Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Games we play...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ormerod, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Pierre

Pierre Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Magnum Force
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Not only are Nintendo going down the demonic route of DLC, they're not even doing it properly. The first DLC for Zelda includes three things, two of which are;

- Hard Mode
    - A Map Feature

There's also a new challenge which is probably the route they should have gone down in the first place, and just included hard mode as an option on the initial game (whether it's available or not immediately or upon completion of the game should have been the only debate here). A new Map Feature? This could have just been done in a patch and not DLC surely?

My seven year old has ruined Mario for me anyway, we're playing our way through 3D world on the Wii U and she tells me where EVERY secret is because she has pretty much watched every level x10 over.

Edit: What the :emoji_zipper_mouth: is my profile picture all about????

2. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Exact same here. My little brother always gets mad when I don't get every possible secret in every single level. It's so annoying you can't enjoy anything!

The profile thing is just generic filler for those who have no profile picture.

3. furie

furie SBOPD Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    They did dlc on the Wii U. Which was also bad. Limited stuff and very expensive. Hardly ever (if any) sales.

Really frustrates me as I want to play additional stuff, but like £10 or whatever it is for two new Smash characters is awful. Everyone else reduces prices after a period and sales due off, but everything Nintendo remains a high price and unsold - like it's a badge of honour or something to not make money but when you do, margins are ridiculous.

I think YouTube should be banned anyway. Why is it more fun to watch annoying people pay games than it is to play the game yourself???

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

4. Pierre

Pierre Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Magnum Force
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    ^ Yeah tell me about it. The DLC in MK8 was poor too, a few characters and the price was ridiculous.

Yeah I only just picked up 3D World in October when it finally went onto Nintendo Selects (three years after release) - I've known Nintendo games though to never go to 'Selects' or if they have taken much longer than three years.

Has anyone had any experience with Gameseek by the way? https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Vidww4tgNSwitch/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Grey-

£198.50 for the Switch when it's £279.99 everywhere else? Seems too good to be true.

In other news, I signed up to the PS Now 7 day trial, will be cancelling after the 7 days, it's a large choice but just don't get the nostalgic feel playing PS3 games as I do with PS1 games... Speaking of PS1 games, Crash N:Sane Trilogy has a release date of 30th June! No price yet but they are calling it a 'AAA Remaster' so I'm fully expecting a full RRP of around £39.99-£44.99 which is tragic.

Lastly, despite me saying I don't get the nostalgic feel from playing PS3 games, I have been giving MW:Remastered some stick on Hardcore S&D in recent weeks and if anyone on here fancies a game give us a shout.

Now, to get this wedding out of the way so I can FINALLY justify spending £350.00 on a VR headset lol!

5. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

Resi7 : So despite what I may have said earlier, I have been playing the full version in VR (not very much as I'm rubbish and it keeps scaring me).
    Does make me a bit more motion-sickness/VR nauseous - more so than the other car racing/space-shooty VR games anyway. But I'll persist with it I think - an hour or so at a time - as its so well done. :emoji_biohazard:

6. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    Ps now sucks. I just don't understand what was going through Sony's head with it, other than $$$$

When you look at Microsoft and the fact they give you the 360 games free that run under emulation on the Xbox One, it's a very poor offering.

They don't even run well enough on the Now servers to make them appealing.

Having said that, I don't play any 360 games on the Xbone lol

I do have a ridiculous ps3 have catalogue though and would like to have the convenience of it on the PS4 occasionally.

Lord M - something that might interest you.

I picked up Trackmania while it's cheap in the sale.

It's a "lite" driving game, but one that requires precision and skill to really nail. Lots of repeating short levels to pick up extra seconds.

It has local multiplayer, not as good as Blur, but still fun.

It also has a bunch of roller-coaster tracks in a VR mode, that are as fun as they are sickening :)

Thought it was worth mentioning.

7. Wrexham_forever

Wrexham_forever Member

Best Coaster:
    gwazi
    Best Park:
    busch gardens tampa
    My 5 year son loves watching any mario game on YouTube, starting to do my head in.

I don't mind watching people play games on YouTube or even twitch. Some can be really enjoyable if they have a good personality or sense of humour.

Mainly youtube for me is good for new games. I will watch a few videos just to see if I like the look of it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

I realise this might be a bit niche (to those of a certain gaming-vintage/heritage anyway), but the latest psychedelic trance infused arcade shooter thing from the hairy people at Llamasoft came out this week on the PSVR ; "Polybius" ( LINK )

And its lovely in VR (2D videos don't do it much justice but you can get the gist of it from them I guess) - super smooth and thoroughly engaging and playable. Feels like you are really "inside the game".

Anyway, great stuff - recommended if you like that sort of thing.

9. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    I've been rammed with work the last few weeks, so I'd missed this was so close to release.

I love Minter stuff, so will have to pick it. Cheers for the heads up :)

davidm likes this.
  10. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. </yak>

11. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    Oh deer.

12. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

Here is the ox-himself playing thru the first few levels, kinda explaining how it works...

13. caffeine_demon

caffeine_demon Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    skyrush
    Best Park:
    Europa
    Ahh - brings back memories of llamatron with it's screaming mandelbrots.....

14. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

and just to plug Polybius one more time (if you have PSVR and don't have it, why not? (especially as its 1/2 price in the current PS summer sale!!!), it features pretty heavily in the new video for NIN ("Less Than");

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  15. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    If Trent says to buy it, then you'd best buy it :)

davidm likes this.
  16. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Bit of a bump, but anyone know of any good 2 player shooter games for PS3?

17. Pierre

Pierre Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Magnum Force
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Does anybody (furie) have any recommendations on 3DS?

Daughter wants a new 3DS XL, I saw the regular sized 'new' 3DS had been discontinued already not sure why, so we just have the new 2ds and 3ds XL - am I going to get this 'new' 3ds XL only for a 'super new 3ds XL' to come out shortly after? I find the whole DS family very confusing :(

18. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    Ps3??? Who still plays on them?

Is screen cheat all on it?

19. furie

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    The 3ds xl is lovely and I think it's about where is at. With the Switch, I do think maybe the next DS will be a switch.

The 2D is fine too, but I like the chunkier xl

20. Pierre

Pierre Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Magnum Force
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Ok so I ordered a new 3ds xl only to find out it doesn’t come with a charger in the box!!!!! Nintendo’s reasoning “we don’t want to add an unnecessary charge into the RRP of the console for a component the buyer will potentially have”

Pisstakers. Our last DS was a DS lite and from what I’ve read they changed the charger at DSi so need to buy a new one!