What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

jay37415

Mega Poster
It's pretty much a given that there would be a Phase 2 at Wildwood Grove. Pete has said before at Thrills in the Hills that his dream would be to get a Giga. But keep in mind that Copperhead strike cost $26 mil and Lightning Rod was $22 mil. So either a Mack or B&M would be fitting.

jay37415

Mega Poster
If I remember correctly, there were two different surveys E-Mailed Out.

One was concerning the theming for an interactive dark ride which was shared by Coaster Chall. But there was also another one taking a survey about the type of attraction to add next. I believe those choices were a Mack Spinner, B&M Hyper, and indoor shooter.

If I remember correctly, there were two different surveys E-Mailed Out.

One was concerning the theming for an interactive dark ride which was shared by Coaster Chall. But there was also another one taking a survey about the type of attraction to add next. I believe those choices were a Mack Spinner, B&M Hyper, and indoor shooter.
Absolutely correct! A B&M Hyper, Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster and an Indoor Coaster. I don't mind either, but I think the first two are more likely because of the fact that Wildwood Grove phase 2 will probably be a dark ride and I think the coaster will replace Mountain Sidewinder.

But, you never know... It is the largest investment plan in Dollywood's history, so we could get all these coaster options, right? As screamscape said, it could be the Decade Of Dollywood!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ahhh, the CF new-member lifecycle. It's developed in recent years into something of a pattern...

Either you start as an insufferable mess of negativity and arrogance, or you start as an insufferable mess of positivity and naivety. But with time, you mellow and learn to find a more stable equilibrium. You end up as the perfect blend of optimism, realism with a little bit of prat mixed in.

Not naming any names, of course, but you all know which route you took. ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ahhh, the CF new-member lifecycle. It's developed in recent years into something of a pattern...

Either you start as an insufferable mess of negativity and arrogance, or you start as an insufferable mess of positivity and naivety. But with time, you mellow and learn to find a more stable equilibrium. You end up as the perfect blend of optimism, realism with a little bit of prat mixed in.

Not naming any names, of course, but you all know which route you took. ;)

Ahhh, I missed out on this CF-lifecycle after being beaten into the state of equilibrium by other forums :( I've missed out </3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry guys, but I was already on my way to Tennessee yesterday when I got the email saying the announcement has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Had to turn around and head back home - nearly nine hours of driving for nada. :mad: