What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

oriolat2

Giga Poster
For those wondering, the text translates as: "Each car holds four riders (twice as many as Jetline) and each train consists of 7 cars".
Good to read! Although the park doesn't get extremely high attendance numbers, it's always nice to see a B&M with a good capacity. I wonder if Gröna Lund is actually going to need running both trains many times. I mean, besides Jetline, their coasters do not have that high of a capacity yet lines are always manageable.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good to read! Although the park doesn't get extremely high attendance numbers, it's always nice to see a B&M with a good capacity. I wonder if Gröna Lund is actually going to need running both trains many times. I mean, besides Jetline, their coasters do not have that high of a capacity yet lines are always manageable.
I've always found Grona Lund to be rather good at operating their coasters too. They will often send trains 'when they're ready' rather than 'when they're full', which I think helps keep the queues shorter. Their operations aren't lightspeed, but they're no slouches either.

I'm inclined to agree - we may see this only run two trains on the busiest of days, but that doesn't necessarily mean this'll be a burden to ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Have the park been given permission from the Swedish government to open yet?
@cookie posted a comment on this in the Coronavirus thread:

Short answer - yes. :)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's a shame we cannot get more updates from inside the park because this has to be one of the biggest logistical construction challenges since Taron. It would have been nice to see how they planned and got around problems with footers, clearances and laying track pieces in such a crammed park.

I really want Monster to do wonders for Gröna Lund. They really deserve the hype they get, and even more so during 2020, which has been a bitch for them not being able to operate at all.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Let's hope for some documentary. Either by the park or someone else. Monster is the biggest thing that has happened to Stockholm, even bigger than the Stockholm Bloodbath of 1520. So there will surely be a documentary about it.

MatthijsFB15

Roller Poster
Installation of the last piece of track of this Monster!

Last edited:

FABH

Roller Poster
There is honestly something so nice and relaxing about listening to your voice while watching panning shots.
Thank you so much! Super happy you like the videos and extra happy that you like listening to my voice-over since that is the part I find the hardest to do. But it is ways nice to step out of ones comfort zone. I am already working on the next video...

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's Monster on Swedish news when the last piece of track was installed:-

This video gives some great angles of the coaster. Looks like there will be a lot of whip going into that brake run!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Here's Monster on Swedish news when the last piece of track was installed:-

This video gives some great angles of the coaster. Looks like there will be a lot of whip going into that brake run!
Where they were standing is gonna be a fantastic foot chopper, Hopefully not long for some juicy first tests.
Certainly gonna be weird seeing the train descend into the ground on the first run

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I’m dead curious about the transfer and how it works. Like how do they lift the trains in if it’s underground, does it have a big hatch?