What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Yeah there does seem to be some wooden track! Hmm I wonder what that is for. (Investigating face) Also it appears Rita hasn't been painted yet. Is it too late now to start?

Darren

Roller Poster
I have been wondering at that apparent piece of wooded track. I've just realised what it is. It's just those cylinder supports with the wooden beaming around the edge. You can see it from a different angle in the rest of that picture. The snow just makes it harder to see... :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
4250821095_352ac75fa9.jpg

Something about that banked turn reminds me of RollerCoaster Tycoon, I can't quite put my finger on it... :?

Thankfully you won't be able to see that banked turn when it's finished, looks like a poor attempt at getting a nice smooth continuous banked helix to me :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
To me (from the other pictures as well) it looks like the helix will have like..ups and downs in it, similar to corkscrews helix! Seeing as it probably won't have much speed in this part I think it's a good way to spice things up. It would explain the weird shaping anyway.

I'm also impressed with the depth of that ditch!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
AJ said:
Uncle Arly said:
I imagine riding you (Especially in the dark) will be quite weird.

OMG, LMFAO!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, does anyone get the feeling that the train is going to run quite slow around this turn? Look how shallow the banking it. Maybe this is because something will happen inside the tunnel?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think anyone ever confirmed it was a tunnel - so it's a bit of a surprise to see it looking like that to be honest.

If it is enclosed, then it makes things quite different.

Before, it looked like:

1. Enter station (after the coaster bit in the woods).
2. Suffer the "secret weapon bit".
3. Pushed out backwards into the open through a trench.
4. Back into station for a turnaround.

If this is indeed all covered though, then the "secret weapon bit" may not just be restricted to the station building. As you say Erol, there's a chance that the entire "effect" is pushed right through that reverse section.

I know it's been done on Everest before, but you could have projectors making it look like the Wraiths are chasing you backwards right through there. Okay, that's high fantasy stuff - but some kind of effect like that. It makes the entire thing less "damp squib". :)

Ollie

CF Legend
There was no known covering on the plans but it would be cool if they did. Although if there were going to make it a tunnel then they should of done it by now otherwise it'll be quite a quick job.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can't think of any other reason for those piles, other than restraining the earth - but I'm sure there are better solutions...

I doubt it'll take too long to cover the track though, they built an entire extension on the back of our house in less than two months - and that was just two builders!!!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The construction here is similar to what they did to a Canal near us. That was a cut-and-cover to get it under a major road.

Have to see how they cap the top of them off before making a judgement.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can't decide if that's real, or a model that's been knocked up for marketing purposes...

AJ

Giga Poster
^ I was thinking that. The "track" seems too perfect, let alone the actual car itself haha. The car, at the sides, is also hovering aboove the ground, with snow pushed against the sides at the back....

Hmm..... Marketing methinks.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Well, what it shows us is the width of the car in comparison with the track, and also that there are going to be no restraints. :lol:

A few more:

19531_283317251200_21765316200_4866807_2320813_n.jpg

19531_283317236200_21765316200_4866805_1808409_n.jpg

19531_283317246200_21765316200_4866806_3337453_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.