What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveagiga

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

I've been sayin Maurer Sohne all along!! Thats just what the track work appeared to be to me, esp with that vertical lift structure, looked so much like HRRR! But the track work reminded me of Formule X...

Danzibarr

Mega Poster

I remember suggesting that X Train as my bet back in January, so it's exciting to see rumours coming back towards them, they look sweeeet!

Image in my head now is dual loading in the station with the trains right up close to each other to fool uneducated people into thinking its one long train.. both dispatch at the same time and then 'split' so the first train goes round one loop of track outside whilst the second goes round the other. Back into the building and switcharoo. This would mean that which order your train goes through the ride could vary, and fits with the 32 people per ride that was quoted in one of the press releases.

Yes it's unlikely and would require a lot of switch tracks and such but but imagine! As Mr Wardley once said "th-th-th-this can be done!"

EDIT: Just looked at the track plans again...maybe not then! :(

Gazza

Giga Poster

Crazycoaster said:
Surely we knew it wasn't a Eurofighter in the first place because of the lack of a vertical/past vertical drop? Is that not what defines a eurofighter??
Mystery mine has two vertical lifts, but only one of the drops is beyond vertical, who says it has to have a beyond vertical drop to be Eurofighter...What defines a Eurofighter to me is just the ride system....Single cars and fairly compact elements.

Lofty

CF Legend

nadroJ said:
^If it was Premier I think I'd wet myself.
I've only rode Revenge of the Mummy, but after that, I'd have to say I can't agree more with you!

Gazza

Giga Poster

^Did you like ROTM because of the track and wheels underneath you, or because of the theming?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Actually, the Gerstlauer website states that the beyond vertical drop is the defining feature :lol:

However, it also says that anything is possible.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Gazza said:
^Did you like ROTM because of the track and wheels underneath you, or because of the theming?
I don't know why people always say ROTM is a crap ride with good theming. I actually think it's pretty 50/50.

The queue and pre-show themed areas and the special effects are superb, but the cardboard cut out style bits are terrible. The coaster is actually pretty damn good, but because of the dark-ride nature of it people tend to remember it as less than it was. It's intense, got a great sensation of speed, airtime... It's a damn good ride.

I love that company. I love Flight of Fear, it's such a fun little ride.

Mark

Strata Poster

^ I love ROTM too actually. Brilliant coaster elements IMO and so I too would be rather jubilant if this ended up as Premier. However unlikely it is I can hope.

marc

CF Legend

There are also some track pictures Tower Times have posted, it must be a new type of track if it Gler as well as it does not look like their normal track.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

This one?
545330_10151301256453185_2058118402_n.jpg

I think that's building steel

the king

Mega Poster

Me either. I don't think track would be placed on site at this time and the state it is at now.

Montario

Roller Poster

I doubt it will not be a Eurofighter. I have been fed with enough evidence for me not to think otherwise. (noise report, layout ect.)

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Like... How many more double negatives could you fit in that sentence :) Oh yeah, and I'm actually pretty excited about this now.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Does anyone else think it's odd that there's no track about yet? Especially for a coaster so long.

It's like they are intentionally holding off until the end of the season.

I hope they are. That would actually be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.