What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

I still doubt it having a launch, not in the way some people are meaning anyway. I doubt it having a rolling launch of any kind, it'll have an uphill launch if anything, that's VERY possible.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Rollercoasters4Life said:
elephant58 said:
I still doubt that the 'inverting drop' will happen, as it wasn't on the plans and judging by your reasoning (the banking on the drop in the game), the 'inversion' would be too tight for a 4x4 train.

The track work can change to what is on the plans. Whether it will, remains to be seen. The inverting drop would happen whilst you go down the first drop so basically a barrel roll but it goes down at an angle - can't see why it would be to tight?

I'm aware trackwork can change, which is why I pointed out 2 reasons. The drop is only 30 m, not huge. On the game, it appears you can see the entire drop, with it straightening at the top. That's how it's too tight. I may be wrong, but a rolling drop seems unlikely.

And an LSM up the lift hill would be cool.

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

Going back to the recent theory of a inverting drop and with Towers2Go's latest images I thought I would have a quick play with No Limits...

Towers2GoSupports_zps2c14b174.jpg

This is the image that was taken by Towers2Go

Heres another angle:
InvertedSupport_zps76dd9643.jpg

Look on the left of the above photo - it clearly shows an inverting support so I went onto No Limits to recreate it and show an inverted drop. As you can see I've marked the support that looks like the one in Towers2Go latest image:

InvertedDropSupport_zpscfd202a6.jpg

Food for thought...and here is two more images just showing off the inverted drop:

InvertedDrop1_zps3a3b662f.jpg

InvertedDrop2_zps1e32d9bb.jpg

:D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I think you can see the odd support on the original plans:
It seems to be off the second lift, but yes, looks like it might invert slightly after the second lift.

It's difficult to tell, because you can't really get a good idea of which supports they are in the photos.

Rollercoasters4Life

Roller Poster

furie said:
I think you can see the odd support on the original plans:
It seems to be off the second lift, but yes, looks like it might invert slightly after the second lift.

It's difficult to tell, because you can't really get a good idea of which supports they are in the photos.

I was under the impression that the photo is showing off the left side of the supports meaning where the first lift hill drops down turns right then into the inverting drop - not the drop after the second lift hill. Could you have a look to see if you can see the odd support in the plans (I couldn't) - would be grateful. :--D

EDIT: Updated original post and this is the image which shows the side better:

InvertedSupport_zps76dd9643.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Here's the same area in the plans showing both hills:
sw7%20plans005.jpg

I think that makes it easier to compare the image you've posted and the proposed layout. Your "inversion" support would be on the far left of those plans I think - the hill kind of peeping through the trees.

I did hear that the ride was meant to have 13 inversions, so it's always possible there is another one here, and either one hidden like Saw in the secret area - or a multiple roll taking the inversion count up.

Seeing the drop between the station height and the lift hill, would it be possible for the track to spin tumble drier style as it drops vertically down?

Lofty

CF Legend

I REALLY just think if anything, it's an overbank leading to the drop, not an inverting drop.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Does this mean there is a high chance that the layout will resemble the essence of an Amateur Roller Coaster Tycoon player's layout (but of course made to look aesthetically pleasing).

I mean, shoving as many inversions as physically possible?

Swat

Hyper Poster

Hopefully if it is the inversion record there will be no reason for silly gimmicks such as the washing machine element.

Really looking forward till May now!

Martyn B

CF Legend

LOL, they're going to be covering up these 'changes' to the layout in the their next update!

marc

CF Legend

Tbh the way they have been covering the pictures up there has been zero point in posting them.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster

rollermonkey said:
Storm Runner - Flying Snake Dive / Kumba - downhill zero-G roll
?
I think a better example would be Incredible Hulk, Universal Studios Orlando which has a Zero-G Roll which leads into the first drop.

And we all know this will how the updates will now look: :--D :lol:
Latest aerial update from MI7 today is up!
fpNZ3se.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.