What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Swat

Hyper Poster
Its really going to depend on what else they do in the area, this track on what was the old site would look out of place, if they incorporate that effect over the rockwork and surrounding area it could look very good. The effort they are putting in to the marketing is also great!

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I can understand how some might not like it to be fair.

I honestly think it's just refreshing to see Towers putting some effort into their track design other than just leaving it plain and black.

Depending on how well they fresh up the Nemesis area, it could certainly fit in very well!

supersion

Mega Poster
Fun video and nice to see the effort going in, however my initial reaction to seeing the track is... that I don't like it.
It does look a bit tacky, and I do wonder whether that kind of illustration would've been better going up the supports, rather than onto the track itself. (Not to say that the supports won't have something done too, we're yet to see)

But yes my current opinion is that it looks pretty naff, but I hope that I'm proven wrong once it's all gone up.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Couldn’t give a s#!t what it looks like as long as it rides like Nemesis.

I don’t hate it, but it is a terrible decision to paint it like that with their track (no pun intended) record of looking after paint jobs on their coasters. Regardless of your view on what it will look like new, I’m sure we can all agree it’s going to look terrible in 5 years!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Eeesh. Remember when everyone used to wear shirts like that back in the 90’s?
IMG_1014.jpeg

It’ll be interesting to see the final look, however from the first glances it looks to be a bit too cartoonish to be convincingly decent looking, and I don’t think Merlin have the theming skills to pull it off.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Eeesh. Remember when everyone used to wear shirts like that back in the 90’s?
View attachment 24450

It’ll be interesting to see the final look, however from the first glances it looks to be a bit too cartoonish to be convincingly decent looking, and I don’t think Merlin have the theming skills to pull it off.

I had a version of that shirt in my teens. Upon seeing me, my dad’s friend asked me whether I was going out drag racing 🙈

New track looks a bit ‘organic / icky’, hard to visualise what the whole ride will look like in that style!

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
If the track is far away (as the video is very close up) it may well be a cool effect, so I shall wait until I see it up and in person before I renounce it.

However, I am worried that it will look naff in years to come when it gets worn away. I'm sure they've thought long and hard about it before putting 'decals' on the track.

Maybe the Phanalax or whatever they're called has a special non-come-off paint.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Bold.

If this was for a brand new ride I'd be thinking differently as I like the idea. But Its hard to think clearly while my memory's are scorned and yelling at me.

Bowser

Mega Poster
I think it looks great so far. I wonder if it's going to cover the entire track or just certain sections? Will be more effective if it's the latter imo but think it will be impressive either way.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I definitely think my major issue with it is the black track. I think a lighter off-white (or “bone” colour) or grey would make it look nicer. Similar to the original track. Not only would it make the red vine things look more realistic/organic, the white bone colour would fit with the station. Unless they’re covering up the white “bone” look of the station with black too. But that would look horrible.

Foxstar1387

Roller Poster
Untill seeing it all with whatever new theming and enviro not going to pass full judgment on it. Looks good in an eye catching way but still not sure.

Definitely getting the "reborn" or evolving into something more than just an angry beast pinned to the earth by the track vibe now.

Matt N

CF Legend
It’s hard to fairly judge something like the track when it’s not up and integrated with whatever new theming Merlin plans on installing.

However, based on what we’ve seen in the video, I have to say that perhaps controversially, I’m not a fan of how the track looks with the veins. I actually think that plain black could have looked more appealing, or perhaps something more akin to the colour scheme the ride originally had. I appreciate the effort, but something about the painted on veins doesn’t really appeal to me, personally.

Nonetheless, it is hard to fully judge based purely on a 1 minute video, and I confess that it’s not something I should properly judge until the track is up and the new theming is installed. And besides, the track colour is a relatively unimportant detail of the overall ride experience.