What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Coastermaniac94 said:
You obviously don't understand, JW has been spotted inspecting the area probably looking for SW7's ride location since the area is a contender. He is a ride designer and why else would he be looking at a random car park.. :L

I do friggen understand.
Like I said, he is an employee of Merlin, so he could be out in the car park for any reason. What's to say he wasn't wandering around X-Sector the day before, but no theme park enthusiast saw him. Does that mean there could be a new ride in X-Sector we don't know about?
See the flaw in the logic?

You know, I was at Dreamworld one day, and saw Noel Dempsey, Bob Tan and the rest of the management team (I guess those names are meaningless to people on here, but they are the Dreamworld higher ups, and known by Australian enthusiasts) in a group one day gathered in the Ocean Parade section of the park. Then they all wandered off and went through a gate to a back of house area....
Does that mean we are getting a new ride in Ocean Parade? No! It just means they were "on park", as you would expect from theme park senior management.

marc

CF Legend
Coastermaniac94 said:
cant remember where I heard it but John Wardley was seen in the air car park looking around. This is similar to when Alton were planning 13 and John Wardley was spotted looking around UG land.

He was also spotted in the loo near Dual :) Sorry just a joke.

I still recon it will be the car park, it is just the easiest place to build a new ride. No trees to remove and they can just dig down like with Nemesis and Air.

The only problem with this is it could mean the end of the extra entrence people wanted to the park and the night time area.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The new entrance is/was planned between Nemesis and Gloomy Wood, so it wouldn't make that much of an impact on that development.

They also have a plan to make the park "flow" from park to hotel. This coaster could help with the link maybe? They're all on those plans I keep posting :lol:

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
It wouldn't surprise me if Alton were planning on doing away with/moving The Blade and Ripsaw to make room for a new coaster. That would free up a decent chunk of space.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^^^^^first of all gazza your taking my comment a little bit too seriously and secondly I clearly said he was PROBABLY looking for a location for a new ride. He could have been doing something else but why would he randomnly inspect a car park surely thats not his job douchebag :L

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Oi, watch it! Who's to say he hadn't come from the hotel? How about just standing still for a few moment to look at his creations from the car park? Yes, he could've been looking for a new location for a ride, but likewise he could've been doing plenty of other things.

He works at/for the park, what's to say he wasn't just 'on-site' that day as Gazza said. :roll:

mouse

Giga Poster
OfficialAltonTowers said:
nemesis567 said:
I think it'll be intamin
Please elaborate, can we have a little more "meat" than "i think it'll be intamin\]quote

Ok, I think the coaster manufacturer will be intamin because it is going to be a roller coaster and intamin make roller coasters. (aswell as B&M, vekoma, arrow etc.)
Happy?

Nic

Strata Poster
Eugh, what is it about the announcement of a new UK Merlin coaster that brings all the idiots crawling out of the woodwork?

To add to the discussion (kinda) isn't John Wardley just a consultant? As I understood it, he's not a permanent member of staff as such, just a contractor who comes in to work on a particular project, then goes away again until the next one. Otherwise, he wouldn't also be working on non-Merlin projects, as his website often says he is.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I was going to say something similar, yet slightly more offensive. Urgh.

And for god's sakes Nic, don't mention the word wood, they might all just go ahead and wet themselves.

Nic

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
I was going to say something similar, yet slightly more offensive. Urgh.
Yeah, I did re-write it a couple of times (although that's not what the edit was about - that was purely to add the 2nd paragraph)

nadroJ said:
And for god's sakes Nic, don't mention the word wood, they might all just go ahead and wet themselves.
Oh God! you're right! What have I done?!

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
would be wetting myself if I knew what was going on with this ride but I dont cause I heard something about AT denying SW7 but IDK....., HELP ME!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Sorry, it's not happening... It's been cancelled due to EVERYTHING!

:roll:

As of right now, NO-ONE outside of Towers KNOWS! It's too early for them to start pushing out the real promotion stuff and all it's doing now is resulting in really stupid posting...

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
nemesis567 said:
OfficialAltonTowers said:
nemesis567 said:
I think it'll be intamin
Please elaborate, can we have a little more "meat" than "i think it'll be intamin

Ok, I think the coaster manufacturer will be intamin because it is going to be a roller coaster and intamin make roller coasters. (aswell as B&M, vekoma, arrow etc.)
Happy?

No not really, that's just as good as saying that i think that its going to be blue, red or green,

you havent in any way tried to validate your point, which makes it as good as spamming...

if your going to post at least try to be relevent and clear, otherwise if you can't be bothered, there's no point in you posting anything, always try to make a valid argument or contribution to the topic at hand, and try you best not to keep one lined "silly" answers to an otherwise grown up topic...

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Sorry, it's not happening... It's been cancelled due to EVERYTHING!

:roll:

As of right now, NO-ONE outside of Towers KNOWS! It's too early for them to start pushing out the real promotion stuff and all it's doing now is resulting in really stupid posting...
^ I hope your not reffering to my stupid posting :L I know senitel did an article on it but heard Alton Towers denied this... we will see but tbh looking more forward to LC12 even before the plan of LC12 came out

Nic

Strata Poster
Please, just stop now. Otherwise I'm definitely going to have to stop calling it Amazingstoke.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
:lock:

Somebody PM a mod when there's anything concrete and official.

There really is absolutely no point to this utter tedium. Gash, or some other Ian like phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.