What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I'd personally prefer them not to use the car park past Air... Especially as that's their main overflow and would basically be next door to the Monorail and golf...

Towers are in a tough situation these days with the expansion... Would actually like to see a map showing the land it owns to help determine a good place to put anything...

How about Katanga/Gloomy as a possible idea? They could take out some of Duel's old queue and expand backwards perhaps?

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Even tho the air car park is owned by Towers/Merlin, I would have thought that to turn it into actual theme park grounds & build on it would require even more planning permission than usual. If it's a viable option then hey why not. Forbidden Valley would become massive.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Alternatively rip out Rita...

Don't replace it with anything, just remove it...

Sounds good to me. :lol:

Seriously, I hope towers pull something big outta the hat for this one, although I don't have a problem with Thirteen, I think they made a serious cock up with the way they went about it and managed to disappoint plenty of people in the process. Will they make the same mistake again? I hope not and I hope that it'll be a worthy new ride.

I hope they don't remove the Flume to put in this new ride!

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
marc said:
Rip out 13 and use the land lol
from what Im hearing Im not going to enjoy Th13teen next week when I ride it for the first time.. oh well maybe I will expect it to be crap and then foind it to be not so bad

tommylawrence

Roller Poster
I just want the ride to be intense and have a **** load of loops. A booster woodie with inversions would be awsome, but I prefer steel, and when it comes to thinking of new steel world first ideas my imagination can't go much further. I hope AT pull off somthing big, TP is starting to edge ahead...

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Rush said:
Coaster-Fiend said:
Rip out their best ride? Err no.

He said Nemesis, not Oblivion.

Y'know it's funny.

Oblivion was always my fav ride at Alton from 1998-2010. It was so awesome back in 98, it was like the evolution of the rollercoaster - taking it beyond Nemesis and concentrating all the thrills into one almighty drop.

Then last year I went on it for the gazillionth time.... and while it still rules and I still love it, it just does not kick my ass that much anymore. It no longer blows me away like it did for so many years. Finally after 12 years it feels one dimensional and the drop is not as thrilling as it once was for me.

Don't get me wrong I still rate it 10/10, it's still a landmark and classic coaster, but Nemesis? I swear that thing just gets better every time I ride it. There's so much to it- it's a great layout and it's also a multi sensory assault, it's not just one element like Oblivion.

The speed, the rocks, the views at the front, the direction changes, the theming. I mean, Nemesis is perfect. It's hard to imagine Alton ever creating a ride as deep and exhilarating as that again, but I hope they do.

Jools

Giga Poster
It took me only about 10 rides of Oblivion to make it not thrilling anymore, perhaps there was something up with last year, because on the drop I was like preparing myself, and then I dropped and it was like oh... not even a belly feeling? :?

tks

Strata Poster
Well if you were stupid enough to believe Merlin's hype about it being the scariest ride ever created then you deserve to be disappointed with it.

However if you're expecting a decent family ride with a neat little twist in it then you'll like it.

Honestly.. the intelligence on these boards plummets sometimes. :roll:

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
If you want a decent family coaster head to the Runaway Mine Train.
It's much better than thirteen and you don't have to wait an hour, in fact it's probably walk on.

Nic

Strata Poster
Coastermaniac94 said:
from what Im hearing Im not going to enjoy Th13teen next week when I ride it for the first time..
Sit in the back row first time, then re-ride in front row. You must sit at the back first though.

Coastermaniac94 said:
oh well maybe I will expect it to be crap and then foind it to be not so bad
That's probably not a bad strategy.

PS. I think you'd benefit from a look at this: http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... hp?t=29033

Mr. X

Roller Poster
That's my life philosophy actually: Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it's not that bad. After all, every time I've gotten my hopes up for anything, they are dismembered horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.