What's new

Luna Park Sydney | New Area & Park Overhaul | 2021

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks like when you see the Raptors testing, except the video is being played at normal speed. :D

Ries

Mega Poster
I like it.
The flow, the pace, the layout. And from what I can see, the speed is nice. I think it is a little short.
I do prefer this over the RMC. From what I see. Make a version with longer track layout and it is golden.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
heh, I forgot how short the section was between the first and second launch on this thing.

Looks good though; great use of space and some nice transitions.

Gazza

Giga Poster
It's almost like its multi launch by necessity since there's not enough space for one long one so they just put a turn in the middle.

Also, weird how the brake run is tyre drives. Will it work with regenerative braking into the motors?

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Big Dipper for summer 2022 :

1905674142_ScreenShot2021-12-08at9_29_17PM.png.abc7f26fd8f49605c96c3244164ba0f3.png

cookie

Giga Poster
Big Dipper for summer 2022 :

1905674142_ScreenShot2021-12-08at9_29_17PM.png.abc7f26fd8f49605c96c3244164ba0f3.png

Summer in Australia is December to February so I think a January/February date is in the cards.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks sl... Actually really fast? With a dummy loaded train that thing flies! Interesting that they went with that loud tyre driven launch rather than just LSMs though.

Ries

Mega Poster
Looks really fun!
The Intamin LSM sound is way better. But this is also a nice launch sound. :[]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think that looks brilliant, actually. I love it!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Looks amazing... Gotta hand it to them...However...

I know it happens in the industry all of the time, but I do wish they hadn't essentially stolen the Raptor from RMC, or at least until they'd sold a few more. The R&D costs associated with the single rail are basically all paid by RMC, only for their raptor to act a s a proof of concept so that others can reap the rewards...

Plus, Intamin, I love you, but your single rail track is ugly... :p

Dar

Hyper Poster
I've always been curious with these tyre launches; does the whole bank of tyres increase in speed down the length or is each wheel faster than the last?

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I've always been curious with these tyre launches; does the whole bank of tyres increase in speed down the length or is each wheel faster than the last?
I’d have to assume it’s the former so that the whole train is getting launched at the same speed

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I always assumed they just all ran at their highest speed, and would 'slip' until the train had picked up momentum.. 🙈 Is that not right then?
I think that much slippage would be too inefficient, plus it'd be loud and go through tyres at a rate of knots!

Gazza

Giga Poster
The thing i find strange is that tyres are used for braking, and that seems like it would chew up the tyres.
Im surpised they didnt find a way to integrate mag brakes, for example by having fins to the side like on the old Intamin hypers (Given the limited space under the chassis)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
All the tyres increase speed at once - before the train reaches the launch, the tyres match the speed of the train coming into the launch, and then all the tyres speed up to the top speed all together.

Last edited: