What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

davidm

Strata Poster
^ I mean the reddit thread that you posted had already discussed that this was "fake news".

Lesson to be learned ; don't just read the click-bait headline!

DarekD2004

Roller Poster
Yeah that's a really old concept from not long after Gravity Max opened.

The new model of Vekoma Tilt Coaster has a twisted drop which was actually shown off on the SF Saudi Arabia artwork. Although I don't think it's "that" twisted.

View attachment 10466
I think this is only qiddiyas art work. They mayd imposible coasters layouts (for example falcon fly), and advertised themselves.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I think this is only qiddiyas art work. They mayd imposible coasters layouts (for example falcon fly), and advertised themselves.
Yes and no. I agree the falcons fly layout is a joke but many of the other rides in the artwork were not inaccurate. The GCI wooden coaster seen on the park plan for example was spot on. The Tilt wasn't inaccurate either.

In fact if you want more proof that the new gen tilt coasters have a twisted first drop here's an exert from Energylandia own tilt coaster application for the tilt coaster

a. Twisted Vertical Drop;
b. Speed Hill;
c. Overbanked Turn (x2);
d. Highsider
e. Zero-G Ball;
f. Hi-Speed Carousel Turn
g. Camelback
h. Twisted Airtime Hill
i. Barell Roll;
j. Track Twist;
k. Overback Carousel
l. S-Turns
m. Trench Dip

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Pretty good profits but I expected them to be a bit higher considering the kind of investments they are making. Wonder what D/E they have, it surely gotta be pretty high.

If only I could calculate D/E ... I tried but equity and liabilities are not easily written out in the financial statements (Too many numbers ?). I mean i don't see it... here is the financial statement if you want to check it ( but of course in polish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvD7fw6FUc1jcf-7_YraVT7V84n1_saM/view?usp=drivesdk

When I tried to calculate it, it came out to be 1,04... But of course I probably did it wrong ?.

Christian

Hyper Poster
If only I could calculate D/E ... I tried but equity and liabilities are not easily written out in the financial statements (Too many numbers ?). I mean i don't see it... here is the financial statement if you want to check it ( but of course in polish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvD7fw6FUc1jcf-7_YraVT7V84n1_saM/view?usp=drivesdk

When I tried to calculate it, it came out to be 1,04... But of course I probably did it wrong ?.

Wow thanks for calculating it. I tried as well but don't understand what all the words mean and google translate is mostly useless. It' also a ton of wording. Weird that they don't just straight out give a D/E or at least give the D and the E separately. I think I was able to find the D but I couldn't find the E.

1.04 is certainly lower than I expected but it could make sense. It's possible that instead of taking on debt they might have given out equity instead. We also don't know how much capital the owner has invested. At least 1.04 is a good number and it means that the company is stable and not in too much risk. From what I think means debt, I made it out to be around 109 millions USD in debt which would make sense if you include Hyperion, Zadra, Speed and you still have about 50 million to spare.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Wow thanks for calculating it. I tried as well but don't understand what all the words mean and google translate is mostly useless. It' also a ton of wording. Weird that they don't just straight out give a D/E or at least give the D and the E separately. I think I was able to find the D but I couldn't find the E.

1.04 is certainly lower than I expected but it could make sense. It's possible that instead of taking on debt they might have given out equity instead. We also don't know how much capital the owner has invested. At least 1.04 is a good number and it means that the company is stable and not in too much risk. From what I think means debt, I made it out to be around 109 millions USD in debt which would make sense if you include Hyperion, Zadra, Speed and you still have about 50 million to spare.

Outlays on non-financial fixed assets in 2019/20 financial period were around 59 932 231 $ ( in 2018 that was around 29 860 146 $) so there was a "little" jump. (Beside that ... theirs planned outlays for next year are approx 17 164 527 $ ?, so we probably won't see the Tilt coaster start of construction in 2021, but we will see what's gonna happen ?

cookie

Giga Poster
Pretty good profits but I expected them to be a bit higher considering the kind of investments they are making. Wonder what D/E they have, it surely gotta be pretty high.
It tends to take a few years for a park to see a return on investment with major rides, even in large parks. I think part of what motivates their rapid expansions since inception is so the whole resort could reap the benefits in the long term.

Plus, the owners already ran disco clubs and footwear manufacturing plants before building the park with the aid of EU development grants, so they probably have a lot of pocket change lying around.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Outlays on non-financial fixed assets in 2019/20 financial period were around 59 932 231 $ ( in 2018 that was around 29 860 146 $) so there was a "little" jump. (Beside that ... theirs planned outlays for next year are approx 17 164 527 $ ?, so we probably won't see the Tilt coaster start of construction in 2021, but we will see what's gonna happen ?

Judging by their 2019 profits it will take them around 20 years to repay just their 2019/20 capex. Quite stunning. Would be interesting to know their EBITD.

I think it will be good for EL to chill a bit with capex and focus on smaller improvements around the park, especially the old park.