What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

You do realise it's all signs of fear to do what he did. That's actually one of the reactions designers of thrilling attractions want?

abc555

Roller Poster

I was at the park on Monday and have to agree with those who say the photos dont do this ride justice - Ive seen pretty much all of the pics and videos posted of the ride to date and was still taken back by the scale of it when I saw in the 'flesh'!

looks like a huge crazy mangled mess - but in a good way! It definitely wins the award for freaking your average punter out just by looking at it, even if the ride doesnt live up to the looks!

as an aside Im guessing they will be busy over the next day or so as there was still a lot of work being done on Monday - they even had a large hole dug in the walk way next to the enterance where i guess something had gone wrong as they had lifted the freshly paved area.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

Oh dear, it looks like the Smiler won't be opening as planned tomorrow. I'm hardly surprised, and I actually genuinely feel sorry for Alton Towers to have to break the news for a third time.

From the Alton Towers website:

Due to unforeseen teething problems, The Smiler will not be open on 23rd May

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

FaceYourNemesis said:
Oh dear, it looks like the Smiler won't be opening as planned tomorrow. I'm hardly surprised, and I actually genuinely feel sorry for Alton Towers to have to break the news for a third time.

From the Alton Towers website:

Due to unforeseen teething problems, The Smiler will not be open on 23rd May

This quote has now gone from the site, and the Towers twitter account only mentioned tomorrow being the opening day three hours ago.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

^nothing on their FB page either, although they haven't denied the rumours.

davidm

Strata Poster

http://www.altontowers.com/the-smiler-faqs/

Due to unforeseen teething problems, The Smiler will not be open on 23rd May.

FAQs

I have already booked tickets for 23rd May what should I do?

The Alton Towers Resort has over 50 amazing rides and attractions which are open for our visitors to enjoy. Guests who have booked tickets for 23rd May to specifically ride The Smiler can have them revalidated for another visit during the season. There is no need to contact us, simply turn up and your ticket will be accepted at the gate.

I am planning to visit this weekend, will The Smiler be open?

The Alton Towers Resort has over 50 amazing rides and attractions which are open for our visitors to enjoy If you are visiting this weekend specifically to ride The Smiler, keep an eye on this page and we will update it with the latest information on a regular basis.

I have booked a hotel stay for next week, what should I do?

Whilst the Resort does have over 50 rides and attractions, if you are visiting to ride The Smiler, we will be happy to change the date of your stay, free of charge. Please call us on 0871 2221100 and one of our team will arrange this for you.

:(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The information also points to it not opening on the weekend either. FFS, this is why you go with B&M :p

Ethan

Strata Poster

Hahahaha this is just hilarious. Sorry.

Brookes

Giga Poster

How long until they start saying opening Spring/Summer for their new rides...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I maybe wouldn't be laughing if I'd had planned a trip there and everything, but this is just **** priceless.

They're going to get a lot of crap for this, and rightly so.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

A friend who works In X Sector has just told me that the problems pretty serious and it will not be open in the following week...

Take it with a pinch of salt ,but he's working today and on Oblivion and he hasn't told me wrong so far.

spicy

Giga Poster

furie said:
The information also points to it not opening on the weekend either. FFS, this is why you go with B&M :p

Haha, exactly! This definitely reminds me of Saw.

I was planning to go next Thursday, I wonder if it will even be ready by then.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Noone can be more empathetic to a ride not opening on time than a Cedar Point fan. :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

944346_10200691004771186_1254910891_n.jpg

The Saddener ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nemesis Inferno said:
Least I'm only been spited by a Gerst Spinner and Vekoma Junior Invert :lol:

I think that's actually the most galling thing.

We know the ride will be **** , but we've been done out of a prime opportunity to bitch and moan about how dreadful it is!

Absolute OUTRAGE!!! ;)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ian said:
I'm pretty sure Alton Towers will be doing everything they possibly can to have The Smilier running as efficiently as possible on opening day and through the opening weekend
[edit]
Relax, everything will be fine.

Can I sue Ian?! ;D

Also, when do I get to pee on a biscuit...?

Status
Not open for further replies.