of airtime I can recall is the little bunny hop over Atlantica.

More airtime than Wodan isn't exactly a great selling point as neither ride is focused around airtime ala Balder. Once again, I'll ride it myself and see because right now, it honestly could be anywhere between dreadfully boring and immensely fun.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
It looks a fairy slow, forceless coaster with a short and dull layout. However I've been quietly optimistic it could turn out to be a suprise airtime machine ... It's gonna make or break the coaster for me.

Although as others have said - the other 'GCI that fuses wood and fire TM' isnt exactly known for its airtime.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
And you're never going to see it looking like that when the park closes so early for most of the year.

It'll look cool when the park's open later for Halloween or whatever.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
14600ee763e9991712b12e6acb019b01.jpg

f2958d3858bb207fd2d86cca7ad8acb0.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Looks great, but as pointed out above - the issue with those effects are the fact that they're absolutely light dependant. Otherwise, it's just going to look like smoke blowing over the area (which will still be nice mind you).

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll put a quid on them dying by September this year. A coaster with effects that look amazing at night, failing to have said effects running during the parks only late openings. That sounds pretty Alton to me!

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
The effects look really great, as they should when this project cost more than Outlaw Run and Mystic Timbers, and almost as much as a 1.2km long Mack multi-launch. I almost wish Merlin's issues could be put down to lack of funds but their investment decisions are just horrendous.