What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

^The council site has a bunch of revised documents that show detailed theming - I've no idea how long they've been available, I only saw them today.

I don't want to start the "it's not the real track" discussion *again*. Just my humble guesswork.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but had anybody considered that these trains may be a staggered/wing formation like Skyrush for example. I only say it because it occurs to me that a lot of the recent 4-across trains have gone for this formation instead of the traditional side-by-side, it could be seen as taking a step backwards if this new coaster used a side-by-side formation. And, for some reason, that brings Maurer Sohne to mind, they seem more developed in terms of weirder more innovative trains.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Or maybe they will be 8 across, like Obliv-Nah. I'll just stop right there.

I'm loving how for once, since literally Oblivion, we've not got a clue what the hell it is.

Wouldnt it be fab if track turns up, and we still don't have a CLUE.

So excite.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

nadroJ

CF Legend

Haha it's going to be a bloody Eurofighter with 2 normal Eurofighter trains bolted together and we're all going to moan :p

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Lancebloke said:
How does the ride length compare with the time it takes to get round the track and the apparent speed mentioned? Is there anything else comparable to give us an idea of how long the train might be in the secret section?
Because I have nothing better to do on a Thursday afternoon (not that it'll mean sod all because we have no idea what/how long the secret bit is)

gerst.jpg

marc

CF Legend

What actually concerns me is the ride time. If its going to come to a complete stop and rotate 4 times then the actual moving time is about the same time as Saw, maybe less.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Hopefully it'll only spin once or twice...

Woah you're right, the theming does look good! The building looks pretty sinister...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Um, anyone remember that picture from waaaaay back in this topic, of that 'special' MS train....?

x-train_small.jpg

;)

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

someone send me a link to these revised plans ? ... on another note I think that the possible worlds first element is interesting but it seems a bit strange in terms of the whole experience . I can imagine people in the car before the lift hill and slowly rotating upside down on the track and then ascending and people being like wtf ... its something which has already been done before , and before you troll me I know it hasn't been done on a coaster before but there's a thing called a flat ride. Incorporating a flat ride element on a coaster is a bit dull IMO .

[PM with link to plans sent ~ Ian]

nadroJ

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
Um, anyone remember that picture from waaaaay back in this topic, of that 'special' MS train....?

x-train_small.jpg

;)

YES! I knew my suspicions were based on something, I could bloody SEE that train in my mind but couldn't remember if it was real or it I was making it up haha! But yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to explain.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

And MS have experience with trick track...

But, MS also have experience pissing both Alton and Chessington off.

I dunno. I'm in two minds about Maurer. And I can't help think back to the weird MS guy at EAS '11 who, when I expressed my enthusiasm for Winjas, sort of went "meh, we probably won't do anything like that again". I was like... But, wha, huh? Not only is it the most impressive thing they've done creatively, it had a world of potential and trick track is a growing trend. And why put it in your brochure if you're so unenthused about it? I can only assume there's something about Winjas we don't know, some temperamental technical problem, or perhaps they are just massively out of touch with industry trends. :p And remember that rumour that Spinball was supposed to have a drop track? And then Thirteen happened...

nadroJ

CF Legend

^Ahahaha XD

I think we're on to something with those trains though, definitely. At least, I hope. Hehe, can't wait for track to arrive!

Ethan

Strata Poster

I do kinda hope it IS Maurer. With those fab trains <3

Gazza

Giga Poster

Slayed said:
So the train configuration fits Gerstlauer but not Maurer Söhne, while the track rendering on the plans fits Maurer Söhne but not Gerstlauer!
The track on the rendering was Schwartzkopf.

By the way, the only other cars/trains I can think of with 4 rows of 4 are the Mack SuperSplash boats. Now, I'm not for a second suggesting that's what they'll be like, just wondered if it was a configuration we'd seen before. Can anyone else think of any other examples using 4x4?

The Revenge of the Mummy coasters.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Premier or MS both sit well with me. I've been on some decent examples of both.
Good find with the 4 row MS trains. Fingers crossed...

Smithy

Strata Poster

Somewhere, somebody behind a computer at Merlin, stroking a cat, is sat sifting through the various SW7 forums and guffawing at the speculation and the routes its taking

marc

CF Legend

We are just going over everything that was said about page 5.

Those of us that said it might not be Gler were called stupid by some people.

We probably still won't know even when the track arrives unless we see the boxes it arrives in.

Status
Not open for further replies.