What's new

Intamin Unveils Four New Concepts

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I'm surprised (but not really) that Magic Mountain is going for the low capacity train and not one that sits side by side. And having ridden RailBlazef, in all its glory, the seating arrangement added nothing to the overall experience and even sitting in the front where you could see the rail, it didn't make the ride somehow more appealing

Temleh

Mega Poster
“Also, Hot Racer is an in-line seating launch coaster powered by friction wheels.”

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm still amazed by the perceived clamour for these. If I had a park there is no way I'd want one of these in it with a throughput of 600 guests per hour.

From a user point of view most people aren't sad losers like me who go to parks on their own and they want to sit next to their friends. This does not allow for this obviously.
You're missing the point entirely. The Raptor as we see it now, was not intended to go to big parks like SFFT or even CGA. They are meant for the Wild Water West Waterparks of the world. Small parks that are looking for something high thrill, but don't have the budget for a high thrill coaster.

We also need to stop this capacity argument. Eurofighters have 8 person trains, and no revolving station. The newer models have 12 rows, with 4 trains. The line will always be moving and it doesn't feel that long with all trains on the track.

As far as the Intamin model, this isn't new? I swear this was posted about months back, around IAAPA when they showed the images if I recall correctly. This guy just going for clickbait.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

You're missing the point entirely. The Raptor as we see it now, was not intended to go to big parks like SFFT or even CGA. They are meant for the Wild Water West Waterparks of the world. Small parks that are looking for something high thrill, but don't have the budget for a high thrill coaster.

We also need to stop this capacity argument. Eurofighters have 8 person trains, and no revolving station. The newer models have 12 rows, with 4 trains. The line will always be moving and it doesn't feel that long with all trains on the track.

As far as the Intamin model, this isn't new? I swear this was posted about months back, around IAAPA when they showed the images if I recall correctly. This guy just going for clickbait.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That may have been a good argument if the first three installations weren't at Great America, Fiesta Texas and soon to be at Great Adventure. I just don't see the appeal.

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
It hasn’t been cancelled, it’s just been put on hold as they get the raptor out their, bcuz when they put the trex out, everyone will want that and not the raptor
The Raptor hasn't done as well as RMC expected, which is why they put the T-Rex on hold (according to the video). I also think that they wanted to perfect the Raptor before they start selling the T-Rex.

Matt N

CF Legend
I watched an interview with Alan Schilke a while back, and the way that RMC’s single rail track types are decided on for a particular ride is apparently in the size of ride the park wants. He said that the Raptor Track is intended for coasters up to 200ft, they’re designing a middle-ground track size between the Raptor Track and the T-Rex Track for 200-300ft, and the T-Rex Track is intended for absolute behemoths of 300+ft. He even mentioned that they could go above 500ft with the T-Rex Track!

This could potentially explain why the Six Flags rides are all Raptor Tracks. I don’t personally see a T-Rex being built at a Six Flags park, as I think the cost will be colossal. The only upcoming project I can think of that could potentially be a T-Rex or the mid-ground track between Raptor and T-Rex is Fuji-Q’s coaster planned for 2022 (or at least, it was planned for 2022 pre-COVID). It’s reportedly costing a pretty hefty sum of money (around the same as Eejanaika, if not more), and that park has a penchant for building crazy coasters!

On the topic of the thread, I wonder whether Intamin will ever sell a “Hot Racer”, as it seems to be being called? They did also unveil their take on the Mack PowerSplash at IAAPA 2019, so maybe they just saw some popular ride models and put it out there that they could make that type of ride too?

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
On the topic of the thread, I wonder whether Intamin will ever sell a “Hot Racer”, as it seems to be being called? They did also unveil their take on the Mack PowerSplash at IAAPA 2019, so maybe they just saw some popular ride models and put it out there that they could make that type of ride too?

Yeah, seeing as the Raptor hasn't done too well (from what we know, only 3 have been sold so far), it'll be interesting to see how Intamin makes the Hot Racer a successful model. The video I linked at the top of the forum mentioned a launch?

Intamin is very experienced with launches (unlike RMC), and could be much more popular due to this - do you think there could also be any different elements, possibly less snappy layouts? Intamin does love a snappy coaster.

