What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
^ And the less they spend on one thing would mean that they can spend more on something else that needs the money more...

Martyn B

CF Legend
O....M....G! I think you need to calm down!lol

It was just a sarcy comment because of what someone blablabla. Jeez. :roll:

I can see a hall area with cattlepans like on Hex in the queue somewhere, with plenty to look at on walls and from the ceilings.

You'll be disapointed then, that building is the 'crypt' - where the 'worlds first' thing happens. I wouldn't have thought there would be any queue's inside there.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Actually, the queue goes into the building and goes over a bridge over the track to the side of the station part of the building.

The exterior looks great, who really cares if it isn't real brick? Hopefully they can carry it on inside aswell.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I, personally, don't care if it's brick or not. As long as it feels like brick when you look at it. I like the way the themeing is coming along. It looks really nice and I hope that the area has a creepy atmosphere to it :).
With Rita being altered for 2010 in the photos of the themeing going up, it doesn't look like that they've painted anything. Could be that they just haven't done it yet...?

Nic

Strata Poster
So there's nothing new at all to report then? That's crap. I was at least hoping for a couple of new pictures or something. Still, I don't know what I expected, 146 pages of arguments about brick vs cardboard is very much true to form for one of these topics.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
I cant see there being many updates this week, with it being Christmas and new year. I reckon the next update will be the back end of the week starting 4th Jan.

Martyn B

CF Legend
146 pages of arguments about brick vs cardboard is very much true to form for one of these topics.

Hey! That was like one page! :p (Though one page too many)

There isn't really too much more we can look forward to seeing, the ride is complete now, all thats left is the theming and possible re-theme of Ug-Land/Rita.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Sounds about right with most of the popular construction topics don't it? :p

I'm well looking forward to going to the Preview Weekend, if only for Hex and Wardley... :D

Sure we'll see lots of photos on the 13/14th February anyways...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
marc said:
Disney California real brinks for the building on main street DLP for example not. You do have to look close to see the difference anyway.

I think you find it is, as Paris has strict rules about their buildings.
DLP's castle is the only one not built of fiberglass, its made of stone. Mainstreet is all real and ToT is the only one in all the Disney parks that is made of stone/concrete because of the building restrictions I stated at the beginning.

Oh yeah, and the Castle contains REAL gold-leaf and gold trimming, so think before you compare ;)

Anyways, just had to point that out.
Back on topic.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Does it really matter if real bricks are used or not?

I'd rather see money spent on the ride itself.

Themeing can make a difference,but I'd rather see any spare cash spent on improving the ride experience,not something you glance quickly at as you enter the building.

marc

CF Legend
Read what I said Erol "Main Street" I know the ****ing castle is real thank you I never even said the castle did I. I have seen the making of the place. The shops are made of brick blocks with fake fronts and sides. The walk ways round the back of main street is made of brick. Read before you comment :) Orlando main street is built the same way as DLP as well as are the other Disney parks.

Wish I never said anything now, mention the beloved DLP park and straight away people get on your back even if you dont say anything bad about it. And no I am not having a go at you just had enough of the sun shines out of DLP arse all the time, and the way people word their posts at the moment to try and make people look stupid without even getting their own facts right in the 1st place.

If you do want to talk to me about it PM me.

And yes it does not matter tbh as I said you have to get really close to see the difference anyway when it's been done well and they seem to have done a good job.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
marc said:
Read what I said Erol "Main Street" I know the castle is real thank you I never even said the castle did I.

And I quote myself AND highlight just for you, Marc.

Myself for Marc's sake said:
Paris has strict rules about their buildings. DLP's castle is the only one not built of fiberglass, its made of stone. Mainstreet is all real

and again said:
Mainstreet is all real

and one more time for good measure said:
Mainstreet is all real

I saw the construction of DLP too, I have it on VHS and I was under the impression that it was all real.

Wish I never said anything now, mention the beloved DLP park and straight away people get on your back even if you dont say anything bad about it.

Not at all - I slate DLP as much as I give it praise. You know I do, but I'm just stating a few things I know.

Like you say though, it doesn't matter how it's made, as long as it looks convincing.

marc

CF Legend
Stone and concreat with fake brick as I said, the wood panels are not wood they are fibre glass it's in the making of the place DVD. Show me a different one if the one I have seen is wrong. I can only go on what I have seen and read. I will look for it on YouTube tomorrow if I am wrong I would be the 1st to admit it.

Anyway better get this back on topic

marc

CF Legend
I misread your post so sorry about that. Must stop using cf on the iPhone and zoom in, I did not even see you mention main street till after all I saw was castle lol.

I suppose the next big update on this coaster will be the trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.