What's new

The Games we play...

Fraser789

Roller Poster
I just finished the story and on Just Cause 3 but wasn't really that impressed with it. I have it on Xbox One but it seems like it struggles to run properly in some parts of the game! I have been playing Battlefront instead which is actually quite an addictive game to play even if your not a huge Star Wars fan.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I'm finding Battlefront really good "fun". It may be a bit shallow for hardcore shooter fans, but I find it exciting, fast paced and nowhere near as frustrating as I've found other online shooters.

Just Cause 3 I'm holding back on until they've sorted the performance issues. I adored JC2, just utterly ridiculous.

Fortunately, I can get it on the PS4, so avoid most performance problems it's been suffering from. Microsoft got the better Skyrim, Sony the better Just Cause 3 :lol:

I've been bombing my way through Forza Horizon 2 over the last couple of weeks. Stupid, arcade, unrealistic, poor fidelity ridiculously addictive entertainment :) I lost almost two weeks to the original Horizon before almost 100% completing it (there was a single XP board I just couldn't get - it was on the map but I could never physically find it).

Horizon 2 is just more of the same. It's simple, just enough of a challenge to make it exciting/interesting and has so much to do. It's a great counter by MS to Drive Club. Both equally addictive.

The question is, why can't you cross buy car packs between Horizon 2 and the two XB1 Forza games? If you could, I'd lap them up.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, I think I might buy a game in the new year. Either Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4 - for the PC.

Has anyone played either (or both) and have any thoughts on which one is better? I'm after something quite fun and enjoyable, with a good plot and nice graphics. I really didn't get on with Far Cry 4 for some reason (I just found it too difficult, even on 'normal', and a bit... disjointed), although I am trying to get in to it. I might like to try another one of these games (JC3 or FO4, like I said), just to add some variety to my collection. :D

nealbie

CF Legend
If you like GTA, you'll like Just Cause. It's like a more ridiculous version.

Fallout is easily the best game of the last few years. But it will take away your life. My house has three PS4s and our significant others haven't had a look in for over a month. Fallout everywhere.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeh, I got Just Cause and it's just a stupid game. It knows it's just pure entertainment so doesn't really make any effort to be realistic or anything. It's just anarchic enjoyment. I loved JC2 and JC3 takes everything good from that and nails it. It's just simple enjoyment - fun for the sake of it. Though the gun play and driving is crap, but you don't care because it's all about tethering baddies to propane tanks and then shooting the tank so it takes off with the bad guy attached.

FO4 is a "proper game" as Neal says - both will eat away at your life though :lol:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Just got $40 worth of free Steam games. My plan is to buy 5 games with the sale(Software Inc, Cities Skylines, G Mod, Faster Than Light, and Papers, Please). Can't wait!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anybody play Clash of Clans? If so, my clan is looking for new members. We war twice a week. Any level welcome. If interested, drop me a PM.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks, Neal! It's the only game I play! If I can't pick up my phone and play for 10mins whilst sat on the loo, I'm not interested.

nealbie

CF Legend
I had to look up what Clash of Clans was, looks entertaining and addictive tbh. The "we war twice a week" was the cutest expression given the premise of explosions and death haha.

Might give it a go as it's free.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, it's geared towards building a base which you can do by collecting the resources but as with most mobile games, it's geared towards in-app purchases to make real progress.

It's the perfect game to pick up whilst on the toilet, waiting for the kettle to boil, tv advert breaks etc. Not taxing, not intense, just a bit of fun.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've played for a while now and I've done the dreaded spend really money on a clan thing. I've gotten my niece and nephew and brother into it and have been donating my max troops to their super week bases, makes for hilarious replays.

One gem boosting is life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

kimahri

CF Legend
Been playing a lot of Bloodborne over the last year, it was definitely worth my purchase of the PS4 as I've put a crap load of hours into it despite it not being as re-playable as Dark Souls 1 and 2. Really Looking Forward to Dark Souls 3 this year, shame I had missed out on the really big collectors edition that was exclusive to Amazon UK.

I did bag Fallout 4's Pipboy edition, It's a nice little bit of nerdy decoration. I need to get back to the main game. Kinda stopped after 20 hours on my first character but I'm sure I can pop back and start a new character with some experience with the changes they made and maybe fiddle about with some Mods once proper mod support is available.

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Afterbirth is also something I've sunk many hours into. Wasn't too enthralled by the original release but the updates made in Rebirth and style change were more appealing and Afterbirth's greed mode is also pretty fun since you can get overpowered pretty quickly.

Cities Skylines was a game I picked up last year too which I never thought I'd enjoy. I was quite pleased when I learned enough of the game to finally be able to draw big fat cocks in my city and have it still funtion.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Booted up my world on Minecraft Windows 10 edition earlier this evening to find that my compass is no longer pointing to the world spawn point that's near to my house. Was wondering if there's any way to fix this and get the compass back to pointing towards the house?

Have tried commands (but they're not implemented into Windows 10 yet), restarting the game and sleeping, all to no avail.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Started playing Rocket League, just mindless fun.

Got an Xbox One, been playing a lot of Madden, NHL 16, and Halo5 so far. Played more games in past 2 weeks than the past year combined. Love it, wife, not so much.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Ark Evolved.

Basically a survival game, but pretty deep in terms of keeping yourself alive and the exploring you can do. The map is huge and there are 70 person servers. Its a little bit like a vamped up minecraft, with decent graphics and more to do. You can tame dinosaurs and use them to harvest materials, or fight other players / dinosaurs with them. Ive only been playing a week but the further into the game you get the more advanced items you can craft. For instance you start off by making stone axes, and by the time you have leveled high enough you can craft automatic weapons and rocket launchers etc.

You can download and play free for an hour on xbox at the moment, but definitely recommend reading a start guide before you do or you may not stand a chance!

http://www.playark.com/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've had it on the PC for a few months now.

I like it, but it's long, hard and slow going.

Then you get eaten by a Raptor and it puts you back ten hours of crafting.

It's really designed for multiplayer though. You need to be part of a clan that plays together regularly to help each other out. It requires massive commitment. So I've not paid it for ages lol

The xbox one version is a dog though. Then again, so is the PC version without an uber rig. you really need good draw distance and definition, otherwise you'll be constantly nommed on by the inhabitants whenever you go looking for resources...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I've been playing Faster Than Light to death now. Absolutely fantastic game. It's like a Star Wars-esque setting, but you get to manage your ship and crew, the weapons, shields, etc. It's so much fun. Highly recommend it.

Software Inc. is pretty cool too. It's a great micromanagement game. You can do stocks, insurance, individual games and software, building the actual HQ building, each employee, the equipment, and a whole bunch of other stuff. And to top that all off, it was made by one guy. Granted it's in Pre-Alpha and is kind of buggy, it's still really good.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Furie, completley agree with you. I spent the first two hours seriously struggling, but then realised i had 7 mates online who had been playing a week or so. They had a tribe going, with a decent base so set up my own camp within their walls and between everyone there are always enough resources and food.

However a couple of days ago one of our tribe attacked what he thought was a lone ranger's camp a fair way from our base. Turned out he was part of a larger tribe :( these guys had armoured T-Rex's and all sorts, so came and demolished our camp and took everything. Im yet to log on again but i fear weeks worth of work has been undone!

Definitely a better game if youre playing with others though, like you say takes forever to get anywhere on your own!