What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just a little information for you guys.

I've been on the phone to 'Frank PR' who are the PR agency in charge of the PR for Thirteen. I had a phone conversation with a very nice staff member about the Media Day previous to Thirteen's ride opening date. It turns out that there isn't one. She said, "There is no media day previous and we have been informed by Alton Towers that the media are going to be 'collecting their resources' on the 20th March 2010". She has promised me that I am gonig to be let known directly from Frank PR if anything on this issue changes.

I, personally, think that Alton areholding their cards close to their chest, even with their PR company about specific dates not counting the Thirteen Weekend or Opening Day, and that there WILL be a Media Event well in advance of the ride opening.

I am attending the Thirteen Weekend never-the-less as It seems a fantastic deal for £140.60!

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Friday 18th December 2009 - Only last week saw the unveiling of Alton Towers' latest roller coaster: Thirteen. The announcement set the enthuisiast community alight with discussion and excitement, but it seems they weren't the only ones.

It has been reported that certain celebrities have made offers to gain the first exclusive ride on the world's first "Psychoaster". These include an un-named Premiership footballer, who has offered £20,000 to be the first to ride.

Such interest has prompted Alton Towers Resort to consider the possibility of opening up a bidding war, with the highest bid gaining that exclusive ride. If the auction goes ahead, the money raised would go to the Merlin's Magic Wand charity. This wouldn't be the first time Alton Towers have held a charity auction for the same cause, as this time last year a Corkscrew ride car was auctioned off with a winning bid of £7,300.

Check back for further information on this charitable auction, and all other news relating to Thirteen and the rest of the Alton Towers Resort.

http://www.towersnerd.com/news/item.php?id=196

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Actually a pretty good idea. Attaching celebrities to the opening guarantees publicity, and money gets raised for charity, which also looks good for Alton.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Just a quick thought where do you think the SW6 will be in this ride? Also a thought about the theme, i'm not too sure if this has been mentioned here but on the alton towers heratige site there is a myth which sounds like it could work with the theme and the fact that is the only other legend than hex it does make me slightly suspicious. And this is the legend of the high shutt tree and what just got put in place as the major scenery object? A tree. Here is the heratige site. http://www.altontowersheritage.com/heri ... topicid=10
If this is the theme, with the hanging, then I think if the inside bit is the drop they could do someting like extremis at the dungeons. But seeing as it is meant to be extremely scary I think they might acctualy have something that makes you feel as if there is a rope around your neck.But this theory does ignore the wraiths.........

coasterboy

Mega Poster
^ TBH if they do have that silly age restriction on it, I want to see a wraith brutally murdering someone [in the shadows] then it jumps over you as you fall. :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
^ Nah I think it will be subtle psychological horror rather then brutal saw like gore. I will be dissapointed if it does feature gore acctualy because they will be seriously missing out on an opertunity. I have a slight feeling that if they do use the high shutt tree legend they may use alot of chlostrophobic bits. Because if they are rating this 16+, even though it is hype, compared to saw's 12
+ there has to be alot more disturbing immigery and seeing as it sounds like they are suggesting they are going to mess with your head in more subtle and disturbing ways then simple gore.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Some more themeing has appeared :)

6h1476.jpg

2yo2tk7.jpg

mijthu.jpg

9sqvr8.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/altontowersresort/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Has Rita changed colour there???

Like the way the statues are set to try and hide the supports too... Looks interesting, I liek the look of the wraith statue, but not so much the tree.

Thanks Martyn (H).

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I thought that too, it seems to have mossy coloured tint to the track. Looks pretty good in my opinion :)

The castle and theming look stunning! Looks like a steer away from Saw's blocky, unrealistic shed, which of course is a great thing!

This is making my Christmas! I want to see some photos of the area with snow; that would be nice to see. What's all that empty space on the final picture? Was that there before?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I love the new theming!! :D

I saw a pic of the front of the building the other day with the themeing half there, it looked good. Now I really like, which is a change from my original opinion on it.

I think Rita is just a dirty old girl ;) Nothings changed!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Wait a second. If they are called "Petrified wraiths then that implys they aren't evil, due to the fact they are the ones being petified.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
silenthillXD said:
Wait a second. If they are called "Petrified wraiths then that implys they aren't evil, due to the fact they are the ones being petified.
I think you'll also find - "In geology, petrifaction, petrification or silicification is the process by which organic material is converted into stone" :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Martyn H said:
silenthillXD said:
I think you'll also find - "In geology, petrifaction, petrification or silicification is the process by which organic material is converted into stone" :p

Pwned!

I'm loving the castle! When first looked thought it was actually part of the Towers! That can't be bad.

Thorpe gets half-assed, Alton gets PROPER themeing.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Martyn H said:
silenthillXD said:

Yeah that is what I meant. It shows that they are being turned into stone by something. Maybe if they die they turn into stone, or something similar but it shows that they aren't evil because they are the ones being turned into stone! Thats what I meant.

Tim

Roller Poster
They've done a fantastic job on the building itself. Very cool.

I do wonder if they felt increased pressure down in the studio to make this look right since it sits only a hundred yards from a real example. A toony or cheated version would have blown it.

The statues are cool too, although I wish they would set them into the ground somehow so they looked like permanent additions rather than halloween night theming wheeled out to temporary locations

NickkyG

Mega Poster
In the older pictures, the tree wraps around the very top of the building, yet in that latest picture it appears "chopped off" under the main window?

Status
Not open for further replies.