What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Penguin Trek | B&M Family Launch Coaster | 2024

Honestly looks tame even by family coaster standards, but I guess Ice Breaker's random unprecedented intensity must've scared them off so they decided to play safe. Fair enough.

Otherwise, looks forgettable at best. If you have a compact layout like this and don't bother theming it, then genuinely what's the point? If you're going slow then that's the perfect opportunity to take in at least SOMETHING during the outdoor section, no? SEAS continues to disappoint me more and more with coaster after coaster having zero effort put into them.

I haven't seen the indoor bit, judging entirely on the outdoor bit. It really feels like parks aren't even trying with theming anymore outside of the stations. What a waste of potential

Honestly, looks like a decent family coaster!
I get that there's not much in terms of amazing elements or anything, but this is definitely the perfect coaster for the younger ones wanting to go the next step up (especially with the 2 launches).

As expected with SeaWorld, the theming is "meh". I personally think the station/indoor section looks great (especially by SeaWorld's standards) but the outdoor section does leave a lot to be desired. I think they could have least put some sort of penguin statues around and more rockwork possibly?

With all that said however, I'd say this looks to be another solid addition to SeaWorld Orlando!

Looks a lot better in that POV. Still quite tame but fun for families and kids wanting to try a coaster that's a little bigger and more thrilling. The indoor section is nice but feels like it should be doing more. Even then addition of some fog or a snow machine would help massively.

Interestingly enough, I just saw an ad on Instagram that referred to Penguin Trek as “SeaWorld Orlando’s first family coaster.” So apparently Ice Breaker isn’t considered a family coaster anymore? I thought in their initial marketing, they made it out to be one. This ad was literally posted by the official SeaWorld account, by the way. Strange.

Interestingly enough, I just saw an ad on Instagram that referred to Penguin Trek as “SeaWorld Orlando’s first family coaster.” So apparently Ice Breaker isn’t considered a family coaster anymore? I thought in their initial marketing, they made it out to be one. This ad was literally posted by the official SeaWorld account, by the way. Strange.
From what I remember It was. Then they were forced to increase the height restrictions beyond their initial plans and now it isn't.

Plus, there's nothing family about Ice Breaker. If it wasn't for 💩 trains and 💩 lapbars, it would honestly be legitimately good. Penguin is the family ride they thought IB was gonna be
Yeah, I would have liked it if not for those horrible lap bars. I had bruises all along my stomach for days. The trains didn’t really bother me since I’m rather small, but my dad really hated the trains. The actual layout is good though.

Plus, there's nothing family about Ice Breaker. If it wasn't for 💩 trains and 💩 lapbars, it would honestly be legitimately good. Penguin is the family ride they thought IB was gonna be
Who at SW could have predicted that a vertical spike, a top hat and several abrupt ejector would NOT make the perfect family coaster...

Penguin Trek looks quite fun and will prove a hit with kids for sure.

I'd be annoyed with an addition like this pre-child, but I am so happy to see parks making coasters that are more thrilling for little kids, with a smaller height requirement. It's certainly helping get my son hyped up in his coaster enthusiasm, and it eliminates that big lull period between 42" and 48" where back in the day you either had the choice of riding baby rides or nothing if you were between those heights. I think it looks really fun, and I am very excited to get back to SeaWorld to see it as an actual amusement park rather than an animal park with a few coasters thrown in.