What's new

The Games we play...

davidm

Strata Poster
and just to plug Polybius one more time (if you have PSVR and don't have it, why not? (especially as its 1/2 price in the current PS summer sale!!!), it features pretty heavily in the new video for NIN ("Less Than");

Last edited:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Does anybody (furie) have any recommendations on 3DS?

Daughter wants a new 3DS XL, I saw the regular sized 'new' 3DS had been discontinued already not sure why, so we just have the new 2ds and 3ds XL - am I going to get this 'new' 3ds XL only for a 'super new 3ds XL' to come out shortly after? I find the whole DS family very confusing :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Does anybody (furie) have any recommendations on 3DS?

Daughter wants a new 3DS XL, I saw the regular sized 'new' 3DS had been discontinued already not sure why, so we just have the new 2ds and 3ds XL - am I going to get this 'new' 3ds XL only for a 'super new 3ds XL' to come out shortly after? I find the whole DS family very confusing :(
The 3ds xl is lovely and I think it's about where is at. With the Switch, I do think maybe the next DS will be a switch.

The 2D is fine too, but I like the chunkier xl

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ok so I ordered a new 3ds xl only to find out it doesn’t come with a charger in the box!!!!! Nintendo’s reasoning “we don’t want to add an unnecessary charge into the RRP of the console for a component the buyer will potentially have”

Pisstakers. Our last DS was a DS lite and from what I’ve read they changed the charger at DSi so need to buy a new one!

peep

CF Legend
Urgh, that's gross. I sort of understand no one wants to be swamped in a pile of the same charger cables but that's still really cheeky.

I purchased South Park: Fractured but whole on Friday. It's amazing, like being a part of an epic season of South Park. There's been a few annoying moments where I'm trying to move a ladder into place only for it to just get stuck, aside from that I've been having an amazing time. There's just so much to explore and many toilets to use (each one is a mini-game with varying difficulty).

Hutch

Strata Poster
Been playing some games as always. I got a Switch this past Christmas so I've been having fun with that. Been focusing on some smaller/cheaper titles as school kept me from spending time on more time consuming games. Some highlights:

Celeste. This has become one of my favorites. It's a 2D platformer, and it's hard as hell. But it feels so rewarding and there's even a really touching story. Soundtrack is excellent as well. Think it's available on most platforms, was only $20 and you can complete the main story in 10 hours or less.

Stardew Valley. Okay this one is technically supposed to be more time consuming but I've only played around 15 hours, on and off throughout the past several months. I like it and it's quite relaxing, I just haven't been hooked on it like others have had.

Civilization 5. Just got this a few days ago. Now that the school semester is over I've been looking for something to get me hooked on for hours, and I think this might do it. Kind of reminds of Settlers of Katan and Fire Emblem, both of which I really enjoy. Political intrigue is fun!

Steamworld Dig 2. Also just got this. I've heard nothing but great things and so far so good. It's a neat little Metroid-Vania where you're basically mining through the earth and encountering smart little dungeons and puzzles.

I purchased South Park: Fractured but whole on Friday. It's amazing, like being a part of an epic season of South Park. There's been a few annoying moments where I'm trying to move a ladder into place only for it to just get stuck, aside from that I've been having an amazing time. There's just so much to explore and many toilets to use (each one is a mini-game with varying difficulty).
I was thinking about getting this. It just came out on Switch recently, might wait till it's on sale though.

I'm also looking forward to the Dark Souls Remaster. I tried the original on PS3 but I lost my data so this should get me back into it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Just gonna bump this thread as I'm currently delving into Red Dead Redemption II. The environment in this game is astounding, and I love the sense of adventure already. I'm about 3-4 missions in so still early days yet... anybody else had a crack yet?

davidm

Strata Poster
Have lost a few hours to it so far. I've robbed a train and am currently off on a bear hunt.... its very impressive technically and from a narrative/acting point of view, but the 'game' aspect seems a bit lacking to me - its like playing a long, slow movie, perhaps that's the point?

peep

CF Legend
Instead of doing the same as everyone else this weekend I got Spider-Man for the PS4. Incredible game so far, finding some of the controls a bit awkward at times but that's because I'm useless. It feels like there's a crazy amount of things to do and the re-creation of New York is incredible, the attention to detail is ridiculous.

I am tempted to get RDR2 but I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.