What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Been watching this thread on the quiet, I guess there's not much to say really - just another big, North American Dive Coaster. But I gotta say, I think it's one of the most exciting new coasters of the year. Love it. I've been on the other 3 and I really like them, but I think Yukon looks better. I mean, just look at it! It's freakin' huge!
What can I say, the sheer size of these things just pumps my 'nads. Ain't no shame in that.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I imagine this ride is already a meme/crapped on but honestly I think it looks pretty cool. I find dive coasters fun....until the MCBR. That's the only real issue. The drops are great and I found the immelman helix parts kinda forceful. On Valravn I got some blur vision. But then its right to the MCBR which kills all the speed and the rest of the ride is lame. Finally a park got smart and realized you should keep that speed and do stuff before killing it all off with the MCBR. And a 246 foot vertical drop? That's prob gunna feel awesome.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Well I mean what are your choices though? There is Six Flags La Garbage, and that mall out west.

Praise Galaxyland! Praise Mindbaender! Seriously though, I think that a dive machine was a good decision for Canada's Wonderland. It'll be a great marketing drawl for the general public... heck, my aunt over in Edmonton (for those uninformed in Canadian geography, it's on the opposing side of Canada waaay far from Ontario) even heard about it and asked if I already had the morning Yukon Striker was announced!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I don't love the name but that logo is wonderful. I love the attention to detail, the colour palette and the layers of it.

Looking forward to seeing that at the ride entrance, for sure. Could make for some good pictures with the drop behind!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yukon Striker has completed its first test run (up to the mid-course at least):-
Video by Amusement Insiders.

Looks to have some great pacing in he first half, much faster than I was expecting, especially for a first test run! I trust B&M will install some trims to slow it down. :rolleyes:

NOTE:- There is no commentary in the video, so don't worry.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Looks like a really good speed! It'll definitely slow down a little bit with the holding brake.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Yukon Striker hauls!! I think that if there are no trim brakes, this will make for a spectacular coaster. Trim brakes aren't necessarily a bad thing as they reduce stress on the track in areas profiled with a lower tolerance of stress on the track/supports - it saves the park a lot of wear and tear costs.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
it looks fast but it also doesn't look like it's doing the usual hold at the top for a few seconds hanging over the edge so I'm taking that speed with a huge grain of salt.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I imagine they're running with hard wheels at the moment, as thats way too fast through the loop and mini-immelman but of course it is missing that holding. Either way it's looking mighty impressive. I'm warming to the layout abit.

Lofty

CF Legend
As always, it will slow down from the initial test runs... I feel we have to say this every single time a Dive Machine tests.

Also, ATI, do you have to keep mentioning trims? It's no longer funny.

Hutch

Strata Poster
They really should've just ended the ride after that last inversion. Or just get rid of the MCBR and have it flow into the brake run. The last portion is just so meaningless.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
They really should've just ended the ride after that last inversion. Or just get rid of the MCBR and have it flow into the brake run. The last portion is just so meaningless.

I get that it's a fairly small section after the brakes, but somehow the ride would seem too short and incomplete without it. Also, it's a couple of nice extra airtime moments...who doesn't love a bit of extra airtime?

Hutch

Strata Poster
I get that it's a fairly small section after the brakes, but somehow the ride would seem too short and incomplete without it. Also, it's a couple of nice extra airtime moments...who doesn't love a bit of extra airtime?
Nah, the first "half" is pretty strong (for a dive machine), so I'd much rather it end on a high note and not kill the pacing. They could probably replace the MCBR and beyond with simple airtime hill or two.

Plus that first half still packs more in there than most other dive machines, so it's not like it'd be relatively short anyway.

And if I want airtime I'd just go ride the other B&Ms in the park. :p