What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Anyone been on DC Rivals or the Turkish one then? Always thought the hype around DC was the backwards seats.

Delighted with this tbh. Well done Thorpe for showing some ambition and focussing on building a coaster thats actually quite good.

Relieved/surprised it's not a B&M Dive Machine.

Leon

Roller Poster
Anyone been on DC Rivals or the Turkish one then? Always thought the hype around DC was the backwards seats.

Delighted with this tbh. Well done Thorpe for showing some ambition and focussing on building a coaster thats actually quite good.

Yes i have been on the hyper at the land of legends in turkey it an awesome ride (my number 2 coaster just behind shammy b) and i can safely say i am more than happy with this announcement and surprised too !! well done thorpe park lets just pray this gets through planning.
Who else thinks merlin will go for the worlds highest inversion here as we all no they love there gimmicks and records?

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Well after thinking about it I'm going to switch teams: I'm in the Mack Hyper gang now, goodbye B&M Hyper gang. Mack's latest creations are truly world-class and extremely consistently incredible.

Under the new layout designer we've seen Hurricane Roller Coaster, DC Rivals, and Ride to Happiness. I really, really hope it's a Mack because with them and their current layout designer we can see something truly special hit the UK coaster scene.

Lap bars, check. Airtime, check. No inversions... well I hope they're non-inverting elements, I'd love to experience a non-inverting loop.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Donidia

Roller Poster

I've done DC rivals, in Aussie summer, end of the day, and it was insane. The bunny hops at the end were honestly getting on painful, that's how much the thing was flying. Pretty insane and intense coaster if I'm being honest. SO to say Thorpe may be possibly getting one, 30+feet bigger pretty excited!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Incoming petition to re-evaluate the sea level at Blackpool, I guess ... perhaps it actually is two feet lower than previously assumed?
In actuality, rising sea levels probably means the coaster is actually only around 230ft tall these days compared to 30 years ago. 😂

On another note, am I right in thinking Thorpe will be only the second park in Europe to have two hypers, after Energylandia?