Final question for you to think about, Intamin love their tall coasters - if the Hot Racer does well, could we see Intamin do the possible 500ft single railed coaster with their own version of the T-Rex? It seems more likely than the RMC T-Rex, seeing as Cedar Point has a couple of coasters built by Intamin that keep getting taller and taller...

Matt N

CF Legend
Final question for you to think about, Intamin love their tall coasters - if the Hot Racer does well, could we see Intamin do the possible 500ft single railed coaster with their own version of the T-Rex? It seems more likely than the RMC T-Rex, seeing as Cedar Point has a couple of coasters built by Intamin that keep getting taller and taller...
Certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Cedar Point went to Intamin, as their past two height record breakers were built by Intamin (albeit both were built not far off 20 years ago now). However, Cedar Fair’s relations with Intamin allegedly went sour after I305, so I’d say RMC are probably more likely if Cedar Point did want something similar.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, seeing as the Raptor hasn't done too well (from what we know, only 3 have been sold so far), it'll be interesting to see how Intamin makes the Hot Racer a successful model. The video I linked at the top of the forum mentioned a launch?
Five. Railblazer, Wonder Woman, Jersey Devil, SFMM 2021, and the one at Wild Water West. Not too horrible for the first four years of a ride type's existence.

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
Certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Cedar Point went to Intamin, as their past two height record breakers were built by Intamin (albeit both were built not far off 20 years ago now). However, Cedar Fair’s relations with Intamin allegedly went sour after I305, so I’d say RMC are probably more likely if Cedar Point did want something similar.
I'm sure I heard somewhere that Cedar Fair (or just CP) don't want to work with RMC anymore due to the Steel Vengeance collision??

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It hasn’t been cancelled, it’s just been put on hold as they get the raptor out their, bcuz when they put the trex out, everyone will want that and not the raptor
The Raptor hasn't done as well as RMC expected, which is why they put the T-Rex on hold (according to the video). I also think that they wanted to perfect the Raptor before they start selling the T-Rex.
I watched an interview with Alan Schilke a while back, and the way that RMC’s single rail track types are decided on for a particular ride is apparently in the size of ride the park wants. He said that the Raptor Track is intended for coasters up to 200ft, they’re designing a middle-ground track size between the Raptor Track and the T-Rex Track for 200-300ft, and the T-Rex Track is intended for absolute behemoths of 300+ft. He even mentioned that they could go above 500ft with the T-Rex Track!

This could potentially explain why the Six Flags rides are all Raptor Tracks. I don’t personally see a T-Rex being built at a Six Flags park, as I think the cost will be colossal. The only upcoming project I can think of that could potentially be a T-Rex or the mid-ground track between Raptor and T-Rex is Fuji-Q’s coaster planned for 2022 (or at least, it was planned for 2022 pre-COVID). It’s reportedly costing a pretty hefty sum of money (around the same as Eejanaika, if not more), and that park has a penchant for building crazy coasters!

All this conjecture aside, the actual reason why a T-Rex hasn't been built is because the intended scale of one is almost unfathomable. Imagine a sliding scale on Jersey Devil and sliding it all the way to the right. The intent of the T-Rex product is supposed to be a ride like Jersey Devil, but take every dimension and multiply it by three. It's a monumental ride from a cost and space perspective that's on the upper limit of what even the mega parks can afford. I seriously doubt RMC cancelled the product line or put it on hold - they simply have a product that doesn't really have a market at this time.

That may have been a good argument if the first three installations weren't at Great America, Fiesta Texas and soon to be at Great Adventure. I just don't see the appeal.
I didn't understand the RMC conversions until I rode Goliath. Not everyone will understand how intense and wild these rides are until they ride them. But as for the other side of the argument - Six Flags is just cheap. That's the only reason we're seeing SFFT, SFMM, and SFGAdv adding Raptors. They're cheaper than a similar ride that has a higher capacity.

Intamin is very experienced with launches (unlike RMC), and could be much more popular due to this - do you think there could also be any different elements, possibly less snappy layouts? Intamin does love a snappy coaster.

Five. Railblazer, Wonder Woman, Jersey Devil, SFMM 2021, and the one at Wild Water West. Not too horrible for the first four years of a ride type's existence.
And there's one rumored for Six Flags St Louis too.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Cedar Fair (or just CP) don't want to work with RMC anymore due to the Steel Vengeance collision??
Twisted Timbers and Railblazer had their fair share of issues, so I'm sure the chain's relationship with RMC is strained across the board.