12. Twisted Colossus
13. Twisted Cyclone
14. The Joker
15. Iron Rattler
16. Goliath
17 New Texas Giant

Matt N

CF Legend
I also haven't ridden any, but here's my personal guess from POVs and the like (unopened in italics):
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Zadra
  3. Hakugei
  4. Twisted Timbers
  5. Untamed
  6. Medusa Steel Coaster
  7. Storm Chaser
  8. Twisted Colossus
  9. Raptors
  10. Lightning Rod
  11. Twisted Cyclone
  12. Wildfire
  13. Outlaw Run
  14. Goliath
  15. New Texas Giant
  16. Wicked Cyclone
  17. Joker
  18. Iron Rattler

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Twisted Colossus - Still the king surprisingly. I'm using pain as the measure for intensity (in a good way) and nothing has come close to hurting my legs (and neck?!) with airtime as much as this thing did. The out of control-ness out of the high-five hasnt been matched either, in a ride type that starts to feel a little calculated and clinical the more you delve into it. There's also several rides below that suffer from the feeling of hitting the brakes and wanting more. You hit the brakes on this thing. Then you get more. The easy way.
2. Twisted Timbers - Closest experience to the above in intensity, but weirdly not on every single lap without fail. Sometimes I'd hit the brakes not knowing what to do with myself, sometimes I'd just be thinking 'that was cool'. The big 3 hills are stupidly sublime, as was the outwards banked hill through the structure (though sadly this never got better than the 1st lap when not knowing it was there). It just keeps going and going in such an amazing fashion, but doesn't quite manage to have every single element hit the spot, like the 3 overbanks are a bit silly (and poorly balanced towards one side of the train).
3. Wicked Cyclone - Didn't get as much out of this as I would have liked (thanks again Six Flags), so it's harder to big it up. Got the right amount of length again, and the way it flows and bounces between the mixture of inversions and airtime is just beautiful. The wonky hills in particular are some of the best in the business.
4. Lightning Rod - Aww. I wanted this to be the best thing ever, but it wasn't. Expectations may have let me down slightly as I thought it was going to be one of the bigger RMCs feat. quad down, but it's actually short and quad down is 50% of the ride. The first half is a little too underwhelming for the rest of it and then just when it gets absolutely amazing, it ends.
5. Twisted Cyclone - What it does is as good as it's wicked and twisted brothers, just half the length. Favourite bit was the immensely intense hill out of the sideways thing that you don't really see coming from the back.
6. Railblazer
7. Joker
8. Wildfire - Kicked into the dirt (of the top 30) even further now that Lightning Rod feels like wood and this doesn't. Still every one I've ridden since has those ingredients of what makes RMC amazing. This just doesn't do that stuff. Why.
Alright let's do this.

1. Twisted Colossus
2. Hakugei - Never quite as wild as the Timbers, but it felt a consistently better ride at all times of day in all parts of the train. It has more to offer and what it offers is a slightly closer to perfect mix of elements. It did lack character for me and maybe has one zero-g too many so that, combined with not being the most intense, holds it back from the top spot.
3. Twisted Timbers
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Lightning Rod
6. Twisted Cyclone
7. Railblazer
8. Joker
9. Wildfire

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Only been on 4 but I feel its been a good variety.

1: Steel Vengeance
2: Wicked Cyclone (I've heard it's already declined/even gone to crap so guess I need to try again but least when I went it was a perfect ride. SV was basically a bigger badder version of it)
3: Storm Chaster (It was a tad less comfortable for me and I didn't like the layout quite as much (when you're ranking 2 pieces of gold yeah I get that detailed)) it also had less air overall I think than WC.
4: Twisted Cyclone (It really is all the length, otherwise its a pretty much perfect ride. Love the layout, plenty of air the wave turn is glorious, but no doubt it did feel a tad "aww" when it hits the breaks)

Keep in mind this ranking is 4 of my top 10 so its really like sorting through several A+ candidates

