What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Strata Poster
Re: New "world's first" coaster at Alton Towers 2013

Sorry to resurrect this, but seemed better than starting a new topic, and I feel this is worth a mention...

Towers Times have posted the following image of a poster that has gone up at the park:

tzWTQ.jpg

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/news. ... m=facebook

So the flume is going to be replaced by a B&M then? ;)

Snoo

The Legend

Another secret weapon.. lord they need to think of better marketing schemes.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

It's probably another **** wingrider

As much as you would be right, Alton Tower's rides (mainly speaking of Nemesis, Oblivion & Air) were pretty new coaster types by the time they were created. I would lean more towards the wing-rider as well, only because John Wardley knows what doing when he's has B&M track between his hands. I wouldn't expect anything larger of size anyhow. Height limitations can only mean that whatever coaster this might be, will travel going underground. :--D

Lofty

CF Legend

I just think the flumes up for a re-theme. I love the flume, be sad to see it go, it's still one of Alton's more popular rides!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

World's first B&M Giga.... Oh, no... New B&M Invert!!!! No, that would also be silly...

At least I was right, I've been saying for years that the Flume site is the only real area for a new coaster to go. Woohoo!

Martyn B

CF Legend

I think its been obvious for years that it would have to go to make way for new developements. It sits on a substantial amount of land, which is just taken up by one large, average ride, which is like 30 years old, which also bares no relevance at all to the themed land it sits in. The bath tub theme certainly is orginial, and I loved it at first, but the novelty has worn off, and it has become shoddy.

Though I do think they'll need to add another water ride somewhere else in the park. What happened to the good old days when they added filler attractions in between the big coasters? Now we seem to get nothing in between average coasters.

STC

Mega Poster

Look, this is clearly aimed to enthusiasts due to the B&M reference, as a bit of a wink.

Therefore it's very likely that it's a red herring. If they're gonna tease enthusiasts, why would they blow their load this early? What would be the point? There's a possibility SW7 could be on the Flume site, but I don't think this is the smoking gun...

bob_3_

Giga Poster

only because John Wardley knows what doing

Candy Holland*

I like the whole idea of the flume being the last resistance against the pirates that took over merrie england, and that this "secret weapon" will finally topple them so "Black" can rule the area.

marc

CF Legend

For me this was always going to be the worlds first B&M Wing Walker that rotates.

Aaron

Hyper Poster

I think IF the flume is to be going (and I will be sad to see it go, I do enjoy it) then there will definitely be something watery to replace it, hopefully a decent Journey to Atlantis (orlando) type ride with a better coastery bit, I'm just a bit obsessed with dark rides lol

Ollie

CF Legend

They need to replace it with another EPIC log flume like Ripsaw Falls. Although they should theme it to something spooky and make it part of Gloomy Wood. [/daydreaming]

STC

Mega Poster
Re: New

bob_3_ said:
I like the whole idea of the flume being the last resistance against the pirates that took over merrie england, and that this "secret weapon" will finally topple them so "Black" can rule the area.
Could it simply mean that we'll be seeing a Flume pirates retheme at the same time as SW7, but that'll be somewhere else on park and unrelated?

addy2503 said:
What about a stand up wingrider?
No.

Martyn B

CF Legend

For me this was always going to be the worlds first B&M Wing Walker that rotates.

Doesn't exactly roll off the tounge that well though, ey?

Though I suppose they did do a similar thing with Air....

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I think the new element will be more like Thirteen's than Air or Oblivions. I don't think it will be a whole new ride type.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

If this is real, it's a pretty big pointer that the flume will be replaced by a B&M. Wingrider anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.