What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

This coaster just have so many tight turns and inversions, I am a bit concerned at how smooth it'll turn out to be..

Lofty

CF Legend

I really don't think the fact it has tight inversions and curves has anything to do with smoothness. I think the big problem we'll see to do with comfort is the restraint type of the car.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Neat, I'm looking forward to this a bit more now.

I guess it would have been nice to have some airtime going down them drops, but I like these kind of inversions.

I just pray, PRAY, that this kind ride like Anubis, and not Saw.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Going by the "game" Alton have created, after the cobra roll, there will be a barrell roll and a corkscrew, before turning round into the break run. Insane!

Including 2 inversion drops, the total looks like it could be 14.

marc

CF Legend

Remember what I was saying about 20 pages back, an inversion for each rider does not seem so far off now.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Um. How is that a game? I guess I'm not seeing how you interface with what's happening on screen, in what looks like a POV render...

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

rollermonkey said:
Um. How is that a game? I guess I'm not seeing how you interface with what's happening on screen, in what looks like a POV render...

You will find out when its released...:--D

Looks like I was right about the inverting drops then - This ride is looking a whole lot better! Lets just pray for lapbar restraints and not OTSR.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

Mushroom said:
Maybe they will do what they did with Saw and have a secret inside the building making a total of 14 inversions. That will put a few bums into the coaster seats (and maybe a few turds in their pants)

From 5th Jan last year ;)

posting from somewhere in the world...

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^^If those Towers2go pics really are official, then yes, we will have lapbars! :--D

Smithy

Strata Poster

Still really can't see lap-bars but will gladly be shown to be wrong.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Mushroom said:
Mushroom said:
Maybe they will do what they did with Saw and have a secret inside the building making a total of 14 inversions. That will put a few bums into the coaster seats (and maybe a few turds in their pants)

From 5th Jan last year ;)

posting from somewhere in the world...

Yep, you told us so :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

feb5.jpg

feb8.jpg

feb9.jpg

Appears the 'inverted drop' may be true...
Also looks like a barrel roll goes under the shop.

Source: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/the-smil ... ou-210213/

marc

CF Legend

Tbh everything on paper should make this one of the best coaster in the UK. The speed the inversion types etc it just does everything.

It's really going to come down to how the trains handle. If its like Saw etc then it won't be nice. Not saying it has to be glass smooth, it just needs not to hurt :)

spicy

Giga Poster

Soon as I read about the rumoured inverted drop I immediately dismissed it as bull as it wasn't on the plans. Yet there it is. What else could appear that's not on the plans?

This actually looks insane, just a complete bombardment of inversions.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

John Wardley also did an interview saying it will be better than Nemesis. I don't think that is possible for me, but we shall see!

Smithy

Strata Poster

It won't be, fancy the trains will make it quite rough. Should be a ridiculously compact ride though, whoever designed the lay out of this was a genius to be frank.

Also, the barrell roll under the shop is what's been blanked out on previous updates then. Whoopsy, cats out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.