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Picked up one over the weekend
1. Lightning Rod
2. Storm Chaser
3. Outlaw Run - absolute perfection. From the lift hill to the barrel rolls, every element delivers absurd ejector air and is paced flawlessly. The first drop is the best on any woodie I've ridden, the airtime hills were on Lightning Rod levels, and the 90-degree dive under the lift <3. The beautiful location in the ozark mountains was just icing on the cake.
4. Steel Vengeance
5. Goliath
6. Twisted Colossus

Matt N

CF Legend
Picked up one over the weekend
1. Lightning Rod
2. Storm Chaser
3. Outlaw Run - absolute perfection. From the lift hill to the barrel rolls, every element delivers absurd ejector air and is paced flawlessly. The first drop is the best on any woodie I've ridden, the airtime hills were on Lightning Rod levels, and the 90-degree dive under the lift <3. The beautiful location in the ozark mountains was just icing on the cake.
4. Steel Vengeance
5. Goliath
6. Twisted Colossus
I'd be intrigued to know; how come you rank Steel Vengeance 4th? I haven't ridden it, but everyone who has seems to rave about it and have it as their #1 coaster of all time; did it not live up to the hype for you?

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I'd be intrigued to know; how come you rank Steel Vengeance 4th? I haven't ridden it, but everyone who has seems to rave about it and have it as their #1 coaster of all time; did it not live up to the hype for you?
It's an incredible coaster but I do think it is a little bit overrated. The first two airtime hills were awesome and the final wave turn/fourth inversion combo was great otherwise it was just a huge mix of good not great elements. It feels pretty repetitive with that. Still loads of fun, however, don't get me wrong.

Matt N

CF Legend
It's an incredible coaster but I do think it is a little bit overrated. The first two airtime hills were awesome and the final wave turn/fourth inversion combo was great otherwise it was just a huge mix of good not great elements. It feels pretty repetitive with that. Still loads of fun, however, don't get me wrong.
I could get that to be fair; SteVe has been hyped a lot. Thanks for the clarification @Imagineer Josh!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Did ya ride it at night? ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Update, but still not going to include Wonder Woman as it's a totally different type of coaster from the others.

1. Hakugei - Not just my favourite RMC, but I've decided it's my favourite coaster. The whole thing is just ridiculous. Massively intense airtime all over the place that throws you out and keeps you out of your seat. The inversions are gorgeous and just flow so smoothly. It just doesn't let up from the moment you leave the lift hill until you hit the breaks. Even the usually pointless pre-lift section is decent.

2. Goliath - There's been a bit of time between this and the others, but I still think it would be near the top if I rode it again, mostly down to the huge first drop and zero-g stall.

3. Twisted Cyclone - I hadn't followed construction, so was surprised at how compact it was, but it crams a lot in. Some crazy, thigh-crushing airtime in there.

4. Steel Medusa - I was kind of expecting this to be the top one, but it didn't quite manage it. I'm not a fan of first drops that aren't really drops. It's a beast though.

5. Iron Rattler - I very nearly put this above Medusa since I actually found it quite a bit more enjoyable and a lot more rerideable. The setting on the cliff is fab and I love that you can't see much of it before you ride.

6. New Texas Giant - It starts off well, and I like the more drawn-out layout, but the second half is just dull unfortunately.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow! Hakugei's amazing reception is perhaps the most surprising thing of this year for me! I've even heard people saying they prefer it to Steel Vengeance, and if it's @gavin's favourite out of *checks profile* 1578 coasters, then it must be good!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Ridden two new RMCs this past week and they were damn good ones...

1. Steel Vengeance - No surprise here really! Unlike Lightning Rod last year, this RMC actually lived up to the hype, at least as much as can be expected. I was lucky enough to experience platinum passholder ERT on this for the hour of 23.30 to 00.30 and never have I been flung into a new coaster in a more astonishing way. The airtime is obviously very strong and plentiful, some of RMCs best, but the real distinguishing factor here is how long SV keeps its unrelenting pace up for; right up until those final crazy little bunny hills the ride was hauling, leaving me in-awe and exhausted in the best possible way. A geniusly-crafted spree of intensity and daringly-twisted elements. Not sure it does anything that I haven’t experienced on an RMC before tbf, it really is the length and quality pacing that allows it to clinch the #1 RMC spot for me. There is room for improvement: it does lack a little in terms of sustained airtime vs the more common “shorter-lived” intense ejector pops (though nowhere near as much as LR), and the on/off trimming at the MCBR during normal-park-hour rides seemed random and did lessen the latter half’s craziness a bit. Only minor complaints though, this is one epic coaster and if only that nighttime ERT could’ve lasted the whole visit!

