Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
Are you serious? LOL!!

That mossy colour is mold and tree sap... Rita has NOT changed.

I can't tell, it looked a bit different to me, but I have no idea if the colour is different or not - I genuinely need to be told if the colour changes. Hell, I can't even see the change in colour on the top bit of the track! :lol:

NickkyG said:
In the older pictures, the tree wraps around the very top of the building, yet in that latest picture it appears "chopped off" under the main window?

I think it's two different views Nickkkkkky, one is the front of the building, the other the side.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Looks good so far...

When do wraiths turn to stone? Now all I have in my head is that episode of Doctor Who with the angel statues... I thought wraiths were lost souls or sommat... I'm not exactly up to speed with the supernatural...

Let's hope the internal theming is just as good as the external...

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I'm pretty sure Screaming Coasters is right. Rita's track spine has always been a greeny colour on that turn from trees. It doesn't look a different colour at all to me. Back onto Thirteen the theming looks good and I really like the statues.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Brookes said:
^I'm pretty sure Screaming Coasters is right. Rita's track spine has always been a greeny colour on that turn from trees. It doesn't look a different colour at all to me. Back onto Thirteen the theming looks good and I really like the statues.

Still, that makes fit into the theme. Like the forest is 'infecting' everything.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Uncle Arly said:
Brookes said:

Still, that makes fit into the theme. Like the forest is 'infecting' everything.

Still, I'm still red/green colourblind and it all looks the same to me - so sometimes I have to ask for help :roll:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
It doesn't look that different! But if they did a paint job that made it look all mossy, but still have the red underneath, that would look pretty good. And I imagine cheaper than a complete repaint?

Jools

Giga Poster
Personally I feel Rita's current colour scheme still works, as faded maroony red and brown go well with a hostile theme, it would even work in Forbidden Valley... maybe not X Sector :lol:

Anyway, I am very impressed with the theming, it makes me wonder what they can actual fit in the building, maybe there will be theming hanging from the ceiling :?

marc

CF Legend
I like the building looks great, but this is the difference for example Hansa used real brinks for there Alton use pre fab stuff.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hansa were also unable to get it finished in time.

I don't think pre-fab is an issue. Ok, so it can look cheap, but it's what the vast majority of well-themed parks use as well. It just has to be done well, and, so far, it's looking like that's what's happening here.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Uncle Arly said:
It doesn't look that different! But if they did a paint job that made it look all mossy, but still have the red underneath, that would look pretty good. And I imagine cheaper than a complete repaint?
That's what I was picturing previously when I commented that it had a "greeny-tint" on the track; it looks quite nice and effective. I'd love to see Iridescent paint on coaster track sometime, it would look fantastic! :p

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
NickkyG said:
In the older pictures, the tree wraps around the very top of the building, yet in that latest picture it appears "chopped off" under the main window?

Are you on about the pictures from pg 145? I think the lower picture (the one on it's own) is an earlier one. The one's posted first are the 'latest' pics.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
furie said:
Screaming Coasters said:
Are you serious? LOL!!

That mossy colour is mold and tree sap... Rita has NOT changed.

I can't tell, it looked a bit different to me, but I have no idea if the colour is different or not - I genuinely need to be told if the colour changes. Hell, I can't even see the change in colour on the top bit of the track! :lol:

Ah, sorry uncle Phil.
I feel a bit of an arse now :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
A toony or cheated version would have blown it.

To me though it does look as if they've cheated, you can see in this pic they aren't using real brick work:

treexf.jpg

CHEATS. Though it does stitll have a very smiliar affect.

You got it the wrong way round, that picture showing it 'chopped' is older than the ones chowing it 'full'.

Also was I alone in think that the tree was a free standing tree in between the station and the lift?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
To me though it does look as if they've cheated, you can see in this pic they aren't using real brick

Means there's more room inside =). Also..if it looks like the real thing! why have the real thing! it's only decoration.

Kebab

Giga Poster
It's not CHEATING :lol:

You make it sound like they've taken the castle from another park or something, or typed in a code for easier building. :)

As Bob said above, it makes room for more things inside, I can see a hall area with cattlepans like on Hex in the queue somewhere, with plenty to look at on walls and from the ceilings.

I can't wait! :p

marc

CF Legend
I am not fussed but you notice the difference, Disney California real brinks for the building on main street DLP for example not. You do have to look close to see the difference anyway.

But we should just be happy they have done this theming well so far.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm not sure why, I have a feeling that the window may open when there is a train in there, o rmaybe the track moves forward and makes the window open, before slewing back.

Tim

Roller Poster
Martyn B said:
To me though it does look as if they've cheated, you can see in this pic they aren't using real brick work:

I'm fully aware how it is made, and its irrelevent.

What it looks like complete (when the illusion of construction methods and special effect trickery are hidden away) is the only important thing, and it looks like a stone tower. Not a comical interpretation of a stone tower.

They didn't cheat by painting flats, and they used a broad range of colours in painting it to seperate each false stone and give some of them a weathered look. Unlike say, the Pirate splash battle where the "brick" walls have been painted in one flat colour, completely ruining the efforts of the sculpters who bothered to put grooves between each stone...

Disney uses insulation paper to make rockwork on Pirates of the Carribean. Cheap brown paper!
And on Peter Pan's Flight, those clouds you see over the London set are actually sandwich bags suspended on wire!

They could have shipped real boulders cut from a mountain somewhere, they could probably also have found a way to suspend a foggy gas in the air to make tiny clouds too- but they didn't need to, because brown paper and plastic bags were all that were needed to look good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.