What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

^ Why the hell does any of that matter, I have to ask?

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ It confirms the rumour that it'll be the world's first barf coloured coaster.

the king

Mega Poster

It appears some TV advertising has appeared.

yu4cgHq_zps0f8182f1.jpg

Image belongs to Joshysquashy on the TowersTimes forum. http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/secr ... eting/360/

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm not fully convinced until I see a video, or I see it in person tbh. Not saying it's fake, but it could be...

Lottie.

Mega Poster

Ethan said:
I'm not fully convinced until I see a video, or I see it in person tbh. Not saying it's fake, but it could be...

This. I'll believe it when I see it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
As much as seat belt and lapbar restraints would be awesome, capacity is greatly diminished, as the staff must check both. This is why Gwazi's operations are so painfully slow,especially with lame operators.

Not 'must'.

Different states, different park operators, different restraint checking requirements.

Also: Very nice to see this topic picking up some momentum. It took far too long to get to 200 pages. Needs to hit 400 at least.

Gazza

Giga Poster

When I hear the the name "Smiler" it reminds me of those "Screamer" videos you see on the internet, except instead of a demonic face flashing up on the screen and a scream sound effect at the end of the video, you get the smiler face and a madmans laugh.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Reminds me of clowns, for some unknown reason.
Why would the association between Clowns and "The Smiler" be unknown?

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

I don't buy that image, either. If AT had started advertising on TV already, then many other enthusiasts would have seen this commercial and there would be other screenshots circulating on the net.

Move along, nothing to see...again.

scw55

Hyper Poster

With the second speculation rumour of
inverted launch what are the physics around that?

How long can someone be hung upside down for and be comfortable? What velocity? Can you be launched up a hill inverted safely and comfortably? Is these are possible, then an Inverted Launch could be a game-changer in general even if it's nothing to do with SW7

RobJackson85

Roller Poster

scw55 said:
With the second speculation rumour of
inverted launch what are the physics around that?

How long can someone be hung upside down for and be comfortable? What velocity? Can you be launched up a hill inverted safely and comfortably? Is these are possible, then an Inverted Launch could be a game-changer in general even if it's nothing to do with SW7

Won't happen. It's probably plausible, but will alienate too many potential customers.

Ethan

Strata Poster

There wouldn't be an inverted launch. What's the point? It'll just make something fun into something painful.

Lofty

CF Legend

Absolutely no way will this have an inverted launch, that's a ridiculous rumour. What'd happen in a breakdown scenario.......

BBH

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
^ Ejector seats, that's what.
Ejector isn't good in this situation, folks, in case there was any confusion.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
Absolutely no way will this have an inverted launch, that's a ridiculous rumour. What'd happen in a breakdown scenario.......

I assume the same thing that would happen with Gforce at Drayton..

.. Not saying that it would happen though, an inverted launch would be vile. Plus this ride has no room for a launch

Kebab

Giga Poster

The whole 'spider' concept art, really reminds me of Nemesis' alien. I can see the track merely missing the legs of it, giving some fabulous near-miss moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.