2. Twisted Timbers

3. Storm Chaser - It’s absolutely near-perfect for a coaster of its size and length (only falling short of #2 in that sense). The airtime is especially wild and ferocious, but also well-sustained over several larger hills, which is something a lot of RMCs lack for me. The overbanks are possibly my favourites of their kind too! I don’t know how they created such a great floating sensation but it’s awesome. It’s a seriously punchy start to the layout with 4 fantastic airtime hills and those 2 glorious overbanks, which then leads into the classic “crazy little bumps” section before dipping into a contrastingly mediocre helix finale. Yeah, it’s just that ending that kills it a tiny bit; and it feels extra awkward from being on such a tear just moments before. It’s a small flaw, but when #1 and #2 are still rampaging all the way to the brakes, it matters. But god, the more I think about the rest of this coaster, the more I love it. Plus, those inverting first drops? I’m a huge fan.

4. Wildfire
5. Iron Rattler
6. Twisted Cyclone
7. Goliath
8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Outlaw Run
10. Joker
11. Twisted Colossus
12. Lightning Rod
13. New Texas Giant
14. RailBlazer

The consistent top quality of RMC is entirely unparalleled, it must be said. RailBlazer is by far my least favourite (didn’t like the restraints) but it’s still in like my top 10% of coasters. That said, they’re not above petty criticism ;)

Bedholm

Roller Poster
Expecting some hate!
1. Wildfire
2. Lightning Rod
3. Steel Vengeance Massive disappointment if I'm being honest and each ride made me find the ride more overrated.
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Iron Rattler
6. RailBlazer
7. Outlaw Run
8. Wicked Cyclone
9. Twisted Timbers Probably the most overrated ride in existence if I'm being honest.
10. New Texas Giant
11. Goliath
12. Twisted Cyclone
13. Storm Chaser
14. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster Why is this so much worse than RailBlazer in terms of both pacing and smoothness?
15. Joker Only RMC where I honestly think the coaster was better off staying in its original form. Given the ride multiple tries and always sucks.

Matt N

CF Legend
Certainly an interesting opinion @Bedholm! I must admit that Steel Vengeance looks phenomenal and I can't wait to ride it for myself some day, but there's a small part of me that worries that I'll be disappointed by it (and RMCs in general to an extent) because of how much hype it's had.

From my perspective, Steel Vengeance seems to receive a similar level of hype to Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom, which I was able to experience for myself in April. I went in to this attraction with all of the reviews saying it was "the best ride in the world" and that "it made people cry". Now, Flight of Passage was by no means a bad attraction. In fact, it was a very good, very clever attraction that I liked a lot. However, I couldn't help but be underwhelmed after getting off for the first time; despite liking Flight of Passage a lot, I did not like it as much as I expected to. There were even rides I preferred within WDW to Flight of Passage, and I certainly wouldn't say it was my favourite dark ride. What I'm basically trying to say is that I worry that the same thing will happen when I ride an RMC for the first time, as they seem to receive a similar "holy grail of theme park rides" reception to Flight of Passage.

On the other hand, I've been hyped for other attractions, and they've more than lived up to the hype, like Mako and Icon; my present top 2!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I was lucky enough to experience platinum passholder ERT on this for the hour of 23.30 to 00.30
How was this and how many rides did you get on during this time? I'll be doing the exact same thing in a few weeks so you can imagine my excitement.

Alex B

Mega Poster
1. steel vengeance ( only one ive been on)
2.twisted timbers
3.lightning rod
4.wildfire
5outlaw run
6 raptors
7 twisted collosus
8 iron rattler
9wicked cyclone
10storm chaser
11 hakugei
12 twisted cyclone
13 new texas giant