What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveagiga

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

michaellll said:
As off-topic as this is, loveagiga has a point.

I can't think of one coaster over here in the U.S. that has a theme as dark as some of the ones over at AT. We have good examples of well themed coasters from Disney/Universal/Busch, but they don't go the "scary" route. It's almost a shame.

That's what I mean...we'd never go the scary death like route. That's what makes me love AT...well one of many reasons.

I still find it odd if it truly isnt a Maurer Sohne but if its a gerstlauer, this is def to be the best one out there!

Mark

Strata Poster

Ok, so yeah, AT are one of few that have the balls to do the 'scary death route' but do they need to do it with every single new attraction?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Speaking of themes, has anyone uploaded what they think the theme music to the ride will be, even though it tends to be more ambient noices now-a-days.

the king

Mega Poster

I think the theme music will just be something like The Swarm and saw. Just some moments of some kind of fuzzing as if from electrics and also some people talking while things are being displayed on the spider's TV screen.

Smithy said:
Ok, we get it, you're not going to get hyped up about it, now can we get back to some pictures of mud please.

As you wish.

P1020538.jpg

Picture taken by stretchy on the towersstreet forum. More pictures in the link. http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/future ... sion/1110/

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I took a photo of some mud live from the park for you guys because I love you.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349617914387.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349617914387.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 30

Martyn B

CF Legend

They really have dug quite a big hole, haven't they?!

So going to have a funky indoor section <3

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

That sounds interesting. Gimmicky, yes? But if done right, could be very good! I love the glass floor idea too.

How plausible and realistic the rumour is I don't know.

the king

Mega Poster

I find it silly they posted that. They are just going to get people in trouble because of it, if it is true. And it spoils the point of the marketing. But anyway, I'll just wait until the ride opens and see it for myself.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Glass floor bit sounds incredible.

Rotating track with a train on it sounds unique, possibly fun, but a logisitcal nightmare.

Ben

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFRSawe33sA[/youtube]

The brainstorming session for every Alton ride ever.

I don't see this happening, but, eh. If true, I'm sure it's going to be just as good as the last time they broke the record for most amount of inversions...

Leads me to, why WOULD they break their own record? That's dumb.

marc

CF Legend

So lets get the right. The train will stop and then the track will flip a few times?

the king

Mega Poster

^From what I understand, yes it will do that. But at the same time it will be lowered down to the underground level, if it has to go under the shop floor. I think there is more to this than what it sounds like.

Ethan

Strata Poster

What if it breaks down while flipped around?

Status
Not open for further replies.