What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The Exodus naming has been in the park all year, on the spray painted wall by DBs Ghost Train and on the claw games at the nearby arcade.

I know this is all just concept but its intresting that the turnaround out of the station is outward banked like Untamed.

Given the fact that the X:\ odus poster was across from 22 in Trailers and the clear TP RMC 22 in the maze, I cant rule out an RMC just yet.
We can't rule out any manufacturer just yet, given that the official line is a manufacturer hasn't been chosen.

But since noise comparisons are usually done on similar models (AFAIK) and the noise comparison was done on a coaster in Turkey... The most likely manufacturer is Mack... Because the only 200ft+ coaster in Turkey is a Mack...

Whilst nothing is certain yet... I'm personally convinced enough to have been referring to this as a Mack Hyper since 4pm...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
But since noise comparisons are usually done on similar models (AFAIK) and the noise comparison was done on a coaster in Turkey... The most likely manufacturer is Mack... Because the only 200ft+ coaster in Turkey is a Mack...
The comparison coaster would not necessarily need to be 200 footsies tall, if it was of a comparable size. While Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends is indeed the only 60m+ coaster in Turkey, the country also has a pair of >50m Intamin coasters: Red Fire and Nefeskesen. Granted, both of those are launched, and one would think it unnecessary to go all the way to Turkey to measure noise from Intamin coasters, but still the possibility is technically there.

Turkey also has this 46 m thing from BSAE, though ... and it has a chain lift.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
The Exodus naming has been in the park all year, on the spray painted wall by DBs Ghost Train and on the claw games at the nearby arcade.

I know this is all just concept but its intresting that the turnaround out of the station is outward banked like Untamed.

Given the fact that the X:\ odus poster was across from 22 in Trailers and the clear TP RMC 22 in the maze, I cant rule out an RMC just yet.
I really think that the RMC writing was a poor joke to play with the fans.
After all, the site on which is located Thorpe Park was once a gravel pit, owned by Ready Mixed Concrete ....

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The comparison coaster would not necessarily need to be 200 footsies tall, if it was of a comparable size. While Hyper Coaster at Land of Legends is indeed the only 60m+ coaster in Turkey, the country also has a pair of >50m Intamin coasters: Red Fire and Nefeskesen. Granted, both of those are launched, and one would think it unnecessary to go all the way to Turkey to measure noise from Intamin coasters, but still the possibility is technically there.

Turkey also has this 46 m thing from BSAE, though ... and it has a chain lift.
I’m not so sure about that. There’s little point in studying how sound carries on a 180 ft launch coaster to present an example of how it will carry on a 230ft lift hill.

Plus, as you say, they wouldn’t need to go to Turkey to compare an Intamin launch. There are much closer versions. And by all accounts there was a lift hill, so they would have used Kondaa or one of several other Intamin megas if it were an Intamin mega.

I’d love it to be an Intamin mega, perhaps even more than a Mack!!! That would be the cherry for me! But unfortunately I think we can rule that out.

Also, although the official line is ‘we haven’t picked a manufacturer yet’ I think it’s safe to say that if they plan to invest in consultation, planning and start construction all within the next 10 months… This coaster is already provisionally ordered and it’s manufacturing capacity reserved with somebody…

Dawg

Roller Poster
It's going to be interesting to see what is actually 'revealed' today on the new website.

I fail to believe they haven't paired up with a manufacturer yet. Confirmation that they sent a team to 'A similar coaster in Turkey', obviously narrows it down to Hypercoaster in Land of Legends. Why would you send a team to inspect a Mack Hypercoaster for noise, if you weren't building a Mack Hypercoaster?

B&M? Go look at Shambhala
RMC? Go look at Untamed

With the whole 'Project Exodus' theme fitting into the old town? It just gives me Cowboys & Aliens vibes for some reason. Probably wide of the mark but an 'Alien Abduction' theme where you are in the old town, a western themed area, and enter the station of this new coaster and have been 'abducted'.

Going to be an interested journey following this. Exciting times for sure.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

Anyone else just keep hitting refresh this morning?
I’ve rightly or wrongly assumed it’s on a timer… So I keep checking on the hour…

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Wickerman was an original IP (albeit based on pagan mythology), so I don't see any reason to assume this would necessarily be based off an IP too, even with Chessington's plans.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
With Kimi Räikkönen retiring from F1, Kimi Räikkönen: The Rollercoaster Experience? Yes, yes Thorpe knows what they are doing 🤣.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this coaster doesn’t have an tacky IP theme, and is more original, as a Hyper coaster really doesn’t need it.

Doublethink

Roller Poster
With Kimi Räikkönen retiring from F1, Kimi Räikkönen: The Rollercoaster Experience? Yes, yes Thorpe knows what they are doing 🤣.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this coaster doesn’t have an tacky IP theme, and is more original, as a Hyper coaster really doesn’t need it.
Tacky/cheesy is fine- Hyperion's theming is hilariously cheesy but works great but dated IPs are just awful

Heth

Mega Poster
It is worth pointing out that to date Saw the Ride and Walking Dead are the only major UK Merlin coasters with an IP currently attached.

The others do not:
Swarm
Nemesis Inferno
Stealth
Colossus
Nemesis
The Smiler
Wicker Man
Th13teen
Oblivion
Spinball
Galactica
Vampire
Dragon's Fury
Rattelsnake

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm genuinely more excited now than I was earlier.... What is it god damn it!

A hyper sized coaster, with big inversions, that's white, that he doesn't think looks like a B&M or RMC layout...
I'm getting Steel Curtain / S&S vibes...
Well after all of that… I’m going back to what I originally said yesterday…

Can this really be a Mack?

Definitely seems more S&S to me!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I fail to believe they haven't paired up with a manufacturer yet. Confirmation that they sent a team to 'A similar coaster in Turkey', obviously narrows it down to Hypercoaster in Land of Legends. Why would you send a team to inspect a Mack Hypercoaster for noise, if you weren't building a Mack Hypercoaster?

B&M? Go look at Shambhala
RMC? Go look at Untamed
But if you want to inspect a Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment knock-off of a Maurer SkyLoop, Wonderland Eurasia is indeed your closest example.