What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

catsounds

Mega Poster
I really don't get the point of it being two sided

Maybe because they wanted fire to shoot out of it's mouth so to safely do that it'd have to be pointed upwards, then why not make something of the side that'd have to face the other way :p

Matt N

CF Legend
I meant about it having both a ram and human head
In Alton Towers' marketing, they used the word "fusing" in one of their challenges. Some people think that this might represent the fusing together of nature and humans. Not yet sure why it's a ram on the other side, but that's the furthest I've got so far. Alton will reveal all regarding the story on the 8th January.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The next week is going to go verrrrry slowly.

Is it safe to say that the theming structure over the flume station won't be happening?

Matt N

CF Legend
The next week is going to go verrrrry slowly.

Is it safe to say that the theming structure over the flume station won't be happening?
Agreed @ATI!

Also, the Flume station theming structure won't be happening as part of the queue has been built there. The coaster's sweeping banked turn also loops around the former Flume station's location.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
On the first photo Pear posted, you can see a hole in the head, which is presumably where the fire effect will be placed. Given the location and surroundings of that hole, I'd hazard a guess that it's more a flamethrower effect...

It looks alright, but it's not 'as alright' as I thought it'd be. Though I'm sure it'll still look alright when it's done and you see it from ground level.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Even though I'm sceptical of this whole project, I think that some low-quality overhead shots aren't anything to go by. See it from ground level with your own eyes and it'll look more impressive. Always tends to be the case. Those pictures are too flat, you don't really get the same feel from aspects such as the Wicker structure.

Also, to whoever mentioned the 'cheap' green texture. How can you tell from a 2 megapixel photo taken about 400ft away? Fair play if you don't like it, but you're not really seeing it properly to judge yet!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Also, to whoever mentioned the 'cheap' green texture. How can you tell from a 2 megapixel photo taken about 400ft away? Fair play if you don't like it, but you're not really seeing it properly to judge yet!
Hi there! That was me!

And I can tell because I have eyes.

I mean, look at the new buildings, they are ALL incredibly bland. The walls are all the same colour as the roof. There’s nothing architecturally stimulating about the station and surrounding buildings in the slightest. What are they even supposed to look like?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Hi there! That was me!

And I can tell because I have eyes.

I mean, look at the new buildings, they are ALL incredibly bland. The walls are all the same colour as the roof. There’s nothing architecturally stimulating about the station and surrounding buildings in the slightest. What are they even supposed to look like?

The colour, from what I can see, works well for the theme and also area (the way it will blend into the surroundings). I like that! I'm not saying the architecture is beautiful, but I can't say it looks cheap. Detail in that photo is minimal due to the distance and resolution, so I'll probably wait till I've seen the completed job in person or a closer/higher res photo. Still, can't be as cheap looking as Thirteen's.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I think the station, wicker thing and the coaster's structure all suit each other really well, the whole area just seems to look really nice, particularly in the first of those photos. In a year or so, once it's completely integrated and plants start growing back, it'll look even better.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm on Crazycoaster's side here. The buildings look terrible. There is literally no interesting features or details about them... No quirks or anything. Just one colour with a texture on it spread across very minimal sheds. I honestly don't see how else you could describe this?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
What does a green building have to do with the Wickerman? What does a plain green building have to do with a forest cult? It doesn’t make any sense. It looks like a distribution warehouse.

Dar

Hyper Poster
It looks to me like the mouth on the "man" side might open, so the flames could come from there? If it's all fire and ritual, the flames could fire from his mouth, representing the obvious agony of transformation?

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon this ride will be both a great coaster and a great experience! The Wicker Man looks great and some of the drops and hills look pretty promising! Would an RMC probably have been received better? Oh, sure. But this ride will be good in its own right, and I reckon it looks like a pretty decent GCI with a slight chance of being top 3 in the park behind Smiler and Nemesis.