What's new

NoLimits 2!

Intricks

Strata Poster
So there was another update, and it has added in a few parks and a couple new styled rides from Gerstlauer. It now offers both a lap restrainst and over the shoulder restraint style Infinity Train!

The new parks to sift through are:

- Flatride Park - The handful of flats plus Zepplin (not sure if a true recreation or just similar) and Timber Terror.

- Storm Valley - 3 Coasters all made by Gerstlauer (Spinner, OTSR Infinity and a Lap Restraint Infinity)

- Venom - Infinity Train stuff ftw!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm pretty sure you're a bit behind there Intricks.

I think this update was just bug fixes, it was a couple of updates ago that they added the Infinity models (and those parks you noted).

We even had an Infinity coaster comp round a month or so ago! :lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster
I must be behind then as Ive only recently just updated it.

I must have blanked on the Infinity comp as when I thought back on it, I only remember it being Gerst based. My bad.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I have a problem with NL 2. I'm still a beginner and I encounter this problem regularly: Whenever I use a formula e.g. for a loop, I can't get a good transition even if I depump verticies for several times. (And yes I am aware that the g-forces here are a bit too high in general, but that's not the matter right now.)
wibblywobbly.png

What am I doing wrong?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The premade loop that comes with the game is pretty **** tbh. The big difference between this and one, is you don't need a million nodes. Since you can manipulate the track more strategically, you can spread the nodes out, and it will make it much smoother. On the entrance and exit, when I was using premade, I kept 1 of 3 or 4 until it hit about vertical, but at that point, it's easier to do it yourself.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I'll probably really just do that loop by hand, that's not too hard. But when it comes to cobra rolls and corkscrews, it would be great if you could use the formulas without torturing your riders...

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
I've had NL2 for about a year and a half now, but with a move and several other changing circumstances, it's been a slow learning process. There's one thing I need to find out, though, in case anyone has made the same observations. The steps for taking video footage are pretty straightforward, "O" for starting and stopping it, and I was also able to find the folder where it stores the videos, but so far I get only sound but no picture - just a black void. On the settings menu in "Editor" mode, it has about 20 aspect ratio choices, as well as letting you make a custom one. Maybe some of them are too big for the window I'm using in Sim mode or what not. Do you just have to basically hit or miss until you come to one that works?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My first thought - are you using two monitors? Is it only recording the feed from one and not the other (whereas the audio is only one output)?

Apart from that, I'm afraid I'm not really sure. I have recorded stuff in NL2 before, but I don't recall having issues like you're describing. I don't have it on my laptop, so I can't check for you at the moment, but maybe some of the others can?

Alternatively you could ask on the NL-Exchange forums or r/nolimitscoaster (I don't use NL-Exchange, but I lurk on r/nolimitscoaster and some of the Devs are on there).

Not a very helpful response from me unfortunately, but hopefully you get it sorted! When you do, it would be good if you could post your solution in case anyone comes across this again!

Dar

Hyper Poster
I really, really wish there was a way to select multiple roll nodes and "No lat. G-Force" them all together, instead of doing them one by one!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The Code Master put out a fantastic RMC rails and trains tutorial with a download to his prefab. I've posted the link below. A little tricky, but a lot more detail available. I wish they would have it as just official track type in the next big update.

https://youtu.be/16gSWKTLW-g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know we don't have the most active Coaster Games community here on CF, but for what it's worth there's a new update to NL2!

Intricks

Strata Poster
So tilt track and the next gen vekoma? I can get down with that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not likely to have time to check this out anytime soon (I'm hoping to have a look at the weekend), but how does the tilt track work? NL2 hasn't really had any pre-fab sections like this before. The station, brake run, transfer tracks, etc have a lot of flexibility, really.

Will this let you change things like the length of tilting track, the angle of tilt, length of drop below the tilt, etc?

Jared

Hyper Poster
Will this let you change things like the length of tilting track, the angle of tilt, length of drop below the tilt, etc?

Yeah, you can change all of that. It basically inserts a connect point at the end of your track once you’ve set the tilt angle.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anyone know if they are planning to officially add RMC Topper/I-Box track into the game?
At some point, maybe? Couple of things that hold this back, though.
  • They have a small team, so don't have the ability to do lots of development. Updates to the game that include new ride types (like the tilt-track above) are few and far between.
  • There are probably a bunch of licencing issues that they'd need to iron out. Probably not that hard, given that the coaster industry is fairly small, but I'm sure RMC would want to a fair bit of vetting to the models to be sure they look and behave properly.
My one gripe with NL2 is the relative lack of updates - we're still missing lots of coaster types. I do wish they'd up their output, but I do have sympathy for them. It's no mean feat to pull together a game like that.